Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 391
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,765

    Caroline Gleich Harrassment Story

    https://www.tetongravity.com/story/n...y-comment-form

    I wonder if this is one of our resident trolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    558
    Shit talking on Social Media is fair game for internet trolls (being nasty/threatening is not real cool though), but you cross a pretty thick, pretty easy to see line when you start calling the person on their personal phone.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Carbondale
    Posts
    9,845
    I'd seen that, and, while I get criticism towards some pro athletes... shit goes way, way too far. Oh, and at least own your shit too.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    3,140
    Some local butthurt loser who got passed on for a sponsorship by Saga or something no doubt. The stuff about Liz is a bit on the nose too eh?

    What a dick.

    who triggers an avy intentionally besides patrol? answer gumbies that don't belong in the mountains
    Obviously a climber as well.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    3,541
    This reminded me of that Summit County vs. LLC thread a few weeks ago. There was a poster that wanted to know why she was a pro, said she was a one turn wonder and was getting the attention because she was pretty. Then last week she announced that she completed her quest to conquer all of the lines in the Shooting Gallery. Something that that poster and most likely most of us will never do. I thought that was pretty cool.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    3,541
    Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I'd seen that, and, while I get criticism towards some pro athletes... shit goes way, way too far. Oh, and at least own your shit too.
    The instagram gnarcism culture is just too easy to poke a little light hearted fun at!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    gnArvada
    Posts
    3,031
    Good for her. Fuck the digital lynch mob and keyboard warriors.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    11,650
    what i didn't get was how the guy/girl suggested she sucked mad dicks to get ahead yet was also a trust fund baby.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    3,541
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    what i didn't get was how the guy/girl suggested she sucked mad dicks to get ahead yet was also a trust fund baby.
    Is that all it takes? Suck a few dicks and you can get a trust fund? I'm not gay or anything but that doesn't sound that bad.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Den/Baltimore
    Posts
    4,394
    The thing that made me maddest about the whole thing was the way Liz's name was thrown around. It wasn't quite stated, but comes close to implying Liz didn't know what she was doing in the mountains and that's why she died.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

    www.instagram.com/auvgeek/

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    be here now
    Posts
    4,826
    the whole thing is disgusting and I give Caroline mad respect for standing up for herself.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    5,301
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    This reminded me of that Summit County vs. LLC thread a few weeks ago. There was a poster that wanted to know why she was a pro, said she was a one turn wonder and was getting the attention because she was pretty. Then last week she announced that she completed her quest to conquer all of the lines in the Shooting Gallery. Something that that poster and most likely most of us will never do. I thought that was pretty cool.
    Yeah same thought passed through my mind here. She should out the dickhead. Grew up with a sister and she dealt with these assholes sometimes. I bet everybody who grows up with a sister has a story or two to tell because this happens to most pretty girls at some point.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Yeah same thought passed through my mind here. She should out the dickhead. Grew up with a sister and she dealt with these assholes sometimes. I bet everybody who grows up with a sister has a story or two to tell because this happens to most pretty girls at some point.
    Pictures please.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    37ft above the hood
    Posts
    16,150
    boo hoo
    Zone Controller

    "He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

    "DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    927
    Over the line psycho on the troll's part

    Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Fuck the digital lynch mob and keyboard warriors.
    You do see the irony, right?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    5,301
    Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Pictures please.
    This is the best one I have of her from 1995. I might have snapped it but no way to be sure because it looks like post Mangy Moose. Lookers right in the black. Time flies. Seems like yesterday.

    Name:  1662127_10152211782934265_1363934981_n.jpg
Views: 3061
Size:  64.0 KB

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    11,650
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Is that all it takes? Suck a few dicks and you can get a trust fund? I'm not gay or anything but that doesn't sound that bad.
    no no. early on in the harassment she was accused of the dick sucking thing to get cover shots. later she was accused of having it all given to her on a silver spoon as part of a large trust fund. it has been my experience that girls with large trust funds rarely resort to sucking dicks to get ahead. YMMV
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    11,650
    i suspect she may not be outing the person at this point as a requirement of the legal options she is pursuing.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Alpental
    Posts
    5,365
    Carl?
    Move upside and let the man go through...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    7,798
    I don't get the whole narcissistic instagram culture but that's no excuse for stalking and harassment.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Summit North
    Posts
    4,979
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    I don't get the whole narcissistic instagram culture but that's no excuse for stalking and harassment.
    Me either but hey - live your life one image post at time - is the new paradigm of the special snowflake generation.
    Frankly, most of the things I like to do are fun because they involve motion and flow and don't go well with "hey, lets stop so we can set up a shot and pose for a rad selfie".
    Alpental Indigenous

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    7,798
    Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Me either but hey - live your life one image post at time - is the new paradigm of the special snowflake generation.
    Frankly, most of the things I like to do are fun because they involve motion and flow and don't go well with "hey, lets stop so we can set up a shot and pose for a rad selfie".
    I've stopped skiing with some partners because of their need to constantly stop for selfies or group shots. It's annoying.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    9,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Carl?
    lol... nah.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    3,140
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    I've stopped skiing with some partners because of their need to constantly stop for selfies or group shots. It's annoying.
    I only take pictures when I'm waiting for my touring partners to catch up with me, once I've gotten so far ahead of them due to the inherent inefficiencies in their stride caused by tech bindings, that I don't experience with my smooth frame binding stride.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    37ft above the hood
    Posts
    16,150
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    I've stopped skiing with some partners because of their need to constantly stop for selfies or group shots. It's annoying.
    i fucking hate taking pics while skiing
    Zone Controller

    "He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

    "DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •