PSA Discount code for single track 6 bike race/ride

skibee and I where in Moab for the transrockies groups "Moab rocks" event and they gave out discount codes for the singletrack 6 event (this year in Rossland and Nelson BC.

http://singletrack6.com/

$350 off the ST6, 2017

$200 off the ST3, 2017

PM me for code

Help me understand: The riding will be awesome, the terrain is excellent. But why would someone pay 1k to 1500 to go and ride crowded trails when they could go before or after? Not trying to be cynical, I just don't see the benefit. Unless, you're pro or trying to be, and then you likely wouldn't pay anyway.... I actually looked seriously into it until I saw the ticket charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenai View Post
    Help me understand: The riding will be awesome, the terrain is excellent. But why would someone pay 1k to 1500 to go and ride crowded trails when they could go before or after? Not trying to be cynical, I just don't see the benefit. Unless, you're pro or trying to be, and then you likely wouldn't pay anyway.... I actually looked seriously into it until I saw the ticket charge.
    I usually work the events as a mechanic, so I understand your POV 100%.

Most of the people are "eventing" or "participaracing" they have limited time off, and want to have an course all planed out for them and not spend any time, or effort in planning it out. Just show up, ride the best trail, in the best way, with regualr food/water retocking, wtih no maps to look at, or trails to plan out. And they are willing to PAY for this
    They have the luxury of finance, but not the luxury of time. I expect that both us are NOT in that catagory.

Well said, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything. I will likely plan those trails a week or two before the event to avoid the circus. I suppose in some ways it comes down to introvert versus extrovert. Some want to share the trail and be surrounded by others, and some want to have some sense of serenity. But yes, the logistics come hard for many and they want plug and play, I understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenai View Post
    Well said, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything. I will likely plan those trails a week or two before the event to avoid the circus. I suppose in some ways it comes down to introvert versus extrovert. Some want to share the trail and be surrounded by others, and some want to have some sense of serenity. But yes, the logistics come hard for many and they want plug and play, I understand that.
    yup, skibee was eventing in Moab, I rode other trails to be away from people, but the next day the trails are back to normal again.

What people pay for a week at the ST6, I spend on a month on the road in the fall. But I'm camping in a tacoma with a poptop camper, for free, on BLM land. Bfast in the camper, lunch on the trail and eating out most nights. But again, I have the luxury of time, not money

Great minds. My taco and pop up agree with you. And 1k is setting up for a pretty sweet hut trip. Sadly, I seem to have neither money nor time. Time to sell more things on gear swap.