Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    No offense to either Gleich or Dyer, but I've met them both, politely complimented them on their skiing videos, etc and both had the personalities of a wooden block.

Every pro skier dude I've met and high fived has been stoked on life and friendly.
    Tool.
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    She's not into white boys.
    That's fine. I'll just fuck her sim in a few years
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Caroline Gleich Harrassment Story

... I imagine a world where nobody has to deal with this kind of online crap. But, then again here we are in the 12th page of a forum post dedicated to the topic
    Last edited by SUPERIOR; 10-09-2017 at 02:26 AM.

Met Caroline at Brighton and she gave me some tips on where to look for snow. Seemed nice/stoked/and like a solid skier. Maybe she could give Brody and Kalen some ski lessons while we're on the subject

I don't like tips on where to look for snow. Prefer self discovery and reading the land

Why hasn't Caroline or her proxy surfaced in this thread ?
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    I don't like tips on where to look for snow. Prefer self discovery and reading the land

Why hasn't Caroline or her proxy surfaced in this thread ?
    Ring her up

She's a good skier and all but a model?

Sorry not sorry

Now the ski industry on the cusp of some gamer gate scandal

Also who gives a shit if she skins vert? Mother fuckers wanna watch people uphill now?

This thread is so dumb

How was she harassed / sounds like she got trolled and bit hard / now her sob story is tgr firethread

Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post

How was she harassed / sounds like she got trolled and bit hard / now her sob story is tgr firethread

Im kinda leaning towards this mentality when it comes to cyberbullying. The difference with this situation is her official social media accounts are effectively her workplace and having a client come to my workplace to harass me would not be acceptable. It also REALLY crossed the line with the personal phone call.

the issue with cyber bullying is when its the same people you see everyday in real life are doing it, and it is just an extension of the real life bullying when you go home for the day. But then again, folks need to learn how to deal with bullies (fight, ignore, humor, find new friends to sympathize, become cooler, become a bully yourself... etc). Just another way that people are becoming more and more socially impotent and marshmallow soft.

on another note, how is Sierra Quitquit a sponsored athlete. I saw her ski a few years back. She is terrible?

Always wondered how Kristie Leskinin was a redbull athlete as well?

are you serious?

somebody left her a voicemail? big fucking deal

her social media is her workplace? this is absurd

this thread is out of hand with ninnies

i re-read the TGR article and was dumbfounded - so she is unhappy with the messages, i get it

this is the internet, the E-wild west
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    on another note, how is Sierra Quitquit a sponsored athlete. I saw her ski a few years back. She is terrible?
    What does how well someone skis have to do with whether they're sponsored? Sponsors care about exposure, not whether or not someone can carve a turn or hit a jump (unless that's how they're getting exposure).

If you want a clue why she's sponsored, take a look at her instagram. Compare the number of ski shots to the number in underwear or a bikini.

gosh i wonder who the market is

Quitiquit yoga

Quitiquit - lol at 1:52 in this:

Seems like she'd be fun to hang with though.

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    What does how well someone skis have to do with whether they're sponsored? Sponsors care about exposure, not whether or not someone can carve a turn or hit a jump (unless that's how they're getting exposure).
    True.

Quitiquit owns the model who skis image unapologetically and openly. There is zero pretense that it's anything other than what it is.

How many pages would this thread have if, say, Brody Leven had been the one to receive threatening voice mails? Would people discuss whether he, or for that matter Cody Townsend and John Collison, seemed like nice guys that one time they talked to them for 30 seconds? How about the ratio of ski shots to pictures of attractive people in expensive clothes and/or cars and boats on Jon Olsson's instagram?
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    I'm curious what the context was and what your expectations were when you met them? I've met plenty of people (ski industry, music industry, scientific community) that didn't meet my expectations at the time, but then I realized later that I had unrealistic expectations given the context.
    Hop, I 100% agree with the context issue.
    ... hate on me if you want, I'm just saying neither lady skier mentioned was friendly or stoked when very politely talked to. Definitely huge barriers in terms of being careful how they act / who they talk to.
    But you agreed with my suggestion that your expectations weren't met due to the context of your meeting (whatever it was)? Judging someone (male or female) based on your own flawed expectations not being met is pretty weak.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

GAMERGATE
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post
    How many pages would this thread have if, say, Brody Leven had been the one to receive threatening voice mails?
    Between 5 and 23 +/- 5

Quote Originally Posted by DIYSteve View Post
    Between 5 and 23 +/- 5
    Nah, it's not newsworthy because TGR editors would interpret the complaint as flirting...

Oh hi are we still laboring under the delusion that athletic sponsorships constitute some form of meritocracy rather than being a way for corporations to give something inexpensive (their products) for something very valuable ("authentic" advertising)?

Why yes, yes we are. If you're mad about someone being sponsored because they aren't good at the thing they are ostensibly sponsored to do, I would venture to say that you do not have a great understanding of how capitalism/advertising works...

I dunno Sierra (her brother seems cool though) but I don't fault her for how she got her job...

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    Oh hi are we still laboring under the delusion that athletic sponsorships constitute some form of meritocracy rather than being a way for corporations to give something inexpensive (their products) for something very valuable ("authentic" advertising)?
    no, no we're generating aspirational content for future asshat Joey's to reference before cyber bullying.

Quote Originally Posted by sickturd View Post
    no, no we're generating aspirational content for future asshat Joey's to reference before cyber bullying.
    well in THAT case...

As to who is judged as asking for or deserving of an e-slapdown, I have no Occams razor.
    Bullies always seek out the archtypically weak.
    As such, it's plain that women get judged differently as Klar points out.

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<