Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sickturd View Post
    [/THREAD]
    I haven’t really tracked this story but I’ve seen this issue of family money brought up in this thread a couple times as if it was a problem

Is this a real issue?
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    I haven’t really tracked this story but I’ve seen this issue of family money brought up in this thread a couple times as if it was a problem

Is this a real issue?
    How so?
    As far as I can gather she's been working as a model since she was 18 and has never stopped working. She's a Patagonia ambassador FFS, they actually do pay their athletes some coin.

If anybody has any proof of her so-called trust fund I'd like to see it.

i thought there were too many trustfunders here for that to feel anything but normal. i doubt her dad built a school in africa tho.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    As far as I can gather she's been working as a model since she was 18 and has never stopped working. She's a Patagonia ambassador FFS, they actually do pay their athletes some coin.

If anybody has any proof of her so-called trust fund I'd like to see it.
    How much does Patty pay their ambassadors?

Do people really lose all credibility and moral ground if they have a trust fund?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    How much does Patty pay their ambassadors?
    Average 70k per year. I remember reading Dean Potter was pulling down 50 or 60 when he climbed that oh-so-sacred rock in Utah and lost his gig with them.

https://www.paysa.com/salaries/patag...and-ambassador

How long does ambassadorship typically last for an athlete like her? A decade?

How long does ambassadorship typically last for an athlete like her? A decade?
    I would guess as long as she stays relevant. She's into the whole environment deal, going to DC to lobby, etc. That's Patagonias mission statement basically. She will have a good run I bet.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Caroline Gleich Harrassment Story

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I would guess as long as she stays relevant. She's into the whole environment deal, going to DC to lobby, etc. That's Patagonias mission statement basically. She will have a good run I bet.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Great for her.

She doesn’t seem to jet set as much as other mountain athletes but I find it annoying when many preach on and on about the environment and spend 300 days traveling all over the world, with huge carbon footprints.

Is this a real issue?
    How so?
    If you have rent, bills and the general day-to-day stresses of life (like health insurance) erased by magical monthly deposits into your bank account then you can concentrate on growing your social metrics and brand online rather than going to work. I have no proof of this but I liken a pro skier to be like a freshman in college: you don't really live in reality and everything you do goes towards some dream of yours. I'm not saying that having dreams are a bad thing but skiing—in any form— is a selfish pursuit, a vanity.

Let me point out why I think most of this CG criticism is sour grapes (or worse):
    If you have rent, bills and the general day-to-day stresses of life (like health insurance) erased by magical monthly deposits into your bank account then you can concentrate on growing your social metrics and brand online rather than going to work.
    Or you can concentrate your time and effort into promoting some cause for the good of all - like, oh say, environmentalism.

I have no proof of this but I liken a pro skier to be like a freshman in college: you don't really live in reality and everything you do goes towards some dream of yours.
    Seriously? As a guy earning my own way through college I pursued my dream. I'm pretty sure I was living in reality. Details available on request.

I'm not saying that having dreams are a bad thing but skiing—in any form— is a selfish pursuit, a vanity.
    CG actively promotes environmentalism. A vanity, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Let me point out why I think most of this CG criticism is sour grapes (or worse):

Or you can concentrate your time and effort into promoting some cause for the good of all - like, oh say, environmentalism.

Seriously? As a guy earning my own way through college I pursued my dream. I'm pretty sure I was living in reality. Details available on request.

CG actively promotes environmentalism. A vanity, I guess?
    Oh I forgot about the environmental activism. My bad. I'm gonna go hold up some signs and put some POW stickers on my rocketbox.
    I'll post some pics later.

Oh I forgot about the environmental activism. My bad. I'm gonna go hold up some signs and put some POW stickers on my rocketbox.
    I'll post some pics later.
    If you have that much free time, maybe you should work on getting over it.

Do people really lose all credibility and moral ground if they have a trust fund?
    Absolutely not. My point was that at times for some their perception of reality can be off putting to those of us that have been given nothing and have to work really hard for anything.

If that's offensive to anyone on here too bad, that's real. On another note my posts are generally less intense but this past week I did a lot of drinking and with the stresses I'm experiencing my drunken alter ego was hell bent on self destructive behavior, that post in part was fueled by that guy.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

If you have that much free time, maybe you should work on getting over it.
    No way! Scott Pruitt needs to go!

If
    “IF”

Is it actually true?

magical monthly deposits into your bank account
    Are you referring to sponsors or family money?

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Absolutely not. My point was that at times for some their perception of reality can be off putting to those of us that have been given nothing and have to work really hard for anything.
    So maybe we should be judging people on what they actually do, instead of what they have? And FWIW, I'm going to represent with the people that had to work really hard to get what I have.

“IF”

Is it actually true?

Are you referring to sponsors or family money?
    I have no proof, and I wasn't talking about CG specifically...it's just a corollary of my experience in the industry for the last 10 years.

and to the skipper, I too waited tables/bartended/pounded nails to put my ass through college and ski 70 days a year. I got my dream job too.

So if your parents paid for college, no amount of adult life thereafter gives you "made it on your own" cred? Asking for a friend.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    So if your parents paid for college, no amount of adult life thereafter gives you "made it on your own" cred? Asking for a friend.
    Usually I’d say not an issue, unless your friend went to law school.

j/k

Even if he paid for that?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Even if he paid for that?
    You’re reaching.

j/k...again.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    just how many of the chutes in the gallary of glory has your friend bagged?
    on his own
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Caroline Gleich Harrassment Story

What if McLean used guides when he did the project....gasp

What if McLean used guides when he did the project....gasp
    Like Alex Lowe? Or UT DOT? Or that guy that wrote those two Wasatch touring guides (can’t recall his name right now - blame The Botanist gin)?

Googled: David Hanscomb and Alexis Kelner:
    https://www.amazon.com/Wasatch-Tours.../dp/1884744036

Let us honor, and acknowledge and recognize, those who went before us.