Using Stans on leaky waders???

I have some Cloudveil waders that are nearing the end of their life.

The neoprene stocking feet have a several areas that weep. What does the quorum say about drenching the leaky areas with a good dose of Stan's tire sealant?

I get back to you.

AQS is what you use on waders and dry suits, I would fill the waders up partialy with water ( on dry suits I blow them up with a shop vac) mark with a sharpie where the water is leaking, dry the waders, glop a little aqua seal on the holes cover with saran wrap and roll the patched area flat with a beer bottle, dry overnite

it might work better to turn the waders inside out for the repair
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Um, leaking gore tex is one thing, leaking neoprene / neoprene seams is something totally different. I highly doubt Stan's would work for either.

I do happen to have a pair of new (maybe worn once) Cloudveil 8x Medium Long's that I might be talked into parting with.

Thanks, just an idle thought while bumbling around the house and switching gear with/for the seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    AQS is what you use on waders and dry suits, I would fill the waders up partialy with water ( on dry suits I blow them up with a shop vac) mark with a sharpie where the water is leaking, dry the waders, glop a little aqua seal on the holes cover with saran wrap and roll the patched area flat with a beer bottle, dry overnite

it might work better to turn the waders inside out for the repair
    What XXX-er said...
    Works great, I use it on everything from ski gear to wet suits and rubber rafts - holds up well too.

https://www.amazon.com/Essentials-Aq...=aquaseal+glue

I've read that neoprene repairs can be improved by using a piece of panty hose nylon as backing for the AQS. Never tried it. IMHO, it's better to replace wading boots before they start chafing your booties.

that would probably work^^ , if you put a piece of saran wrap over your repair and roll it flat with a bottle the reapir will have a nice flat finish instead of looking like a big dripping lump of snot

Back in the day I was doing a repair so I needed something/anything and I found a used dryer anti static sheet in the garbage ... worked great so I been using them ever since

BTW it will last longer if you store your AQS in the freezer in a sealed jar so you food doesn't taste like tolulene, I keep a tube on the go cuz AQS is good for gluing on loose velcro, crests and patches, holes in gortex, hemming pants, holes in puffy jackets, fixing shoes ... use your imagination

I take it out of the frig and thaw the tube in a cup of boiling water

I just thawed out a tube I openned last year and put a neck seal in a dry suit

hey i'm doing a little work for a company that sells/repairs dry suits and I just discovered another way to fix dry suits that they use on delaminated seam tape by just brushing on Plasti-dip

the company owner sez it works great and stays stuck
    Last edited by XXX-er; 07-12-2017 at 03:07 PM.