Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    I think it's a poorly conceived idea to go on the most extreme mission of your life at significantly less than 100%. Everest is no joke under any circumstances (some popular opinion to the contrary), and even a 10% reduction in her capabilities will almost surely sink her chances of success, not to mention just coming home alive.

I really hope she's not doing this just to appease sponsors. If I were a major sponsor, I'd pull my support and tell her to wait a year. Maybe such a delay is not possible, with the permit situation on Everest, etc., but it's a huge expenditure of time, money, and resources (POW anybody?) to go on an expedition like this with severely compromised chances of success. Sucks that this happened to her, but the mountain isn't going anywhere.

Regardless, I wish her luck and a safe return, and I'll be following along to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I think it's a poorly conceived idea to go on the most extreme mission of your life at significantly less than 100%. Everest is no joke under any circumstances (some popular opinion to the contrary), and even a 10% reduction in her capabilities will almost surely sink her chances of success, not to mention just coming home alive.

I really hope she's not doing this just to appease sponsors. If I were a major sponsor, I'd pull my support and tell her to wait a year. Maybe such a delay is not possible, with the permit situation on Everest, etc., but it's a huge expenditure of time, money, and resources (POW anybody?) to go on an expedition like this with severely compromised chances of success. Sucks that this happened to her, but the mountain isn't going anywhere.

Regardless, I wish her luck and a safe return, and I'll be following along to see what happens.
    I wasn't going to say anything but these are my exact thoughts. I am not hating on her, but to try and climb Everest, and put herself at risk, and others as well if she needs to have aid rendered is crazy.
    Stay home, get the surgery and hit it next year.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    I wasn't going to say anything but these are my exact thoughts. I am not hating on her, but to try and climb Everest, and put herself at risk, and others as well if she needs to have aid rendered is crazy.
    Stay home, get the surgery and hit it next year.
    while this is how I personally would approach it, I highly doubt a gimpy CG will be even close to the biggest liability on everest... an awful lot of pay-to-play “how do I put my crampons on” dentist types up there last I heard anyway

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    while this is how I personally would approach it, I highly doubt a gimpy CG will be even close to the biggest liability on everest... an awful lot of pay-to-play “how do I put my crampons on” dentist types up there last I heard anyway
    Exactly. She's getting after it all the time in the BC and I'm sure she's in great shape.

Caroline Gleich Harrassment Story

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Exactly. She's getting after it all the time in the BC and I'm sure she's in great shape.
    I have been absolutely smoked by her in skimo races and just casually on the skintrack out here (and I got 77 touring days this year so far, I get out there) and I got at least 6” height worth of stride on her lol. color me impressed.

^^^This. I think that a jong at 100% with summit fever is much more a liability than someone with a bad ACL. From my limited mountaineering experience good judgment, lack of summit fever and knowing your limits is far more important than being at a full 100%. I would imagine that for a fairly non technical climb (other than altitude) like Everest these points would hold even more true.

According to the most comprehensive study of ACL injuries about half of people with a ruptured ACL would do just fine NOT having the it repaired.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0722075224.htm

Unless you are aware of the specifics of CG's injury you should probably not voice an opinion as to her treatment.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    my better 1/2 who has been a liscenced pt for over 3 decades with professional letters behind her name and well on her way to being one of only 3 fellowship
    in ortopidiac manual physical therapy therapists in the state suggests

not using a single click bait urinal cake e-source as anything but that
    and jospt or other more professional studies are out there with better info
    and that isn't anywhere near the most comprehensive study as stated

and without knowing the fitness level of the sample group or how many just want to bike or hike or play with their kids vrs. ski at a high level or try and play soccer, basketball or other sports requiring sharp cutting,running and directional change the studies not as valid as you think and the devils in the details
    but im sure you stayed at a holiday inn at some point
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Read the whole study, they segregated out younger than 19, older than 35, all were active and they had to be able to return to prior level.

The discussion of this started with a UCLA Medical Center Sports Medicine MD that when talking about ACL injuries pointed out this specific study, it was not a urinal cake internet piece of crap.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I don't waste time reading science . com clickbait crap
    my wife read it and gave me her cliff notes feel free to come by @bbi and argue with someone who knows
    a slight bit more than you though
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I can not believe the audacity of this girl. She actually thinks she knows her body and abilities better than you random pathetic fucks posting on here.
    She needs to stop listening to herself, her doctors and her PT and start consulting you know it all keyboard warriors.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

That's my feeling, too. At a minimum she has a lot more experience judging when she should give it up than some others would.

I'm sure Caroline has been working with a LISCENCED pt. I bet she'll be good to go by the time her trip rolls around. A good LISCENCED pt can make all the difference.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

so does learning how to spell!

I have a friend who is looking to summit this year without a leg. Her Social Media hasn’t blown up with folks calling her a liability.

My dad's fake leg worked better than his real one. If the fake leg had a broken pivot, that would be more comparable. I don't know if her acl is an issue or not, but it certainly is questionable

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I have a friend who is looking to summit this year without a leg. Her Social Media hasn’t blown up with folks calling her a liability.
    What’s her name? I’m pretty sure we can get some of the people here to call her out.

There some video on CG’s IG feed of her working out on her blown knee. She looks pretty fit.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    At least he bolded ONLY the typos (wtf?)

"I'm sure Caroline has been working with a LISCENCED pt. I bet she'll be good to go by the time her trip rolls around. A good LISCENCED pt can make all the difference."

I grew up in southeast Idaho, trust me, this dumbass is not the norm. (but I also get it if you don't believe me, heh)

Erik Weihenmayer, the first blind man to climb the seven summits:

He also kayaked the Colorado River.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Erik Weihenmayer, the first blind man to climb the seven summits:

He also kayaked the Colorado River.
    So this guys went BLIND and then climbed EVEREST a MONTH AND A HALF LATER!?!

That's fucking amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by El Kanone View Post
    I can not believe the audacity of this girl. She actually thinks she knows her body and abilities better than you random pathetic fucks posting on here.
    She needs to stop listening to herself, her doctors and her PT and start consulting you know it all keyboard warriors.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Thank you. This whole thread is one giant harassment of her.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    Yeah, even though he comes across as a toothless meth-head MAGA-ite most of the time, he's actually riffing on SFB's stellar prior post. Stay with the program.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    So this guys went BLIND and then climbed EVEREST a MONTH AND A HALF LATER!?!

That's fucking amazing!
    Well, actually he was on a stair master. They just told him he climbed Everest

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Yeah, even though he comes across as a toothless meth-head MAGA-ite most of the time, he's actually riffing on SFB's stellar prior post. Stay with the program.
    And then I doubled down on stupid, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    sometimes i get lost in sfb's poetry!