Post Bike weekend in Steamboat - Local/experienced input appreciated

Hey guys, I'm planning out weekend trips for the summer and wanted to make it out to the Boat. Grew up skiing there all my life, and never have biked there much.

I was planning on camping somewhere in town and then riding that fat loop on MTB Project from town up to rabbit ears and then from there around the resort. https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7006894

My question is if its a better descent to continue on the singletrack or to descend down the face of the resort?

Additionally, I was thinking of just doing that fat loop one day (descending behind buffalo mtn from Rabbit ears) and then the next day doing a ride to the top of the resort and back down.

Opinions? Input? Also planning on tossin some flies on the yampa on those evenings.

Thanks guys

Most people will shuttle that ride but go for it if you got the stamina. Descending the ski area can be done on singletrack trails. It's a pretty long ride even as a shuttle. Don't do it if trails are wet, later in the summer is better/drier.

Back side of emerald mtn has some good trails too. Beall-ridge-Rotary is a fun loop. Stuff on the front of Emerald is fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Most people will shuttle that ride but go for it if you got the stamina. Descending the ski area can be done on singletrack trails. It's a pretty long ride even as a shuttle. Don't do it if trails are wet, later in the summer is better/drier.

Back side of emerald mtn has some good trails too. Beall-ridge-Rotary is a fun loop. Stuff on the front of Emerald is fun too.
    You think my odds would be good tossing my bike in the back of a pickup at the edge of town?

Quote Originally Posted by J_Berg View Post
    You think my odds would be good tossing my bike in the back of a pickup at the edge of town?
    No idea, but maybe find a partner. Or hitch up the pass after the ride, without your bike, to get your car.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    No idea, but maybe find a partner. Or hitch up the pass after the ride, without your bike, to get your car.
    Gotcha, I've got some friends from Highschool at CMC so maybe I'll hit them up

Park by the ears or get a ride up then take the 1101 out towards Buff Pass then hang a left and go down Fish Creek or take it all the way out to the top of the pass and ride down the road for a bit then drop into Spring Creek. It's been over 20 years since I've been there but I remember that as one of my favorite rides anywhere. If I'm off on the details it won't surprise me

Good deal. This was the initial plan! I'll let ya know how it goes. Can't wait for the high country to dry up