Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30
    You can rag on pro skiers all you want but some have raised awareness of climate change to never before seen levels. I've been told this is a great accomplishment for mankind.

The man has a very dull ace to grind, and such a finely-honed indignation that he takes endless delight in listening to as it echoes over the lofty mountains if the inner tubes. Pure as the driven snow, all his motives: can we elect him to some worthy position?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    What, if any, measurable changes have professional skiers made to fight global warming?
    Encouraged the convinced in their conviction and encouraged the unconvinced that it's all bullshit.

immna start posting creepy pics of some stranger in hope of getting this thread nuked.

Does this work? I don't hate CG, she hung with Liz Daley who is one of my favorite people I haven't met. We can pretend I snapped it without them knowing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_6632_zpsecbc8646-2.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	290107

yeah cool sure

meanwhile,

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post

meanwhile,
    hey our rivers are dirty and need love
    maybe see ya smjw brand ambassadors and fartsniffer following activists there
    ifin ya really care
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

pretty sure most of you boys can't keep up with this.

.emiliedrinkwater.

i'll be out.

where the fuck is klar btw?

to all the bad ass women, girls, mom's, daughters,

"fuck you, i won't do what you tell me."

Pretty sure Rage Against the Machine had bigger fish to fry with that one. Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Caroline Gleich Harrassment Story

Her climb of Everest was not for the environment but for women’s equality in summiting 8000m Peaks. Did it tip the scales? Is Everest now flooded with females?

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    What, if any, measurable changes have professional skiers made to fight global warming?

Somewhere there’s a 12 year-old who thinks working on solving global warming is a worthy goal because cool people like Jeremy Jones and Caroline Gleich are into it. Maybe that kid goes to engineering school and makes a major contribution to the real behind-the-scenes tech work.

Is that so hard to imagine?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Her climb of Everest was not for the environment but for women’s equality in summiting 8000m Peaks. Did it tip the scales? Is Everest now flooded with females?
    Maybe it’s part of a longer slower change we might better appreciate in the fullness of time. I think history is full of these moments where you might not have seen instant change, but decades later you talk to people who say “I saw that and it changed my point of view”
    Maybe some girls see this and think “yeah, I can be a mountaineer” and 10 years from now you’ll hear them talking about how Caroline showed them thry could do it.

This whole point of view that either the world instantaneously, demonstrably changed right now or the thing was hypocritical and worthless is a false dichotomy rooted in a short-sighted point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post

This whole point of view that either the world instantaneously, demonstrably changed right now or the thing was hypocritical and worthless is a false dichotomy rooted in a short-sighted point of view.
    +1

Most instagram posts form the young 20 year olds are TLDR material. It's kind of like they think that their lives are so darn important that they should write half a novel every other day. That's ok, they're young. I just keep swiping.

I've been managing the young 20 something year olds the last few months doing conservation/trail work and it's taken me a little bit to figure em out. Their really good kids, just a different generation and it's taken some adjustment for me. You definitely do see the affects of the helicopter parenting and participation awards tho!

Most of the expeditions to raise awareness or for this or that cause kind of stink like bullshit to me, it's just an excuse to do a self serving activity but make yourself look more "woke" or whatever. Maybe it makes their sponsors happy but it still is bullshit. If I were one of them and could score some free gear and trips I'd probably do the same though .
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Maybe some girls see this and think “yeah, I can be a mountaineer” and 10 years from now you’ll hear them talking about how Caroline showed them thry could do it.
    There is a lot of truth in this. Lots of women, POC, queer folk, etc talk about never seeing themselves included in the outdoors so it makes them hesitant to participate. More diversity is good, and that comes from more people feeling represented.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Maybe it makes their sponsors happy but it still is bullshit. If I were one of them and could score some free gear and trips I'd probably do the same though .
    Making sponsors happy so you can continue to do the things you want to do seems like a great business model to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    POC, queer folk, etc

POC queer folk?

Name:  83DE658A-72D4-487B-AE60-1328A8754C4A.jpeg
Views: 883
Size:  80.5 KB

Look I hate racers as much as the next guy but that’s just uncalled for!

Maybe some girls see this and think “yeah, I can be a mountaineer” and 10 years from now you’ll hear them talking about how Caroline showed them they could do it.
    Are you saying her target market isn't 40-something white, jaded misogynist skier men who are completely set in their thinking?

I also sense a strong whiff of BS coming from her posts, but you are right, she probably speaks to a whole younger group really well.

POC queer folk?

Name:  83DE658A-72D4-487B-AE60-1328A8754C4A.jpeg
Views: 883
Size:  80.5 KB

Look I hate racers as much as the next guy but that’s just uncalled for!
    Haha. Lol.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    There is a lot of truth in this. Lots of women, POC, queer folk, etc talk about never seeing themselves included in the outdoors so it makes them hesitant to participate. More diversity is good, and that comes from more people feeling represented.

Making sponsors happy so you can continue to do the things you want to do seems like a great business model to me.
    its a damn shame spansers and followers don't give avvy 3 certs
    instead of those sexist asshole instructors who expect you to show snow safety knowledge and skills worthy of that level
    and I didn't gits hitched to me spanser as a business model
    more of a passion thing
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

poc

piece of cake

that's what someone said to me.

Can you shorten this into a tl;dr appropriate for my tramp stamp?

If you ever find yourself in Denver or skiing Loveland, beers/tickets on me.