Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Dawn dish soap and a nail brush worked well on a few years worth of grime on my cuffs. Patience is the key.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I will use a powdered detergent to was and hit the stains with some spray n wash rub the face fabric against itself which usually works pretty well

but from my experiance working on drysuits i think Micol has a good point to be careful with the dryer heat which can delam tape & gortex so i try to limit the dryer action which means just enough to get the piece dry, yeah the tape and membrane is suposed to stay stuck BUT I don't wana push it

I had a dry suit yesterday where large portions (areas the size of yer hand) of the membrane has delamed from the face fabric (not gortex) and this thing had never been washed or dryed, when I aired it up to pressure test i didnt find any holes but the air leaked down really quick , its cheap fabric which is NOT gortex and just plain fucking worn out/failing, so we sold it and we told the buyer there is a reason he is getting it really cheap.

The owner found some boxes in the shop with a doz well used suits we are gona sell off pretty cheap, I told him ya sell em in Alberta cuz i don't wana see that shit coming back here for service
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    "Red Green" ambiance
    If the women don't find you handsome...
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    If the women don't find you handsome...
    They oughta find you handy.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    My GorTex pants have 6 years of use on them and I duct tape the holes from pole punctures just to add a little "Red Green" ambiance...
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...h-Aqua-seal-eh

just in case you want a permanenet fix but then you gotta get all that ductape glue off the gortex, I use tolulene

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...h-Aqua-seal-eh

just in case you want a permanenet fix but then you gotta get all that ductape glue off the gortex, I use tolulene

Repaired/patched after year four but now into season 12, I just let nature take it's course. Haven't noticed many negatives; for warm days, get better chimney effect ventilation from the perforations in bottoms on the one leg and full on a/c from the leg with the cut off bottom.

Name:  P1110395.JPG
Views: 314
Size:  115.1 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

Possibly repairs have slid too far at this point so you could just make those into cutoffs

Possibly repairs have slid too far at this point so you could just make those into cutoffs
    On the 'cutoff' note: the torn and shredded internal gaitor on these pants inspired cutting out the internal gaitors on a new to me pair of 6 year old bibbed gore tex ski pants I use for colder day ski tours and heliskiing. On the old pants, started using external ski straps to seal the cuff area for bootpacks and snowpit work. For the 'new' pants, inserted drawstrings with grommets at the cuff bottoms and works way mo betta while in the wide open setting for touring and cinched shut for bootpacking and snowpit work. Leave em wide open for all day long ski touring, hill days and heliskiing; snow doesn't ever seem to creep up... contrary to previous assumption. Haven't looked at recent tech in ski pant design, might be standard at this point, no clue.
    Master of mediocrity.

well according to larry

well according to larry
    Didn't u cover that tune on mainstage at midsummer 2011, X'er? Or was that boarderdave?
    Master of mediocrity.

no I'm the audience, my teenaged neighbor who always has her pants the correct length showed me that vid

Anyone still using 303?

I have some in my boat locker.

I’ve previously used Nik wax spray or god forbid scotch guard.

And interesting that soap doesn’t seem to matter as much. I think down filled wants powder detergent. But shells seem to handle anything?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Anyone still using 303?

And interesting that soap doesn’t seem to matter as much. I think down filled wants powder detergent. But shells seem to handle anything?
    You just don’t want the liquid soap to glob on the shell, concentrated soap isn’t good for the water resistance. That’s why powder is preferred because it evenly distributes. Extra rinse cycle too.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Anyone still using 303?

I use litterally gallons of 303 on latex drysuit seals every year cuz its the # 1 way to stop your dry suit seals from fucking oop, but I am the guy telling people to use the stuff. My dirtbag paddler buds would rather buy a case of beer than a bottle of 303, but the industry guys are just as useless so nobody 303's, we send out how-to take care of your gear e-mails but they don't do it so when suit fucks up they send it in and we make money off of them which is not the worst thing in the world so I'm not sure whom ever used 303 very much

Some guys like the wet spot, you can't really fake it with a dry suit, its either watertight or it isnt, replacing seals is expensive and a hassle

we don't use 303 on the gortex, its not really exposed that much to UV, if you got boat canvass or whatever that can fade or rot I would try using 303 on it, just spray liberaly and wipe