Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    There is no question that he could be responsible for rent through the end of the lease under joint and several liability. After the end of the lease, I don't believe he can be held liable for her holdover tenancy, but I'm no dentist.

He should definitely discuss this with the landlord, because if he can get the landlord to agree to something, that could release him from future liability.
    This is accurate, but "he broke the lease" to me says that he has already been in contact with the landlord and severed the lease per the terms outlined in the lease including whatever penalties and costs may have applied. If that is the case, then the lease is gone, and she's the landlord's problem.

I can't believe nobody has suggested der poopenhausen yet.

I dont know shit about tenant laws, but being that its in California, i would be surprised if gf doesnt have robust legal remedies on her side.

I think your buddy will be paying for two leases come May.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Speed this process up: How about fucking other chicks with the door open and shitting in the apartment?
    Open roommates underwear drawer, shit inside. Shit on couch. Shit on bed. Beshit the entire place.

That's pretty shitty.

If he "broke" the lease. There is no lease. There is no contract.

Hence broken. Usually deposit is lost, and a months rent as a fee.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Take it to Judge Judy.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by berko View Post
    I dont know shit about tenant laws, but being that its in California, i would be surprised if gf doesnt have robust legal remedies on her side.

I think your buddy will be paying for two leases come May.
    Turning off the utilities probably made it far, far worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

If LL has to file for eviction, your buddy's on the hook for those costs since she's a listed occupant on his lease.

Why doesn't he sublease the place including Filipino banana lady services to a desperate single freak ? It's gotta be easier than getting a mail order bride.
    Last edited by fatnslow; 04-21-2017 at 03:18 PM.

So your buddy has this girlfriend he has been supporting for a few years and with less than 30 days notice, she is suppose to find a job, save first, last and deposit and find a new place to live... In 30 days?

Does she even have anywhere to go?

Crazy bitch or not, he got himself into this situation by supporting her for "a few years"

Maybe he could find a place for her to move to, and pay a month or two rent so she can get back on her feet?

Serious, tell us all how horrible she is, but there are always two sides to every story, and she is a human being that your buddy liked enough to support for several years...

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Serious, tell us all how horrible she is, but there are always two sides to every story, and she is a human being that your buddy liked enough to support for several years...
    Bwaaaaaa! Liked her enough to support her, but not enough to marry her. He'd have probably been on the hook for plenty of $$$ to help her "get back on her feet" if he'd gone and gotten her a stone and a band...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Goddamn. Mtn Girl making some sense. Who'da thunk?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    He is moving out after giving 30 days notice and she refuses to leave. Does he need to serve her or is it the landlords problem?
    I fail to understand how he has any obligation to anyone other than the landlord. That said, how was he able to break the lease without his co-signee's approval?

If she trashes the place after he leaves he will still be liable for the damage if not covered by the CD. That's why have landlord to inspect, as a witness that you left the place intact. If she does trash the place she won't have the resources to cover the damages but she will at least have a place to live--county jail.

I get where mountain girl is coming from but if he helps her "get back on her feet" there will be no end to it. Because at the end of whatever period of time the guy agrees to support her for she will be no more able to support herself than she is now--so he will either have to keep supporting her or make the clean break he should have made before and leave her to her own devices. This is not a situation that a few months of support is going to fix. 30 days is plenty of time for her to find someone else to sponge off of--if she can't do it in 30 days, she'll never do it.

^ it really doesn't sound like the guy has given her any notice at all.

Find a month to month place that will take her. Pay for a month or two. Get her moved. Change your number.

Gotta side with mtngirl here. Although for the record I'm still in favor of just pooping everywhere.

Mtn Girl, if I ever meet you, I can share the full story, as it was told to me by my bawling like a baby friend, over lunch. It is a fucking shit show like I have never heard in my life and I will not be sharing the details here other than to say in CA, getting out of a lease is tough. Luckily he meets the test for one reasons. He will need to file a restraining order and it is on him to have the eviction paperwork done. He is working on it. Hopefully she is booted out by the sheriff by next Thursday, as she is a real piece of work IMO.
    I know this guy. There are not two sides to the story. That is all I will say. I am out.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

No need to get all defensive. I am just offering an opinion on a ski message board based on the information that you shared. Sorry your friend is a victim.

Guys, a buddy just called me asking how to get rid of a girlfriend that lives with him rent free. They have been together a few years and her name is on the lease as an occupant, but he is financially responsible for all payments.
    He is moving out after giving 30 days notice and she refuses to leave. Does he need to serve her or is it the landlords problem?
    Thanks
    I haven't spoke to him in years, as she was a controlling bitch. He read on the internet that he needs to give her 60 days notice in CA, as she has lived there longer than 12 months. He contacted me to verify that and I am clueless, thank god. His lease was until the end of September, but he broke it.
    I was wondering if any of you guys knew from experience. O and as she is unemployed (as in forever) with shit credit, I doubt anyone will rent to her. You single guys better beware. A sociopath has been released to the wild and she will be looking for a new meal ticket. \
    At least I get my ski and surf bro back. And yes, he is done with her.
    That was my concern after Googling for info last night. Hopefully the landlord gives crazy the appropriate notice to vacate the premises. Also, I do not think the utility companies will turn the lights and water back on with her credit history, so living there is going to be bleak starting next week. Maybe that will push her down the road????

She refused to let my buddy move out his furniture, bed, washer & dryer, so he just filled his car with clothes and personal items and left. She said she was going to sell his shit on Craigslist. Good luck with no phone or internet.

I was never a fan of her Filipino looks, so sorry guys, no naked picks to help you decide if you want her to move in with you.
    Mtn Girl, if I ever meet you, I can share the full story, as it was told to me by my bawling like a baby friend, over lunch. It is a fucking shit show like I have never heard in my life and I will not be sharing the details here other than to say in CA, getting out of a lease is tough. Luckily he meets the test for one reasons. He will need to file a restraining order and it is on him to have the eviction paperwork done. He is working on it. Hopefully she is booted out by the sheriff by next Thursday, as she is a real piece of work IMO.
    I know this guy. There are not two sides to the story. That is all I will say. I am out.

MTN herp with the "support her" advice...Fuck that. Time to hit the bricks sweety. I'm sure she has parents.

call ICE.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I'm sure she has parents.
    Apparently, the family has told her to GTFO for being a lying, stealing victim player cunt, that sheds anyone who doesn't give her what she wants. Sock in mouth. I need to STFU or if ok, delete this thread, as it serves no one any good.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Apparently, the family has told her to GTFO for being a lying, stealing victim player cunt, that sheds anyone who doesn't give her what she wants. Sock in mouth. I need to STFU or if ok, delete this thread, as it serves no one any good.
    It's cool apparently she's super bitch if even her family doesnt want her.
    Sorry for your bro.

Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    call ICE.....
    I'm all for shitting everywhere, but a maul seems extreme.