I'll bet if you tried really hard you could guess

Mt biking Oregon

Was thinking about a road trip to Oregon the beginning of next month. I've never been there. It's the only state in the west I have not been to.

Anyway wondering about my biking there in early May? Was thinking of the Bend and Oak Ridge area. Is it worth while this time of year? Too much snow? Too wet?

Or should I be heading farther south and save Oregon for a fall road trip?

Local knowledge would be appreciated! Thanks!
    You don't need freerides when you got freeheels

I bet the mid to low elevation is ready to ride in Bend. call "cog wild" they do shuttles

Mt biking Oregon

Sandy Ridge and most of Post Canyon/Gorge stuff is already riding well and I would consider must see for a first timer to Oregon. Not sure how long you are planning on coming for but a Bend-Hood River-Oak Ridge loop would give you a shot at a ton of different good trails with lots of variety without a crazy amount of driving. Oregon is big.

Also some really good high elevation stuff around Mt. Hood but nothing will be ready till late June early July based on current snowpack.

My friends on OR have ridden Sandy and BRMBA in the last couple weeks. Looks like game on.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Still ski season in Central OR. Theres snow in Bend above 4000' so some higher el rides off Century Drive will be off limits (unless you bring fatties or want to rent some). Trails below snowline are quite nice - tacky! A big portion of Phils is off limits due to thinning operations.

Both Mckenzie River Trail and Oakridge should be in good shape but haven't seen any reports. Check with Mckenzie Ranger station for MRT conditions and with Willamette Mountain Mercantile for Oakridge beta.

Alsea (central OR coast) is pretty good and getting better.

Hey there- I started a similar thread a few years ago here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ghlight=oregon

and you've gotten good conditions updates as well. Have a great time!

What are some of the bigger vert trails in Oregon? Like a solid 3k climb to a 3k DH?

Not sure on that ride, but we did a road trip last august, SLC>Bend>Lower half Mckenzie>Sandy Ridge>Hood River>Crystal WA.
    You'll miss out on some of the higher Bend shuttles do to Elk Calving grounds, those trails don't usually open till July i think?
    Oakridge is on the list, and you can get your long vert there.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Ashland, Oakridge, Blackrock, Cold creek (technically WA but really an Oregonian locals system).

Do that, and be happy.