Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Caroline Gleich Harrassment Story

https://www.tetongravity.com/story/n...y-comment-form

I wonder if this is one of our resident trolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Shit talking on Social Media is fair game for internet trolls (being nasty/threatening is not real cool though), but you cross a pretty thick, pretty easy to see line when you start calling the person on their personal phone.

I'd seen that, and, while I get criticism towards some pro athletes... shit goes way, way too far. Oh, and at least own your shit too.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Some local butthurt loser who got passed on for a sponsorship by Saga or something no doubt. The stuff about Liz is a bit on the nose too eh?

What a dick.

who triggers an avy intentionally besides patrol? answer gumbies that don't belong in the mountains
    Obviously a climber as well.

This reminded me of that Summit County vs. LLC thread a few weeks ago. There was a poster that wanted to know why she was a pro, said she was a one turn wonder and was getting the attention because she was pretty. Then last week she announced that she completed her quest to conquer all of the lines in the Shooting Gallery. Something that that poster and most likely most of us will never do. I thought that was pretty cool.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I'd seen that, and, while I get criticism towards some pro athletes... shit goes way, way too far. Oh, and at least own your shit too.
    The instagram gnarcism culture is just too easy to poke a little light hearted fun at!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Good for her. Fuck the digital lynch mob and keyboard warriors.

what i didn't get was how the guy/girl suggested she sucked mad dicks to get ahead yet was also a trust fund baby.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    what i didn't get was how the guy/girl suggested she sucked mad dicks to get ahead yet was also a trust fund baby.
    Is that all it takes? Suck a few dicks and you can get a trust fund? I'm not gay or anything but that doesn't sound that bad.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

The thing that made me maddest about the whole thing was the way Liz's name was thrown around. It wasn't quite stated, but comes close to implying Liz didn't know what she was doing in the mountains and that's why she died.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

the whole thing is disgusting and I give Caroline mad respect for standing up for herself.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    This reminded me of that Summit County vs. LLC thread a few weeks ago. There was a poster that wanted to know why she was a pro, said she was a one turn wonder and was getting the attention because she was pretty. Then last week she announced that she completed her quest to conquer all of the lines in the Shooting Gallery. Something that that poster and most likely most of us will never do. I thought that was pretty cool.
    Yeah same thought passed through my mind here. She should out the dickhead. Grew up with a sister and she dealt with these assholes sometimes. I bet everybody who grows up with a sister has a story or two to tell because this happens to most pretty girls at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Yeah same thought passed through my mind here. She should out the dickhead. Grew up with a sister and she dealt with these assholes sometimes. I bet everybody who grows up with a sister has a story or two to tell because this happens to most pretty girls at some point.
    Pictures please.

boo hoo
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Over the line psycho on the troll's part

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Fuck the digital lynch mob and keyboard warriors.
    You do see the irony, right?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Pictures please.
    This is the best one I have of her from 1995. I might have snapped it but no way to be sure because it looks like post Mangy Moose. Lookers right in the black. Time flies. Seems like yesterday.

Name:  1662127_10152211782934265_1363934981_n.jpg
Views: 5816
Size:  64.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Is that all it takes? Suck a few dicks and you can get a trust fund? I'm not gay or anything but that doesn't sound that bad.
    no no. early on in the harassment she was accused of the dick sucking thing to get cover shots. later she was accused of having it all given to her on a silver spoon as part of a large trust fund. it has been my experience that girls with large trust funds rarely resort to sucking dicks to get ahead. YMMV

i suspect she may not be outing the person at this point as a requirement of the legal options she is pursuing.

Carl?
    Move upside and let the man go through...

I don't get the whole narcissistic instagram culture but that's no excuse for stalking and harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    I don't get the whole narcissistic instagram culture but that's no excuse for stalking and harassment.
    Me either but hey - live your life one image post at time - is the new paradigm of the special snowflake generation.
    Frankly, most of the things I like to do are fun because they involve motion and flow and don't go well with "hey, lets stop so we can set up a shot and pose for a rad selfie".

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Me either but hey - live your life one image post at time - is the new paradigm of the special snowflake generation.
    Frankly, most of the things I like to do are fun because they involve motion and flow and don't go well with "hey, lets stop so we can set up a shot and pose for a rad selfie".
    I've stopped skiing with some partners because of their need to constantly stop for selfies or group shots. It's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Carl?
    lol... nah.

I've stopped skiing with some partners because of their need to constantly stop for selfies or group shots. It's annoying.
    I only take pictures when I'm waiting for my touring partners to catch up with me, once I've gotten so far ahead of them due to the inherent inefficiencies in their stride caused by tech bindings, that I don't experience with my smooth frame binding stride.

i fucking hate taking pics while skiing
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000