Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    OK, someone clue me in why they couldn't just migrate like we did.
    I don't think bears migrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    OK, someone clue me in why they couldn't just migrate like we did.
    They will, to Pugski ?
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Wasn't there a membership fee or "sponsorship" on Epic? So you could access the special threads, only for members. Wonder what happened to that content.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    Wasn't there a membership fee or "sponsorship" on Epic? So you could access the special threads, only for members. Wonder what happened to that content.
    That sort of changed after ownership change, to where if you got enough popularity points you could access pretty much the same content. The main difference is that over the last couple years some of the content got taken more hard left by the moderators. Some people expressed a "what Vail doesn't know, won't hurt them," view towards this, but that may have worked about as well as it does in other contexts. Give it a while, and everybody knows. In skiing terms that content isn't as problematic as the actual ski discussions on there, though.

^you mean left handed forums? NTTAWWT.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyIsland View Post
    That sort of changed after ownership change, to where if you got enough popularity points you could access pretty much the same content. The main difference is that over the last couple years some of the content got taken more hard left by the moderators. Some people expressed a "what Vail doesn't know, won't hurt them," view towards this, but that may have worked about as well as it does in other contexts. Give it a while, and everybody knows. In skiing terms that content isn't as problematic as the actual ski discussions on there, though.
    Wild! I just took a stroll through a memory lane of decade+ old posts...
    was catching shit from a mod for the my complaint that an interesting and relevant thread on global warming was relegated to hidden status. I also criticized their micro-moderating of the threads.
    fortunately I discovered TGR...

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Wild! I just took a stroll through a memory lane of decade+ old posts...
    was catching shit from a mod for the my complaint that an interesting and relevant thread on global warming was relegated to hidden status. I also criticized their micro-moderating of the threads.
    fortunately I discovered TGR...
    Micro-moderation can be annoying enough if the moderators know what they're talking about. In Epic's case, with moderators from places like Costa Rica, Florida, North Carolina, the mid-Atlantic, etc., not surprisingly the end results could be strange. Probably their leading "race technique" guru billed himself as a racer/race coach, and put up lots of video of himself riding his tails on the same low-angle runs...but seemingly never in gates, and with a technique very different from racers. There were results similar to that for basically any subject the forum addressed.

In terms of issues Vail is facing, even if they just killed the "hidden" forums, there're a lot of things in the general forums where they have to ask whether they would be helping by keeping that content up.

RIP EpicSki 1999-2017

Never went on the site until these death throws. What were in these "hidden" forums that keep getting mentioned? Is that were the cool kids got to hang? And why don't we have them? Or do we?!?!?! And tags. Bring back tags

Bring back the tags....#beefcurtains was my favorite..

There are tags in TGR's secret forums.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I want to speak with the race technique guru
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

They didn't look to kindly upon your type over there, dawg.

i was told not to talk about that stuff

That's why they killed Blurred.

This thread has taken a turn for the better.
    #tgrdeepstateforumhashtags

First rule about deep state forums....
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

In terms of issues Vail is facing, even if they just killed the "hidden" forums, there're a lot of things in the general forums where they have to ask whether they would be helping by keeping that content up.
    Warmer

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    I want to speak with the race technique guru
    Well, people here don't put up a lot of gate footage, either. So there's that in common to start the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    I still want to be a mogul master. that lame thread was good.
    I'm a mogul master-bater. Who wants to touch me?

Oops, too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    I'm a mogul master-bater. Who wants to touch me?

Oops, too late...
    If it's still too late, I'd get that checked.

As far as bating and hating, Spindrift had an interesting go at the Crud over on the dying forum...and then there was this neat bit of knee injury love:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ryan
    "Fox (Hat), do you remember the moment when we were in the chair going over a lift line at Deer Valley, and someone
    out of control plowed into said line and took out a woman in Bogner? Both legs bent at the knees in wrong angles
    where she lay splayed out on the snow."

Ah yes, I still laugh at that one. [End Quote]

Vail is walking away from a trove of knee injury humor that it may not even know it had.

Epic RIP~

If it's still too late, I'd get that checked.

As far as bating and hating, Spindrift had an interesting go at the Crud over on the dying forum...and then there was this neat bit of knee injury love:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ryan
    "Fox (Hat), do you remember the moment when we were in the chair going over a lift line at Deer Valley, and someone
    out of control plowed into said line and took out a woman in Bogner? Both legs bent at the knees in wrong angles
    where she lay splayed out on the snow."

Ah yes, I still laugh at that one. [End Quote]

Vail is walking away from a trove of knee injury humor that it may not even know it had.
    I just checked out that post as I think I skied with Ryan many years back and he didn't seem like a douche. There is no "ah yes, I still laugh at that" in his post and the post does not show it was edited. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    I just checked out that post as I think I skied with Ryan many years back and he didn't seem like a douche. There is no "ah yes, I still laugh at that" in his post and the post does not show it was edited. What am I missing?
    Check out the reply from "Wear The Fox Hat." Unless that got edited, you will see I quoted correctly.

Maybe Ryan wasn't recounting the story for hilarity, and was instead bringing it up as a dark moment he and the Fox Hat dude had gone through. Maybe Fox Hat just took it to a bad place. I am open to that.

Not the likeliest explanation, but I am open to it.
    Last edited by SkyIsland; 05-11-2017 at 07:38 AM.

I skied with ryan a few times. Good company IME.

Quote Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
    I skied with ryan a few times. Good company IME.
    You're obviously part of Epic's drift to being a hard-left political forum. And, the fact that a guy who seemed to recount fondly a woman in Bogner getting both knees blown out, is a guy who you had a good experience with, probably doesn't make Vail any more eager to keep Epic alive as a forum.

Fox Hat, the guy who still laughs about that woman getting her knees jacked, was an Epic moderator at one point, btw. So, Vail might weigh this in evaluating whether this was something that had value to Vail.