Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Y'all shouldn't bother clicking on any link he posts. I'd bet that his post was intentionally douchey, just to get people to click through and see what he's talking about.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Seen plenty of harassing of women here over the years.
    I had to wonder if it wasn't one of our misguided mags still seeking an outlet for their mommy issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Y'all shouldn't bother clicking on any link he posts. I'd bet that his post was intentionally douchey, just to get people to click through and see what he's talking about.
    Yup, first time I ever looked. Two clicks was enough to discern the nothingburger that is his site.

Giving someone shit online is one thing, going out of your way, essentially stalking someone is a big red flag. Calling on their personal phone to keep harassing is WAY over the line and shows how fucked in the head this person is and who knows what they are capable of. Glad she is taking action.

ps, media dude, what an ass.

good point

this exactly ^^ don't even click because his reviews are just fucking terrible

I realize he may have got better but I refuse to look and y'all should give him a pass too
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    I've stopped skiing with some partners because of their need to constantly stop for selfies or group shots. It's annoying.
    Pictures or it didn't happen

This chick is rad, whatever dude is harassing her should go ski in to a life pole.

Good on Caroline for not taking that shit. Total bullshit.

Also, hey media310...
    NOBODY FUCKING LIKES YOU.
    PICK UP YOUR SHITTY BLOG AND MOVE TO RAQQA.
    k00k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    That's an interview? I have seen more in depth questions on kids cereal box riddles.

Going to the effort of finding someone's phone number and leaving personal voicemails is a far cry from social media posts. Did you miss the "investigative" part of your homespun career?

Wait, are you the fucking stalker?????
    Last sentence = lol

Throw the book at that stalker, that harassment needs to stop.

I went out to eat sometime ago on a friday night, a family sat at table nearby, father mother and 2 or 3 daughters, I pictured the family up in the mtns for a weekend from some suburban denver town (littleton?). Dad was so disengaged at the table it was frightening, said nothing to his family, you could see that he worked hard, some middle management tech job maybe, the whole time they sat at the table he was buried in his phone. His daughters and wife talked with themselves while he ordered shitty beer and whiskey on the rocks pounding both drinks at the same time. It was sad to watch.

We have created a society of men like himself, detached, unwilling to help themselves, they disengage from real life and obsess about a made up life where they can be the superhero they are not in real life. It's pretty easy, I'm sure his facebook page looked like a stellar weekend in the mountains and mentioned how much fun he was having. Yet he never put his phone down once, never fully engaged his family or his surroundings.

It's so easy to be everything you are not online. People act and say things online that they would never do in real life. So people become obsessed with some girl who loves what she does and then they shit all over her, because what she accomplishes is all their broken dreams that they cannot fathom doing from behind a computer screen, alone in their house they lash out until on becomes so obsessed that they push the limits.

Quote Originally Posted by media310 View Post
    yawn, no offense to Caroline but this sort of stuff aint new. Luckily for her she is not making a living in the ocean. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6681594.html

No mention of the Powder Magazine (10 Hottest Women in Freeskiing) article? Or when Grethcen showed up on ESPN magazine.

Golfers get harassed too

At the end of the day she is a cute young women that has a lot of eyes paying attention. You can blame the Instagram culture for this. And then checkout the interview we did with her to find out what sports she actually not good at, hint there aren't many.

Our society is getting way to soft.
    That dysfunction and assholes have been around forever is no justification for this kind of shit.

I can't disagree with the tone of this post more, let alone it's inconsistency or poorly wrought thought. It's one thing to slap around some seething suckwad such as yourself and an entirely different thing to attack someone who in no way is deserving of it. In this case, it's yet another overt and clumsy extension of misogyny.

Laissez-faire attitudes towards this kind of shit are the subtly most cancerous thing of all.

The internet allows a lot of unaccountability. I hope Caroline sends the guy to jail and gets the message out that being an asshole is not cool.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Dear Ms. Gleich,
    Would you like your online stalker to go away? Your sad story has touched my heart and I would love to help. We have contacts in many countries including yours who would be able to help with this situation. The DPRK is committed to ending online harassment such as you have experienced in the US and we do so without cumbersome and expensive legal involvement. As a society, the DPRK embraces the philosophy of juche, where man is the master of the domain. Please feel free to contact me at any time.

Best Wishes,
    Kim Jong-un
    Supreme Leader, DPRK

When I was about 12 I had a crush on the girl who lived around the block. I expressed my affection by hitting her with a rock when she rode her bike past my house.
    The stalker is actually in love with Caroline. He is 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Jong-un View Post
    Dear Ms. Gleich,
    Would you like your online stalker to go away? Your sad story has touched my heart and I would love to help. We have contacts in many countries including yours who would be able to help with this situation. The DPRK is committed to ending online harassment such as you have experienced in the US and we do so without cumbersome and expensive legal involvement. As a society, the DPRK embraces the philosophy of juche, where man is the master of the domain. Please feel free to contact me at any time.

Best Wishes,
    Kim Jong-un
    Supreme Leader, DPRK
    Much respect. Thank.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    When I was about 12 I had a crush on the girl who lived around the block. I expressed my affection by hitting her with a rock when she rode her bike past my house.
    My daughter had a boy do something similar. I explained to her that young men are insecure and they don't understand what they are feeling so they behave like idiots. I told her it's not right but it's unfortunately the reality sometimes. Stepmom told me that I shouldn't justify such behavior, I don't think I was doing that. Parenting is tough, co-parenting with 3 other people is tougherer.

Everything changes once you are a Dad with a daughter.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    That dysfunction and assholes have been around forever is no justification for this kind of shit.

I can't disagree with the tone of this post more, let alone it's inconsistency or poorly wrought thought. It's one thing to slap around some seething suckwad such as yourself and an entirely different thing to attack someone who in no way is deserving of it. In this case, it's yet another overt and clumsy extension of misogyny.

Laissez-faire attitudes towards this kind of shit are the subtly most cancerous thing of all.

The internet allows a lot of unaccountability. I hope Caroline sends the guy to jail and gets the message out that being an asshole is not cool.
    100% totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    My daughter had a boy do something similar.
    A song was written about this...

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I went out to eat sometime ago on a friday night, a family sat at table nearby, father mother and 2 or 3 daughters, I pictured the family up in the mtns for a weekend from some suburban denver town (littleton?). Dad was so disengaged at the table it was frightening, said nothing to his family, you could see that he worked hard, some middle management tech job maybe, the whole time they sat at the table he was buried in his phone. His daughters and wife talked with themselves while he ordered shitty beer and whiskey on the rocks pounding both drinks at the same time. It was sad to watch.

We have created a society of men like himself, detached, unwilling to help themselves, they disengage from real life and obsess about a made up life where they can be the superhero they are not in real life. It's pretty easy, I'm sure his facebook page looked like a stellar weekend in the mountains and mentioned how much fun he was having. Yet he never put his phone down once, never fully engaged his family or his surroundings.

It's so easy to be everything you are not online. People act and say things online that they would never do in real life. So people become obsessed with some girl who loves what she does and then they shit all over her, because what she accomplishes is all their broken dreams that they cannot fathom doing from behind a computer screen, alone in their house they lash out until on becomes so obsessed that they push the limits.
    Damn. And 100% yeah.

Also lol how this has turned into another shit-on-media310 thread

the burden of behavior by boys toward girls that would be inappropriate or criminal by men toward women cannot be transfered to little girls by telling them (or little boys) it is just what little boys do sometimes because that even that level of acceptance is wrong, insidious and often permanent. little boys need to be taught specifically why they need to respect women and little girls need to be taught to respect themselves and that others will respect them as well. little boys don't need to be shamed into anything and that doesn't work. but they also need to be taught to be 100% responsible for their behavior. i've been talking to my son about these things as early as possible because the public mass media presentation and treatment of women is, as always, atrocious.

Can almost smell the fresh sanctimony wafting out of this thread.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Caroline Gleich Harrassment Story

It's pretty easy, I'm sure his facebook page looked like a stellar weekend in the mountains and mentioned how much fun he was having. Yet he never put his phone down once, never fully engaged his family or his surroundings.

While I don't necessarily disagree , making all these assumptions about someone and broadcasting your opinion on the internet without so much as having a conversation with them isn't exactly healthy either...

So.... what are your aliases?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Who's that angry dude from Snowbird that calls everybody a cunt? He seems like a possible suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    the burden of behavior by boys toward girls that would be inappropriate or criminal by men toward women cannot be transfered to little girls by telling them (or little boys) it is just what little boys do sometimes because that even that level of acceptance is wrong, insidious and often permanent. little boys need to be taught specifically why they need to respect women and little girls need to be taught to respect themselves and that others will respect them as well. little boys don't need to be shamed into anything and that doesn't work. but they also need to be taught to be 100% responsible for their behavior. i've been talking to my son about these things as early as possible because the public mass media presentation and treatment of women is, as always, atrocious.
    In my case she told her parents, her parents told my parents, I had to apologize. A couple of years later I asked her out and she accepted. Alas, she moved to the 'burbs, along with just about everyone else in my neighborhood.