Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    I had all kinds of preconceived notions about Lynsey that were rendered totally irrelevant when she stayed at my house during the filming of "Pretty Faces". She was nice, fun, a respectful guest, and her dedication to her project was very apparent. More power to her!
    ?
    Did'cha fuck her?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    What's more impressive: Gleich skinning for multiple 3,000' vert runs every day in the Wasatch or Dyer dropping steep lines from a heli?
    Is the new standard how many total calories are burned?

Did'cha fuck her?
    in this thread, that post is AMAZINGLY tone deaf.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    I'm curious what the context was and what your expectations were when you met them? I've met plenty of people (ski industry, music industry, scientific community) that didn't meet my expectations at the time, but then I realized later that I had unrealistic expectations given the context.

I had all kinds of preconceived notions about Lynsey that were rendered totally irrelevant when she stayed at my house during the filming of "Pretty Faces". She was nice, fun, a respectful guest, and her dedication to her project was very apparent. More power to her!

If I had to judge you on your post above I'd probably conclude you were an asshole, but when we skied and worked together for a few days a while back I did not get that impression at all. "No offense... but you've got the personality of a wooden block?" How would you expect that to be received if not offense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yep we recently purchased 'Pretty Faces' for our 7 year old girls birthday. Great stoke from Lynsey. I guess I don't know any of these gals but one of the comments above complained that an athlete is always talking about her feelings. Typical mysogynist bullshit. Personally the girls and their skiing feel a little more accessible than a lot of the guys or to put it another way I can relate better so I find their skiing more interesting a lot of the time.

Anyway haters gonna hate.

Here is a link to that excellent flick.

http://unicornpicnic.com/

women be shopping!
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    you seem like the kinda guy who would take offense to a racist joke at a comedy set.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Yep we recently purchased 'Pretty Faces' for our 7 year old girls birthday. Great stoke from Lynsey. I guess I don't know any of these gals but one of the comments above complained that an athlete is always talking about her feelings. Typical mysogynist bullshit. Personally the girls and their skiing feel a little more accessible than a lot of the guys or to put it another way I can relate better so I find their skiing more interesting a lot of the time.

Anyway haters gonna hate.

Here is a link to that excellent flick.

http://unicornpicnic.com/
    The female element in sports like freeskiing is pretty cool imho, they often bring a more honest and real approach to it. Woman just don't have the same hang ups that most men do.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    women be shopping!
    Go make me a sandwich DD!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    The female element in sports like freeskiing often bring a more honest and real approach to it. Woman just don't have the same hang ups that most men do.
    What do you mean by this?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    you seem like the kinda guy who would take offense to a racist joke at a comedy set.
    I thought "SS" was responding to "superior" not "hop" that in turn "Danno" was responding to. My bad. Not sure what superior was expecting? I "follow" her on ig. She gets after it. Seems humble, good skier. Anyone that's that stoked climbing a mountain at 4am in pitch black is in their element. It's inspiring.If you don't like her, don't follow. Best follows are anonymous photographers. I don't get the selfie or multiple selfie thing

The female element in sports like freeskiing is pretty cool imho, they often bring a more honest and real approach to it. Woman just don't have the same hang ups that most men do.
    You're right that women don't have the same hang ups as men, they have a whole different set of hang ups than men have. Sometimes they're complementary and sometimes they're diametrically opposed.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    What do you mean by this?
    Machoism being the most obvious.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Machoism being the most obvious.
    Interesting. You mean men are more masochistic? This does not seem obvious to me at all. Agree women often have different kinds of hang ups than men (not always and not all women/men, of course).
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post
    Interesting. You mean men are more masochistic? This does not seem obvious to me at all. Agree women often have different kinds of hang ups than men (not always and not all women/men, of course).
    Macho as in ¿Quien es mas macho?

Haha! Yes, macho. Masochistic is a whole different thing entirely! I was definitely not getting at anything related to that.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post
    Nah, being more Macho. Out to prove who has the bigger balls... treating a day out skiing like a game of chicken and afraid to back down from a dangerous situation for fear of looking like a pussy. IMO, one-upsmanship is what leads to progression. Its based off competitiveness, and competition brings out the best and worst in people. Maybe that is why Womens freestyle progression is so far behind mens? Less fear of being outdone by a peer?

That said, i know plenty of ladies who are over the top competitive including my GF, and nothing pisses her off more than when I assume she is physically incapable of something (even when I am right haha). Its also good though, because I can goad her into situations where she normally wouldn't be.

It has it's function no doubt, but as I get older the less I care to be around that guy and the attitude that often (not always) comes with it. Young guys can be pretty egocentric where woman are much less so.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Oh, duh. read too quickly That makes much more sense!
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Did'cha fuck her?

Oh for fucks sake, you must know that every dude here has thought that at one time or another.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Macho as in ¿Quien es mas macho?
    This is what first came to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by tom tuttle from tacoma washington View Post
    Oh for fucks sake, you must know that every dude here has thought that at one time or another.
    rather fuck vonn, son
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

more class and respect here than you can shake a stick at.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    rather fuck vonn, son
    She's not into white boys.
    dirtbag, not a dentist