More PROOF 26" is the DOMINANT wheel size...

I filled out this survey, and while most people are using popular modern standards, 26" is STILL THE MOST POPULAR WHEEL SIZE.

http://whatswrongwithmtb.com/#rec18125221

Just let it go. We understand the you prefer 26" wheels. No reason to keep beating this horse. If it makes you feel better I'm still riding 26" as well (just because it's the most popular and I want to fit in).

Damian, how many hours have you spent submitting redundant answers to that survey?

There's no doubt - the existing stock of 26" bikes is bound to be large. It has been around a long time.

And you'll get no argument from me about 26" bikes.

That said - my next bike will be 27.5"... 'cause, you know - at the end of the day I just want to ride.

We duh...
    It's still dominant because it's the "standard" that's been out there the longest (for mountain bikes).
    No surprise there, I don't think it means what you think it means though.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    There's no doubt - the existing stock of 26" bikes is bound to be large. It has been around a long time.

And you'll get no argument from me about 26" bikes.

That said - my next bike will be 27.5"... 'cause, you know - at the end of the day I just want to ride.
    This.

Although I probably won't buy a new bike until they stop making Minions in 26".

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    This.

Although I probably won't buy a new bike until they stop making Minions in 26".
    Fortunately for you (knock on wood) they will probably NEVER stop making Minions in 26"... 'cause the molds are there and there will ALWAYS be 26" bikes around somewhere.

I bought SIX 26" minions this year. Two DH casing DHF's, two DHR2's, a DHF, and a minion SS.

I already had a bunch of DHF's in various types.

One good thing about 26" being under supported by the industry is that there are much fewer hype/trendy/garbage products being released in that size. You can get a stan's MK3 rim no problem, but there are no stupid $2k wheelsets.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian Sanders View Post
    One good thing about 26" being under supported by the industry is that there are much fewer hype/trendy/garbage products being released in that size. You can get a stan's MK3 rim no problem, but there are no stupid $2k wheelsets.
    I'll sell you a 26" wheelset for $2K.

Free shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I'll sell you a 26" wheelset for $2K.

Free shipping.
    Stupid wheelsets, or stupid people's wheelsets?

The Enve website seems to contain evidence to the contrary.

Alt facts

I filled out this survey, and while most people are using popular modern standards, 26" is STILL THE MOST POPULAR WHEEL SIZE.

http://whatswrongwithmtb.com/#rec18125221
    #fakenews

Stupid wheelsets, or stupid people's wheelsets?
    Handbuilt by me, Ringle hubs, Mavic 231 rims, 7-speed 12-28 Sachs freewheel. Standard 9x100 and 10x135 Q/R. Collector's items.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Damian is going to make summer feel 26 months long.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Handbuilt by me, Ringle hubs, Mavic 231 rims, 7-speed 12-28 Sachs freewheel. Standard 9x100 and 10x135 Q/R. Collector's items.
    Be sweet on that dean
    When yo buy that knolly dh on sac I have ringle /823 wheel set for you. One even has a minion on it. 90% off. You buy now

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Be sweet on that dean

When yo buy that knolly dh on sac I have ringle /823 wheel set for you. One even has a minion on it. 90% off. You buy now
    I'd be all over it if the top tube was over 24".

27.5" was a STUPID attempt by the bike industry to literally force 26" riders to buy new bikes. These are the people that thought 29er's have always been useless from the beginning and refuse to ride them, so they weren't upgrading. Problem is, they were only able to fool about half the people that are hardcore riders on 26" bikes. T

There are tons of people still riding 26" with ZERO intention of changing, maybe about 20% of the serious mtb cyclist market. These people WILL NOT buy a bike or frame through normal channels since 26" isn't being offered by most shops, and are forced to go to boutique brands or the used market. And people are surprised why bike sales have cratered?

This push on 29er's will cause a drift away from 27.5, and a resurgence of 26" where there really is a difference in how the wheels ride and perform. By the end of the decade, 650b will be back to being a niche wheel size, rightfully so.

Maroon 5 is the dominant music type, that doesn't make it better.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

There are tons of people still riding 26" with ZERO intention of changing, maybe about 20% of the serious mtb cyclist market. These people WILL NOT buy a bike or frame through normal channels since 26" isn't being offered by most shops, and are forced to go to boutique brands or the used market. And people are surprised why bike sales have cratered?

This is me, but I am still riding a Yeti 575, and an Intense 5.5. I'd love to pick up a 5 spot, too.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

dude......i used to ride a 26" with a 24" rear wheel....great for bashing around the big trees and bombing the fire roads.

I got big.....29er is SO fast. there is a reason they only use 29er in World Cup Cross country....

you dont need to think about it....just ride.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    This is me, but I am still riding a Yeti 575, and an Intense 5.5. I'd love to pick up a 5 spot, too.
    I'm probably selling mine, if'n yer interested.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en...te-29-inch-v10

Even DH bikes are going 29er. Sorry Damian. Your dreams are ending.