Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    SFB - I’ve got mad respect for you as one of the true OG mags and for holding down the BCC stoke. But you’re wrong here.

CGs post wasn’t complaining about not passing Avy 3. It was about some other made up controversy that again, men who did the same thing got a pass on. The comments made to her that she shared are extremely inappropriate and also demonstrative of what CG and many other women go through everyday. Online or IRL. They were shared to show the no-win nature of the situation these women are in.

Remember years ago how she would get criticized as “just a ski model” cause she was the face on the Bird’s billboard? So then she becomes a ski mountaineer and ticks off some of the biggest projects on the Wasatch and now those same people are saying she can’t clip in, or ski with friends, or follow a pitch before she leads it. It all sounds bitter and hollow and meant to tear her down.

Nobody here is saying that she should have passed that class. There is no way for anyone to know. But what is clear is the instructor held her status as a sponsored woman athlete against her. That is what is so fucked up.

The victim blaming and “shut up and ski” rhetoric in this thread shows the same thing.

Everyone is entitled to have a bad day without an internet mob going after them. Male athletes don’t have to go through the level of scrutiny in the same way. That’s just the truth of the matter. Sure the harassment and trolls may “come with the territory” but does that mean CG isn’t allowed to call it out? Or try to make it better?
    I agree, wholeheartedly, and I also think that tfw and sfb seem to have other axes to grind and are looking past what CG's article was about.

Caroline Gleich Harrassment Story

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Caroline?

I think you are missing the point. CG is receiving my ADVICE. Same advice my two pro skier offspring of either sex would receive.
    Pick your battles.
    Don't be a target.
    Don't alienate men.
    Don't alienate the local professional community.
    Don't be remembered for always saying "Am, too".
    Let your actions speak for yourself, instead. Same as her instructors tried to say.
    Tried to watch her flick, but at three minutes or so, it became about harassment and she lost me.
    She lost a number of women I know there, too.

So, yeah, the advice I would be to Caroline is the same as I would give my own daughter; shut up and ski.
    Hey man, you want to be an internet misogynist douche face, you do you. But at least own it. Don’t pretend to be some hero.

Hey man, you want to be an internet misogynist douche face, you do you. But at least own it. Don’t pretend to be some hero.
    Caroline?

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    You've just completely shattered my every conception of right and wrong, good and bad, and life and death.
    Dannnngggg edgy comment

WTF are you on about?

^^^ I believe it was tongue in cheek

I think you are missing the point. CG is receiving my ADVICE. Same advice my two pro skier offspring of either sex would receive.
    Pick your battles.
    Don't be a target.
    Don't alienate men.
    Don't alienate the local professional community.
    Don't be remembered for always saying "Am, too".
    Let your actions speak for yourself, instead. Same as her instructors tried to say.
    Tried to watch her flick, but at three minutes or so, it became about harassment and she lost me.
    She lost a number of women I know there, too.

So, yeah, the advice I would be to Caroline is the same as I would give my own daughter; shut up and ski.
    I bet she thinks getting stalked is cool

She was harassed so she’s talking about it.. some of us can handle hearing her talk about it.

[QUOTE=Supermoon;5377093]Hey man, you want to be an internet misogynist douche face, you do you. But at least own it. Don’t pretend to be some hero.[/QUOT

Do you even know the meaning of the word misogynist? Both you and her toss it around pretty lightly and freely.
    Am I pretending to be some hero?
    I think not.

Do you even know the meaning of the word misogynist? Both you and her toss it around pretty lightly and freely.
    I think not.
    Maybe I don't know the meaning of the word misogynist. What does it have with "pretending to be some hero"?

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    ^^^ I believe it was tongue in cheek
    So more flippant bullshit in the face of a pro talking about the day to day? Something I hope we would all encourage, as fans.

Thanks for proving my point above- Am I missing something? Not trying to be an ass, I miss the point sometimes.

SJ, I’m not following what you’re on about. I think there was no disrespect intended. Some peeps are trying to bring some humor to this thread.

Appreciate it. I don’t always follow online sarcasm. Came across as flaming / trolling to me. I’ll take a lap!

And I’ll delete it if RT confirms
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 06-26-2018 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Some people organize against fascism, others against the perception of not being taken seriously as an Avalanche 3 student due to instagram commoditization.
    "Like clockwork, I blow it all
    And get some more
    Get you somebody that can do both"

I think not.
    Um, yeah, I know what it means. “Dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women.” Seems like that explains your attitude pretty well to me. I actually rarely call people out for stuff like that and give others the benefit of the doubt, but lots of people have shown their true colors in this thread.

The whole “I teach my kids real respect” shit is pretty played. Like telling that same old sexist tropes to young people makes it better.

Stay woke social justices warriors! The world needs you rallying against injustice! Percieved or otherwise
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Stay woke social justices warriors! The world needs you rallying against injustice! Percieved or otherwise
    Huh, for a counterpoint you could say 'stay bigoted, family values patriots! The current trend toward misogyny and racism will buoy you through your anger, misplaced or otherwise.'

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Thank you for your reasoned and thoughtful comment.

Name:  2499828-die_thread_die.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  12.0 KB
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    your perception on what that article was about
    and mine are radically different
    and ill cop to not gettin it i dont fanboi follow anyone nor give a fuck about being followed
    i dont buy anything based on athletic spansership
    i buy the shit my cheap ski bum ass gets the hookup on
    and if i didnt read it here or on the flyflingin equivalent of here
    i wouldnt even know what your fukcucking talking about
    and im pretty stoked the chick i choose to marry and who spansers me shares my perspective
    i hopes she moves away from objective based skiing and goes back and skis a bunch of good variations of the named objectives in the book and the ones that aint in it and gains a pleasure in just skiing
    and acquires the skills one would need to garner an avvy 3 certification
    so there wouldnt even need to be an article
    that "no one even got paid for"
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Huh, for a counterpoint you could say 'stay bigoted, family values patriots! The current trend toward misogyny and racism will buoy you through your anger, misplaced or otherwise.'
    Lol... we live in a post racial society. There is no Jim Crow, upward mobility is ubuquitous amongst all demographics provided they work to achieve their goals, black unemployment is at a historic low, so is female and latino unemployment, Gays can get married and now Pride parades are apparently a happening thing for progressive Cis-gendeed straight, urban millenislas to attend. How can a racist society allow Indians and Asians to constitute the highest earning demographic in America?? Racism/Inequality is a political football used by the left to keep African Americans and Latinos in their back pocket as a voting bloc.

The only people who are clamoring about inequality in this nation are those who are clueless, uninformed, or continue to pimp it for nefarious purposes and ulterior motives.

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    Lol... we live in a post racial society. There is no Jim Crow, upward mobility is ubuquitous amongst all demographics provided they work to achieve their goals, black unemployment is at a historic low, so is female and latino unemployment, Gays can get married and now Pride parades are apparently a happening thing for progressive Cis-gendeed straight, urban millenislas to attend. How can a racist society allow Indians and Asians to constitute the highest earning demographic in America?? Racism/Inequality is a political football used by the left to keep African Americans and Latinos in their back pocket as a voting bloc.

The only people who are clamoring about inequality in this nation are those who are clueless, uninformed, or continue to pimp it for nefarious purposes and ulterior motives.
    Heh. You're a white guy, right? Salt Lake City, right? Thanks for chiming in, very amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Heh. You're a white guy, right? Salt Lake City, right? Thanks for chiming in, very amusing.
    I'm actually part Hispanic but nice try profiling me. If I was a liberal or worked for POW I guess I'd call your comment a "Microaggression"?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im pretty curious as to the next time i run into ski atl
    if hes gonna tell me your really not
    the clueless deep south heady fuckstick of mornic kookala conspircy theory's that you payed a institute of higher learning to get
    that you portray on the webs
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    I'm actually part Hispanic but nice try profiling me. If I was a liberal or worked for POW I guess I'd call your comment a "Microaggression"?
    I see, so since you’re “part Hispanic” living in Utah you feel comfortable speaking for African Americans, gays, and full Latinos? And women? rotfl

Thank you for your reasoned and thoughtful comment.
    As the board drips with the casual sexism Caroline correctly objects too dismissing you as an internet sjw is about right.

Given she's trying to be a guide she should expect questions of her leadership experience and leadership skills. Men get them too from what I've heard, and there's more than one rock god or ripping skier that didn't make guide because they failed to capably lead clients. Leadership is separate from the skiing skills & the mountain skills and that advice seemed to me well intentioned and reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Given she's trying to be a guide she should expect questions of her leadership experience and leadership skills. Men get them too from what I've heard, and there's more than one rock god or ripping skier that didn't make guide because they failed to capably lead clients. Leadership is separate from the skiing skills & the mountain skills and that advice seemed to me well intentioned and reasonable.
    Except that wasn’t an AMGA test, it was avy 3. Different institutions.