Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    I'm probably wrong on the celebrity thing, I just find CG a watered down version of an activist. Whining about boys telling rumors in the valley seems petty and below the profession, but maybe that's just my predatory male aggression standing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Precisely how does that change my critique of the content? She's obsessed with CG, which is odd considering she is CG.

Nothing dignified about whining on the interwebs about meanie rumors spoken by nameless nobodies. It's far-too-typical vacuous bullshit.
    You must not know many committed athletes, this is par for the course. Highly motivated and competitive and want to be know and recognized for their accomplishments. It's a common personality trait for people this committed.
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

I don't. In my professional experience, stewing over perceived injustices is a great way to lose focus, not accelerate ones career.

TODAY'S HOT-TAKE: Maybe it's the fact that I didn't read the whole article, but something seems to be eluding Ms. Gleich. Regardless of gender, people of relative success will always have a target on their back. In every society, every gender, on every continent. Managing the nonsensical jealousy and fear etc. is part of being an adult. The petty games she's continually faced with are part of being human, and interacting with an intherently competitive and sometimes evil species.
    Yes. Most of these wealthy 20 something year old jet setter kids seem to me like they could use a healthy dose of reality soup. Everybody is so sensitive these days it's like we are all walking on eggshells just to be human.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

I don't. In my professional experience, stewing over perceived injustices is a great way to lose focus, not accelerate ones career.
    It does seem to be getting her a lot of media attention. Pulling the victim card over and over again will probably only go so far though.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post

And no idea what this would have to do with Caroline Gleich
    And that right there is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    It does seem to be getting her a lot of media attention. Pulling the victim card over and over again will probably only go so far though.
    To her credit, I would have no fucking clue who she was if it wasn't for this whole debacle.

It's been an excellent career move. She should really be thanking the trolls.

(That's sarcasm, for those of you who think most of the people in here are hyper-masculine cyber rapists.)

I don’t know, it seems to work for a lot of athletes. MJ used to look for slights to help motivate him. And in that vein, CG posted something earlier today about a lack of female skier emojis.

Female skier emojis?

These don't look female or male.

Also, what constitutes a female skier emoji?

Pink clothes?

Big boobs?

Long hair?

Isn't that just as sexist and assuming?

Or maybe CG is pulling the victim card, sullying the movement for people who actually experience sexism and/or harassment #meetoo, and is absolutely full of shit in order to make up for a personality quirk?
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post

Female skier emojis?

These don't look female or male.

Also, what constitutes a female skier emoji?

Pink clothes?

Big boobs?

Long hair?

Isn't that just as sexist and assuming?

Or maybe CG is pulling the victim card, sullying the movement for people who actually experience sexism and/or harassment #meetoo, and is absolutely full of shit in order to make up for a personality quirk?
    Last edited by Meadow Skipper; 06-07-2018 at 12:08 PM.
    I swear on my glass eye,

While we're at it, can we please get a trans skier emoji?

Oh, also, we will need a skier emoji for each of the specific:

L
    G
    B
    Q
    A
    2S
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    And in that vein, CG posted something earlier today about a lack of female skier emojis.

When I was younger people would ask me how (insert name here) got ahead in the ski industry while they couldn’t. There are a lot of very good skiers. The people who know people, are beautiful, have a gimmick to stand out, etc., have an advantage. The same prick that was upset that xxxxx was getting ahead is now mad at her for the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    When I was younger people would ask me how (insert name here) got ahead in the ski industry while they couldn’t. There are a lot of very good skiers. The people who know people, are beautiful, have a gimmick to stand out, etc., have an advantage. The same prick that was upset that xxxxx was getting ahead is now mad at her for the same.
    Having a mohawk helps.

A trust fund, some natural talent or talent gained since there isn't anything else to be worried about and nothing better to do helps more than a hair style. This shit sure isn't for poor people or regular hard working ski bums. Does the latter still exist?

I'm really tired of hearing about these so called problems from rich kid instagram pros. You want problems? Try figuring out how to pay for the semester of school on your own while being a father and still trying to maintain being a skier, yeah cry me a fucking river. Jesus, these kids might be able to ski some shit but gawd they are pussies.

So her feelings were hurt by an insecure douche bag during a avi course? Wahhh. Shut up.

I was in support of her efforts before but now, nah. Go jetsetting and spare me the victim cries. I've got some real problems to deal with......
    Last edited by raisingarizona13; 06-08-2018 at 10:14 PM.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    A trust fund...
    [/THREAD]

Quote Originally Posted by sickturd View Post
    [/THREAD]
    I haven’t really tracked this story but I’ve seen this issue of family money brought up in this thread a couple times as if it was a problem

Is this a real issue?
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    I haven’t really tracked this story but I’ve seen this issue of family money brought up in this thread a couple times as if it was a problem

Is this a real issue?
    How so?
    As far as I can gather she's been working as a model since she was 18 and has never stopped working. She's a Patagonia ambassador FFS, they actually do pay their athletes some coin.

If anybody has any proof of her so-called trust fund I'd like to see it.

i thought there were too many trustfunders here for that to feel anything but normal. i doubt her dad built a school in africa tho.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    As far as I can gather she's been working as a model since she was 18 and has never stopped working. She's a Patagonia ambassador FFS, they actually do pay their athletes some coin.

If anybody has any proof of her so-called trust fund I'd like to see it.
    How much does Patty pay their ambassadors?

Do people really lose all credibility and moral ground if they have a trust fund?
    I swear on my glass eye,

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    How much does Patty pay their ambassadors?
    Average 70k per year. I remember reading Dean Potter was pulling down 50 or 60 when he climbed that oh-so-sacred rock in Utah and lost his gig with them.

https://www.paysa.com/salaries/patag...and-ambassador

How long does ambassadorship typically last for an athlete like her? A decade?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    How long does ambassadorship typically last for an athlete like her? A decade?
    I would guess as long as she stays relevant. She's into the whole environment deal, going to DC to lobby, etc. That's Patagonias mission statement basically. She will have a good run I bet.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

Caroline Gleich Harrassment Story

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I would guess as long as she stays relevant. She's into the whole environment deal, going to DC to lobby, etc. That's Patagonias mission statement basically. She will have a good run I bet.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Great for her.

She doesn’t seem to jet set as much as other mountain athletes but I find it annoying when many preach on and on about the environment and spend 300 days traveling all over the world, with huge carbon footprints.