Splitboard or surf this weekend?

Its that magical time of the year when I get confused. ( Well, Im always confused but this time of year is the worst)
    The East side is FAT with snow, and it looks like a potential corn harvest on tap. haven't gotten any of the big lines this year and I been seeing LOTs of good TR's.

But, I haven't been in the water much lately because of a week long trip to the Rubies, spring winds and lack of any good ground swells.
    We got a Friday forecast of a building Southwest swell of 4-7 feet and Im thinking it may get a bit bigger Saturday. With a southwest swell I could take the boat out and surf at Dolphin tanks which is a boat access only spot and that can help with the crowds.

Possible to surf Friday morning and split Saturday and Sunday . Ill have to wait to see what Saturdays forecast for surf looks like

Just wondering what other maggots would choose

Im guessing those that live in the mountains will say go surf and those that live near the ocean will say go split

What ya think?

I can't believe you're even asking this question given the season we've had.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

We will get south swells all summer. We have a record snowpack right now. We could enter another 5 year drought starting next winter. Seems pretty easy to choose :-)

Agree with the above. After 2012-2015, my attitude is get it while it's good because it may not be good again for a long while. (I still regret biking more and skiing less during the spring of 2011.)