Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Would you jongs STFU? Vail bought the forum because it was cheaper than getting into a trademark dispute over "epic" in relation to skiing. They don't give a rats ass about any of that other stuff. Wake up.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

T-15 to zero hour

Epic is now dead. RIP. 15 years worth of skiing content and history is now gone. Also, fuck VR.

RIP EpicSki 1999-2017

They got about 4 extra hours to work on their carving technique and moderate posts before the flip just switched.

As for the content there was a lot of diligent copying of the past 3 weeks to archive. Whether it ever shows up anywhere publicly is another matter.

PS fuck vail

Chichis arriba.

It was harder than I thought it would be to find an amusing sfw image for either tits up or chichis arriba within my limited attention span.

Vibes to the people who lost a place they enjoyed. And especially to those who don't yet know that they lost it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    They got about 4 extra hours to work on their carving technique and moderate posts before the flip just switched.

As for the content there was a lot of diligent copying of the past 3 weeks to archive. Whether it ever shows up anywhere publicly is another matter.

PS fuck vail
    Yeah the F Vail sentiment was pretty clear, with even Cirquerider, the former chief moderator who again became a moderator at the end, talking about he wouldn't forget the people who didn't care and "executed" Epic. So, if Vail were still open to talking to people...well, I am not so sure they should feel they were rewarded content-wise by giving the forum another 2 weeks.

TTips is an interesting counterpoint. Content-wise, TTips is sorely missed. Epic? Maybe more of a social dominance game. Even as a gear site, much of the advice was anywhere from astroturf to directly opposed to leading practice. The upside is it does affirm what a good job TTips did, and what current places like WildSnow are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyIsland View Post
    Yeah the F Vail sentiment was pretty clear, with even Cirquerider, the former chief moderator who again became a moderator at the end, talking about he wouldn't forget the people who didn't care and "executed" Epic. So, if Vail were still open to talking to people...well, I am not so sure they should feel they were rewarded content-wise by giving the forum another 2 weeks.

TTips is an interesting counterpoint. Content-wise, TTips is sorely missed. Epic? Maybe more of a social dominance game. Even as a gear site, much of the advice was anywhere from astroturf to directly opposed to leading practice. The upside is it does affirm what a good job TTips did, and what current places like WildSnow are doing.

It's a shame to see what the 2 week reprieve brought the site.

The truth about the actions & nature of the site's collapse will eventually come out. Stay tuned.

RIP EpicSki 1999-2017

What are you talking about? Are you one of the conspiracy posters over there convinced there is some vail exec that has spent more than a millisecond of thought about a ski forum for anal skiers and has come for vengeance?

I won a Smith helmet from the monthly photo thread contest a year or so ago. I was asked to write a review in the gear forum but I never got around to it. I sensed some resentment from the mods for that but shoot, you shouldn't be required or expected to do anything for winning a contest. I didn't write a review almost out of spite for being asked to be honest.

Other than that I have nothing. Thanks for the helmet Epicski!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    I won a Smith helmet from the monthly photo thread contest a year or so ago. I was asked to write a review in the gear forum but I never got around to it. I sensed some resentment from the mods for that but shoot, you shouldn't be required or expected to do anything for winning a contest. I didn't write a review almost out of spite for being asked to be honest.

Other than that I have nothing. Thanks for the helmet Epicski!
    Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    It had to be done.

Better than Harble?
    Thats the flying Asian. He succumbed to using poles this year.

Quote Originally Posted by South tahoe skier View Post
    Thats the flying Asian. He succumbed to using poles this year.
    In Epic fashion he got banned, but Cowboy Screwing Down with the Waist Steerers (also supposedly based on Tai Chi) got some sort of vague collaboration with Epic as a site. Yes Waist Steering.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    It's a shame to see what the 2 week reprieve brought the site.

The truth about the actions & nature of the site's collapse will eventually come out. Stay tuned.
    You go. I can't believe the shit I am hearing. I'd knock some teeth out. What a shit show.

thanx to epic, I know what a dolphin turn is. I am a better person for it

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    thanx to epic, I know what a dolphin turn is. I am a better person for it
    Now try it with a waist steer.

Because you recognize the superiority of the dolphin turn, you may be eligible for a helpful poster badge that goes to the most race ready. Bitcoin eligibility requirements may also apply. Pm me.

I'll miss it a lot. I was able to find good reviews of gear there that I couldn't find here. The search funtion here hasn't worked for several years so I'm glad to see It's working now! Still though it was nice to have 2 good forums.

Met some awesome people and friendly on Epic ski- had one of the best Jackson Hole weeks of my life skiing around with Bob Peters, who we met on Epicski. Also I think I met PAskier and PizzaSteve from there before we all started hanging out on TGR.

I won't miss Epicski's endless debates about ski run elevation gain.

I wonder how Bob from JH is doing. Is he still around and selling real estate there? Great dude, great skier.

^Whoa, there's someone you don't see here every day.

Bob Peters is fine and doing well in JH, though he's contemplating a move and wondering if maybe as a dirt pimp he had a significant role in making JH into what it's become.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    ^Whoa, there's someone you don't see here every day.

Bob Peters is fine and doing well in JH, though he's contemplating a move and wondering if maybe as a dirt pimp he had a significant role in making JH into what it's become.
    Bob is a great guy. I'm kind of shocked to hear he'd even consider leaving JH.

Besides selling homes - he is a long time JH instructor (and former guide). Just in case he is still around next winter and you know anyone shopping for one - they would not go wrong with him. Knows the mountain like the back of his hand,

Holy missing maggette, Batman!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I know, wow and so nice of you to drop by girl
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by BeanDip4All View Post
    Met some awesome people and friendly on Epic ski- had one of the best Jackson Hole weeks of my life...
    They actually had an Epic forum get-together at Jackson where they took a large, inexperienced group sidecountry with only the leader of the group, and possibly one other member, beeping. Obviously not unheard of in terms of sidecountry laps right there, but unusual in circumstance.

I just want google to stop directing me to fucking broken epic links.....

It's all good