Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dear Bike Industry: I won't buy a new bike/frame unless it's 26" specific.

SUCK IT.

ctd07 (1 days ago)

Lol, so ridiculous, I'm just waiting for a new 26" 150/160mm bike to be released before I ever buy another bike, adverts keep saying geometry's changing longer and slacker but I checked some specs and even that's hardly true, geometry has barely changed by 15mm on most top tubes over the last 5-7 years, stupid industry.

I want to ride The fun 26" wheel size again but with the latest suspension, geometry and rim improvements. Just make everything 'boost' if you have to and then please drop the ridiculous 'boost' moniker altogether as it sounds so nerdy and idiotic.

[Reply]
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/anothe...st-20x110.html

NO 26", NO SALE.

Last edited by Damian Sanders; 04-24-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian Sanders View Post
    Dear Bike Industry: I won't buy a new bike/frame
    eeeyup
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

No one cares. have you considered bitching less, and riding more?

As far as I can tell you've never made a post in this thread:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ring-back-pics

This is how flat Earthers procreate
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Looks like your next bike will be limited to dirt jumpers.

Wanna buy my 26" hardtail? Steel is real!

(and it fits 27.5" too, NTTAWWT)
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

So put 26" wheels in a 27.5" frame.

It's not fuckin' rocket surgery.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    So put 26" wheels in a 27.5" frame.

It's not fuckin' rocket surgery.
    Results in a bottom bracket too low and a steeper head angle with a 26" length fork.

The smart companies are offering replaceable dropouts that accommodate both, the axle only has to move 1/2" down and 1/2" forward.

DEAN is giving me $700 for this in their buy back program. I'll give you the Mag deal: $900.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

2015 knolly for ya on steep and cheap...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Dear Damian,

No one gives a shit.

-The Bike Industry
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

^^ Like

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    DEAN is giving me $700 for this in their buy back program. I'll give you the Mag deal: $900.
    He should , that's a cool bike I'd like to have in a collection. I hope your getting a 29/27.5+ equivalent to replace it

Prolly a geared 29 to compliment my SS. Still deciding.

Results in a bottom bracket too low and a steeper head angle with a 26" length fork.

The smart companies are offering replaceable dropouts that accommodate both, the axle only has to move 1/2" down and 1/2" forward.
    Stop pedaling like hack?

Use whatever fork length you need to replicate the stock HTA.

Again. Not fucking rocket surgery.
    Last edited by scrublover; 04-26-2017 at 08:09 AM.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

The cool kids rock two wheel sizes.

I already have a Ti bike from the mid 90's, though I could use some of those XTR m950 parts if you want to cut me a deal. Seriously.

The thread just makes you look sad. So something in the world move in a direction you're not happy with? Get over it.
    Religious people get in these debates all the time; jumping from one church to another because of who they're okay fucking or what they can eat/drink/wear/say. Those guys will literally murder because they can't reconcile change.
    All the purchasable stuff in our society changes and you can't always have the best of the old stuff with all the new bells and whistles of the new stuff. You like old 1960s Corvettes but wish they had the safety, reliability and emissions standards of the newer models? Nobody fucking cares.
    Wish you could still get the nice durability and vibrant shine of a lead based paint, only with the magical color palate of Ralph Lauren? Suck it old man. Ralph don't do lead.
    Times change. Change with them or stay on your porch leering at the neighborhood kids treading on your lawn.
    If there are still Knolly Chilcotins and Yeti SB 66s out there that you can buy, there's absolutely no room for bitching about lack of 26ers with rad geo. You can even put an angle headset on the Chili thanks to its futuristic 1.5" non-tapered head tube. Or get a Liteville. They aren't buying the wheel size specific bullshit. They're the wheel swingers of the bike world. Blow a 29er while you take a 26er in the ass.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Hold onto that thing man. Some bikes are just worth keeping. That's a neat one.

scrub: see you and I are problem solvers. Dipshit damian here......he needs a 26" sticker to know he can put a 26" wheel on something.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    The thread just makes you look sad. So something in the world move in a direction you're not happy with? Get over it.
    Religious people get in these debates all the time; jumping from one church to another because of who they're okay fucking or what they can eat/drink/wear/say. Those guys will literally murder because they can't reconcile change.
    All the purchasable stuff in our society changes and you can't always have the best of the old stuff with all the new bells and whistles of the new stuff. You like old 1960s Corvettes but wish they had the safety, reliability and emissions standards of the newer models? Nobody fucking cares.
    Wish you could still get the nice durability and vibrant shine of a lead based paint, only with the magical color palate of Ralph Lauren? Suck it old man. Ralph don't do lead.
    Times change. Change with them or stay on your porch leering at the neighborhood kids treading on your lawn.
    If there are still Knolly Chilcotins and Yeti SB 66s out there that you can buy, there's absolutely no room for bitching about lack of 26ers with rad geo. You can even put an angle headset on the Chili thanks to its futuristic 1.5" non-tapered head tube. Or get a Liteville. They aren't buying the wheel size specific bullshit. They're the wheel swingers of the bike world. Blow a 29er while you take a 26er in the ass.
    Wrong answer. While my personal OPINION is that mountain bikes using 650b and 700c ROAD rim sizes is stupid, I don't personally care if misguided people in the bike industry produce them. What I do care about is them NOT SUPPORTING the dominant 26" mountain bike wheel size, and then fabricating arguments (LYING) why a large wheel is better. For the vast majority of people, 26" wheels handle better, are stiffer, stronger, lighter, and less expensive, while only giving up a very small amount of roll over ability.

Damn Plug, if I knew someone that could weld a disc tab on that I would buy it from you and convert it into a gravel bike.

That's what DEAN will prolly do. That style rides really well. 29 just fits me too good. And frankly the brakes are great. Just find a decent non-disk wheelset...as if.

I already have a Ti bike from the mid 90's, though I could use some of those XTR m950 parts if you want to cut me a deal. Seriously.
    If you are a real person...(a big if, I realize), I could send you a box of the stuff. The small chainring is missing some teeth, and new rings are tough to find, etc. Good for parts maybe.

Don't help that schmuck. He's a cancer here, not a maggot
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Don't help that schmuck. He's a cancer here, not a maggot
    You crack me up.