Dead Heads: Barton Hall Photo Book

Sort of spam, but a great cause and a great show, Barton Hall 5/8/77. And you'll save 25% off the cover price. Anyone interested in buying a copy of this photobook can do so here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...=project_share

I don't know the photographer, but was there and in the same class. It seems like an ambitious goal, but I'm hoping it comes to fruition. I was up front for much of the show, so I'm very psyched to relive these memories... if only I could remember them.

From the show:

Name:  Dead Barton Hall.png
Views: 263
Size:  248.2 KB

Last summer at Fenway, 39 years later:

Last edited by BigDaddy; 04-20-2017 at 06:51 AM.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Hey my alma mater! (although 30 years later...)

I saw Bob Dylan play at Barton Hall when I was a student.

If he was working for a local newspaper, doesn't the paper own the photos?

Maybe he wasn't pre-law.

^Get your lawyer ass off of my lawn! (I have no idea... but I doubt he'd get this far if that was the case?!)

Quote Originally Posted by Groomer Gambler View Post
    Hey my alma mater! (although 30 years later...)

I saw Bob Dylan play at Barton Hall when I was a student.
    Nice... there's a few others here, tho like you said, not many as ancient as me.

Lots of great acts played Barton Hall, including the Dali Lama, lol. Took a campus tour the other year and none of the guides knew any of this stuff. Ten years after the Dead, I got to photograph Stevie Ray Vaughn at Bailey Hall in 1986...

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    ^Get your lawyer ass off of my lawn! (I have no idea... but I doubt he'd get this far if that was the case?!)

Nice... there's a few others here, tho like you said, not many as ancient as me.

Lots of great acts played Barton Hall, including the Dali Lama, lol. Took a campus tour the other year and none of the guides knew any of this stuff. Ten years after the Dead, I got to photograph Stevie Ray Vaughn at Bailey Hall in 1986...
    The North American seat of HHDL is in Fall Creek

That's cool! Fond memories of Barton Hall. When Flaming Lips came, students and faculty got multiple campus emails to make sure all doors stayed locked overnight so hippies couldn't crash on campus lol

I don't know the photographer, but was there and in the same class. It seems like an ambitious goal, but I'm hoping it comes to fruition. I was up front for much of the show, so I'm very psyched to relive these memories... if only I could remember them.
    First thought: FKNA can I touch you!
    Second thought: Damn, you're old.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    First thought: FKNA can I touch you!
    Second thought: Damn, you're old.
    Haha, don't get too carried away... we're not talking Woodstock... or the Beatles. That would be cool. And old(er).

Saw Midnight Oil and Black Crows at Barton Hall.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Sort of spam, but a great cause and a great show, Barton Hall 5/8/77. And you'll save 25% off the cover price. Anyone interested in buying a copy of this photobook can do so here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...=project_share

So, did you 'take a step back'? Or were you 'all bug-eyed'?

He was a frat-boy, drunk off his ass
    He never felt it.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I was very happy when Bobby took control of the crowd. 1st Dead show, so I was pretty bug eyed the whole time... even when not being crushed (or maybe it was the opiated-thai-stick, lol).

It was not your typical Big Red crowd, lots of beautiful women and lots of dancing. Also amazed at the number of recording devices there, but thank god for that. Was an eye opening and very magical night, lots of good vibes and was snowing when we walked/floated home. Was an amazing and great way to cap off freshman year, but nothing came close after that... except maybe PPL outdoors at IC.

Was Coulter there too? ...with her bible in hand. That women is confusing as fuck to me

She was not in college at that point... but she saw them there in 1980. Unfortunately, as you know, it didn't do her much good.

barton hall, acid, ithaca, sweet, fond teenage memories, but I can't remember too many
    my parents the only republicans in that town used to take me to talks all the time there, janet reno was a good one after waco texas, tom brokaw, oliver stone on and on
    surrounded by lots of intellectuals, sagan and my neighbor would go off the deep end, lots of high up there intellectuals I could go on and on
    never liked hippie music or the dead though, fucking surrounded by hippies and dykes growing up, being raised by republicans though we did eat alot of tofu

It was not your typical Big Red crowd, lots of beautiful women
    that goes without saying...

^Compared to the late 70's, it was probably much improved when you were there. The administration actually made a concerted effort to enhance and upgrade their reputation. In the 90's, if you were female, had blonde hair and blue eyes (and had been in a library at least once), you got in.

Photobook is almost $5k already. Psyched to see this happen.

^Still with my girlfriend of 6years from senior yr at Cornell!

^Nice... so what's the date?

Kickstarter is almost halfway there. It's a slow steady climb, but should make it. $700/day for 20 more days will do it.

Some fun facts about Larry, the photographer: http://www.dead.net/features/all-fam...larry-reichman

^Haha we'll see!

Good article from Cornell: http://news.cornell.edu/stories/2017...l-dead-concert

Great news... book has been funded and will get published.

You can all breath now.