Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    The down is the crux.
    This^, on the way down is when most die.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-48401491

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Not at all, it looked like they were simply at top before the masses came up, maybe they started earlier/were more fit. Hard to ask what the story was when he's not even at the base yet.
    Adrian and the Alpenglow crew know what they’re doing... I don’t doubt that at all.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Adrian and the Alpenglow crew know what they’re doing... I don’t doubt that at all.
    I don't know those people though, but you are not wrong.

CG is back down at ABC (6500m) according to her insta story. Not done but below the death zone.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I don't know those people though, but you are not wrong.
    They do guiding out of squaw, capable crew from my experience / what I’ve seen. Adrian is a pretty humble guy despite being Australian. ;-)
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    by your logic, should we cease climbing mountains altogether except those that have yet to be summited by humans?
    !
    No.
    Last descents all the rage now

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I've never been to 8k meters, but it always bugged me why no one just set a rap line off a couple pickets or whatever and rapped off over the step to GTFO.
    yea, another here who never has been there thinks you are right..

.. obviously they don't want to drop rocks n ice on lower climbers

..and there's the language barrier...can't have 2 on the same rope- though they could have a Sherpa yank the ropes when they are down (radio communicate)and keep the rope clear of more climbers, so its not a clusterfk of pancaked climbers

Its still d- able, I think>unless rappelling is not possible at that extreme height, safely? due to lack of O2
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Does this mean women are equal now?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Robojerry View Post
    Does this mean women are equal now?

Close. Maybe when Rob finishes the tri. Still got the English channel and bike across 'murica. Wonder if his trip rolls him through the Bible belt?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Caroline Gleich Harrassment Story

Don’t hate me cause I travel the world: https://www.instagram.com/p/B0jkIXMn...=16q9kftge28ml

Gets old constantly hearing athletes/environmentalists who get to travel the world defend their actions. They’re all environmentalists when it’s convenient.

^^ that’s the interpretation you get from that? Maybe take a deep breath and let it go

I’m not sure why CG chaps some people’s ass so much, but ... fuck, get over it.

Ok

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Gets old constantly hearing athletes/environmentalists who get to travel the world defend their actions. They’re all environmentalists when it’s convenient.
    I'm with you. You wanna be a climate activist, lead by example. Maybe don't take that money from goRVing.com because your message gets drown out when your actions don't match your words.
    Last edited by brutah; 07-31-2019 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    ^^ that’s the interpretation you get from that? Maybe take a deep breath and let it go
    More or less. It's just bandwagoning on an issue to promote her personal brand rather than actually address the issue, just like multitudes of other instagram personalities and athletes. How, exactly, does the picture associated with that message in any way promote ANYTHING related to climate change activism? Looks to me like an sponsored athlete representing her sponsors and is using the climate change issue to do so.

Wish I could let it go, but this shit really bugs me and it's definitely not just CG.

With NWFlow on this. Don't care much about Caroline Gleich, although if she is honest she got where she is because she is a pretty woman, but the athlete pro-environmentalist who travels the world is just a hypocrit. Save our Winters is the worse. So now it is not people causing climate change, but big corporations. Jeesh

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by total_immortal View Post
    Judging by your 10,000+ post count you seem to be crushing the internet too. For not liking CG, you and TFW seem to really like to post about her...
    yo jong thats like 2 posts a day here on icemans blog
    at this point i have more dog stoke posts than you have shit posts just like the pos blog in your sig
    so did anything git skied bn or otherwise on the descent?
    if not color me standing in line with wealthy aging dentist and doctors while locals sherpa make the doing of your thing possible unimpressed
    only thing ive ever been social media influenced by "influencers" is to not waste my life living it hypocritically for fart sniffin followers and free swag
    well that and im stoked i didnt order new keens and went abeo instead
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

In general, I don’t like being told what to do. That post starts out telling me what I should be doing or what I’m not doing. While also subliminally telling me to eat cliff bars, wear Keens and use Eddie Bauer gear. All while she jets around the world. Maybe take one less trip instead of telling me to call a freaking restaurant and suggest they use compostable containers. I couldn’t imagine ever doing that, unless maybe I was a compostable takeout container salesman.

Also, looks like she got a little frost nip on the nose.

Carry on with the love/hate

Around 4000 people have climbed that mountain for all sorts of causes and reasons. No matter who you are it means putting one foot higher than the last and keeping going. Getting up and back down alive and whole is an accomplishment.

That said, doing it to promote fighting Climate Change just seems silly.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Maybe take one less trip instead of telling me to call a freaking restaurant and suggest they use compostable containers. I couldn’t imagine ever doing that, unless maybe I was a compostable takeout container salesman.
    Holy fuck that's funny. Didn't really catch that the first time around. I mean what planet are you on to suggest doing something like that?!

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Around 4000 people have climbed that mountain for all sorts of causes and reasons. No matter who you are it means putting one foot higher than the last and keeping going. Getting up and back down alive and whole is an accomplishment.

That said, doing it to promote fighting Climate Change just seems silly.
    I look at it as she’s going to do the climbing anyway, why not use the attention it gets her to promote something that’s important to her?

If she didn’t climb or if she climbed but didn’t promote her cause, I don’t see where that would help her cause at all. She’s drawing people's attention to what she sees as a worthy cause, except for crusty farts looking for reasons to bitch on the internet. Some people seem to think that if you don’t kill yourself anonymously to keep from using the earth’s resources then you can’t call yourself an environmentalist.

LOL, that IG post reminds me of Sadam Hussein on South Park, waving his hand off to the side saying “hey, look over here guy!!”

Clueless drivel.

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Saw that Mike Douglas posted something similar. Looks like POWs new campaign.

I do agree that the only real change that will truly help is at a government and corporate level, but her message comes across as "don't point your finger at me, cause I'm not changing my lifestyle till governments do it for me" which isn't going to accomplish much

Mike Douglas post

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Yeah, and how many non-pro skiers to match the annual carbon footprint of the power plant?

I get what they're trying to do and also agree that it's a systemic problem requiring societal shifts, but for the love of god can't they just post a picture of using a re-usable bag or something and change the tone to "this is what I am doing and it's still not enough, let's think about addressing the issue systemically" instead of "it's the government's fault, I am not gonna change my carbon-intensive lifestyle."

If it's a POW campaign, they as a company (non-profit?) need to pull their heads out of their ass and realize that they aren't going to recruit many people to their cause (that aren't already "with" them) by showing pro athletes leading hedonistic lifestyles meanwhile telling people what to do. It comes across as fundamentally disingenuous and the people are going to pick up on that.