Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    I'm sure Caroline has been working with a LISCENCED pt. I bet she'll be good to go by the time her trip rolls around. A good LISCENCED pt can make all the difference.
    I went to the same pt she goes to after my ACL surgery. He's a good guy who's had ACL reconstruction surgery himself. I have no doubt she's in shape for it. I had a completely torn ACL yet never felt unstable due to good muscle strength. I knew could still ski at a high level the day I went into surgery. But also knew that I had a higher chance of messing up my knee even worse. Everyone has to make their own decisions. Also on a project like 8000m climbing your team has to be in agreement. And if your knee gives out up high it might kill you. But that's a decision they all must make

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kanone View Post
    I can not believe the audacity of this girl. She actually thinks she knows her body and abilities better than you random pathetic fucks posting on here.
    She needs to stop listening to herself, her doctors and her PT and start consulting you know it all keyboard warriors.

im with you I wish her the best and hope she pulls it off
    and comes back and post a
    gluten free vegans gimped in the death zone skier babe riding a low emissions yak atop Everest namaste motherfuckers
    emojicons all over you haters zuckerbitch insta blog gram walls
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

May be mistaken, but I thought her intention was to ski it, not just hike it?
    Big difference if so...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Yeah if her intention is to ski from the summit then doing that without an ACL seems very risky for all involved.

Little movie about her fall, acl injury, and Everest climb. Sounds like she's getting ready to go soon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvuXOOLl...d=moxm31hss9vt

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Little movie about her fall, acl injury, and Everest climb. Sounds like she's getting ready to go soon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvuXOOLl...d=moxm31hss9vt
    Couple weeks. May is the season. I wish her luck. She struggled at elevation a bit on her last high altitude foray but pulled together to summit. I been seeing some of her rehab post on IG.

Her boyfriends deal is bigger Everest, English channel swim and one other massive sufferfest..good on em both.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Couple weeks. May is the season. I wish her luck. She struggled at elevation a bit on her last high altitude foray but pulled together to summit. I been seeing some of her rehab post on IG.

Her boyfriends deal is bigger Everest, English channel swim and one other massive sufferfest..good on em both.

Makes me wince watching the video of her falling and in the pop of a tendon realizing everything has changed. PTSD material. The swirl of emotions and plan of action. Who needs to be called etc.

Yawn, another privledged white male decides to do the "ultimate world triathlon" to bring awareness to gender equality. And he's not raising funds to donate to some cause, nope he's just raising money to raise awareness aka so he can pay for his trips.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    Yawn, another privledged white male decides to do the "ultimate world triathlon" to bring awareness to gender equality. And he's not raising funds to donate to some cause, nope he's just raising money to raise awareness aka so he can pay for his trips.
    What does “raising awareness “ even mean? And how does climbing a mountain, riding a bike, and swimming somewhere actually raise “awareness”. I’m willing to bet that the people who would pay attention to this are already “aware” of “gender equity”...

Reminds me of when I did team in training. Everybody talked about raising awareness for Leukemia and there were actually a few true believers and at least some of our raised funds actually went to cancer research but most were just looking to party, hook up, and meet future hubby/wife.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

man I’m already aware.

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    What does “raising awareness “ even mean? And how does climbing a mountain, riding a bike, and swimming somewhere actually raise “awareness”. I’m willing to bet that the people who would pay attention to this are already “aware” of “gender equity”...

Reminds me of when I did team in training. Everybody talked about raising awareness for Leukemia and there were actually a few true believers and at least some of our raised funds actually went to cancer research but most were just looking to party, hook up, and meet future hubby/wife.
    Exactly. Almost as good as advocating for the movement against climate change while signing a partnership endorsement with go RVing . com

Cash still rules

advocating for the movement against climate change while signing a partnership endorsement with go RVing . com
    lmao

I bet it's harder to get sponsor money when all you're raising awareness about is that fact that your completely arbitrary goal is super expensive and you need help supporting your habit.

Reminds me of grant writing when I was in grad school. No matter what your project was, you either tied it to cancer or drug detection or there was no money to be found anywhere.

fundraising for questionable issues aside Im sure there are more than a few that would swap positions with these 2 if given the chance. Even if the "mission" is less than ideal its still pretty badass stuff.

#hatersgonnahate

fundraising for questionable issues aside Im sure there are more than a few that would swap positions with these 2 if given the chance. Even if the "mission" is less than ideal its still pretty badass stuff.

#hatersgonnahate
    agree... it's badass stuff for sure and if pulled of, would be good for 15 minutes of fame and some gushing on Ellen. But to present it as "i'm doing this to raise awareness etc. etc." seems a bit in-authentic. but whatever, everybody has to make a living somehow.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    She just skied some groomers on IG. Totally the same as skiing off the summit of Everest!

#hatersgonnahate
    Hell yeah I would!
    Pointing out the hypocrisy of choosing an expedition to Everest and it staggering cost to raise awareness for a cause that could be much better served by injecting the same amount of cash in direct action isn't hating though. There are plenty of athletes who have found a way to do awesome stuff for a living and get sponsors to pay for it without wrapping themselves in the mantle of a cause, worthy or not.

Interesting. They are climbing Everest "via the Northeast ridge from Tibet so you can drive to Basecamp". Wtf? Drive to Basecamp? Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post

Reminds me of grant writing when I was in grad school. No matter what your project was, you either tied it to cancer or drug detection or there was no money to be found anywhere.
    Zomg
    Let’s train avy dogs to sniff drugs and then be therapy dogs for cancer pts.
    We’re gonna need to ski with ‘em a lot first though.
    You know, to gain their doggy trustz.
    U fund now plz!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ^^^^im in for $4.20 on #paws4thecause

#hatersgonnahate
    i dont waste much time askin peeps if they rather be sumthins or someone else or wondering bouts it or waste life on #twittygram time
    but almost all the mags and skibums i hang with are pretty much content in their skin
    and aside from a morbid curiousity of wondering what a 9lbsledgehammer vape or a roll your own drummer would do to ya in the death zone im good with not knowing or going
    but rest assured in my next life its not just gonna be the superbowl
    it will be yet another oppurtunity to let my followers know of my wokeness and support for the causes
    #skidogfartsniffsonbendedknee
    maybe their not just driving but ya know
    #gorving
    #luvmethebmccougarden
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Interesting. They are climbing Everest "via the Northeast ridge from Tibet so you can drive to Basecamp". Wtf? Drive to Basecamp? Weird.

That basecamp =/= the main basecamp. They are in different places.

makes him smarter than I i have to work to pay for my trips........if someone can swing things there way then so be it........
    Hope they both accomplish what they have set out to do.......Suffering to me is when i run out of weed or beer... LOL
    always forward but never straight

People here are gonna love to see her fail.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    ^^^^im in for $4.20 on #paws4thecause
    i dont waste much time askin peeps if they rather be sumthins or someone else or wondering bouts it or waste life on #twittygram time
    but almost all the mags and skibums i hang with are pretty much content in their skin
    and aside from a morbid curiousity of wondering what a 9lbsledgehammer vape or a roll your own drummer would do to ya in the death zone im good with not knowing or going
    but rest assured in my next life its not just gonna be the superbowl
    it will be yet another oppurtunity to let my followers know of my wokeness and support for the causes
    #skidogfartsniffsonbendedknee
    maybe their not just driving but ya know
    #gorving
    #luvmethebmccougarden
    you know, for a guy who claims not to care about social media or what people do on social media, you sure do post a lot about it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Standard for the NE Ridge. This a base camp on the north side, not the South Col one in the Khumbu.

https://alpenglowexpeditions.com/blo...verest-routes/