Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Don’t think so. All the books about climbing Everest talk about the dangerous log jam clusterfucks (even Into Thin Air). Fast teams get slowed down by slower teams, and there’s often a language barrier.
    you’d think there would be special passing lanes for those oh-so-special climbers who are “raising awareness” - to help them fulfill their selfless world-enriching missions without being slowed down or endangered by the selfish schmucks doing it for mere personal glory and instagram likes. Especially if those hordes of glory-seekers have not purchased enough carbon offsets to enable them to state they’re ambassadors for Protect Our Winters without dying from the sheer hypocrisy of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Not on IG, how is Caroline doing?

Looks busy as fuck up there.

www.nytimes/deadly-everest-traffic-jam

Attachment 283526
    This photo is of the more used South Col route at the Hillary Step. Nepalese side.
    cg is with Alpenglow on the North or Tibetan side.
    Doesn't bottleneck the same...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Thanks TFW, I am aware of that.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Caroline Gleich Harrassment Story

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Not on IG, how is Caroline doing?

Looks busy as fuck up there.

www.nytimes/deadly-everest-traffic-jam

Attachment 283526
    I saw this. Looks like a line up for a powder day.

She made it according to alpenglow’s IG.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx09i3Zg...d=knobu6m18sx6

Rapid Ascent Team--RAT? Lol. That's awesome, I hope they make it down safely. I wonder if she tried to ski any of it.

I've never been to 8k meters, but it always bugged me why no one just set a rap line off a couple pickets or whatever and rapped off over the step to GTFO.

Ha! That is a proud accomplishment on that timeline, especially with a blown ACL. All you haters can eat a dick, Caroline's a badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapow View Post
    Ha! That is a proud accomplishment on that timeline, especially with a blown ACL. All you haters can eat a dick, Caroline's a badass.
    It certainly is pretty baller if you ask me, but haters gunna..... well you know.

Awesome that she made it!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I think I see her

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6475.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	208.6 KB 
ID:	283585

What a cluster. This hasn't been cool since Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay did it.

This looks more like an amusement park ride to me. It's like if "Discovering America" became the cool thing to do after Columbus or DeLeon or the Vikings (whatever the fuck you believe happened) did it. Every year, thousands of boats crossing the Atlantic to "discover" America, just because it's there, and they can say they did it. Why do humans have to kill everything?

or I feel like once Messner did it without oxygen, a new standard had been set and that anything less should be given similar coverage to a high school basketball game, not the media circus/motivational speaking tour shit that it is today. I remember hearing somewhere that more people have summited Everest than run a 4 minute mile.

Are all those climbers doing it to raise awareness in the inequality of female vs male climbers getting sponsored to live an outdoor lifestyle and scold everyone else for not being green?

Disturbing pic for sure. A friend of mine summited that same day, but his pic shows that traverse with only about 6 people on it. When he get back I'll have to ask him WTF is up with the lines though! Maybe he got there early enough.

Good for CG for summiting, and being smart/sponsored enough to try from the other side.

Everest went IKON? Didn't see that one coming.

A few exceptions aside, most of us are hating on the Everest shit-show, not her.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    You won the internet
    I'm impressed! Did she ski too?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Disturbing pic for sure. A friend of mine summited that same day, but his pic shows that traverse with only about 6 people on it. When he get back I'll have to ask him WTF is up with the lines though! Maybe he got there early enough.
    I seriously doubt there is ever a clear day w only 6 people. Probably just creatively framing the picture to leave out the rabble

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I seriously doubt there is ever a clear day w only 6 people. Probably just creatively framing the picture to leave out the rabble
    Not at all, it looked like they were simply at top before the masses came up, maybe they started earlier/were more fit. Hard to ask what the story was when he's not even at the base yet.

Maybe. Maybe not. Don't really care, but it's not hard to snap a pic that makes it look like no one else is around. Regardless, it's not like that hoard was more than a couple dozen yards away at most. If he claims otherwise, he's full of shit. But we already know that, because he is climbing Everest.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Maybe. Maybe not. Don't really care, but it's not hard to snap a pic that makes it look like no one else is around. Regardless, it's not like that hoard was more than a couple dozen yards away at most. If he claims otherwise, he's full of shit. But we already know that, because he is climbing Everest.
    You could see almost the whole fucking traverse dude. And he's a guide.

The down is the crux.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    That's from the Tibet side. Epic on the Nepal side.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    What a cluster. This hasn't been cool since Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay did it.
    Naw its still pretty cool to climb everest. And I can only imagine how difficult and challenging it must be.

by your logic, should we cease climbing mountains altogether except those that have yet to be summited by humans?

Congrats to Caroline and Rob! I wish them safe travels down and off the mountain, halfway home!