Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    The last time my auto mehanic worked on our CRV he was 6 hours into a 2 hour job (ABS, not his fault, it was the salt) when I pulled the plug and we shared the cost. That was about 6 months ago. Driving my older TJ, I stopped by today to bring him a loaf of apple/raisin bread from the bakery.

Greg: What's the problem? (He always greets me that way)

Me: I was at the bakery and this stuff is Gooood. Remember last summer when I had a shimmy in the front when I turned hard lefts and I said I'd make an appointment to bring it is soon?

Greg: Yep

Me: Well the shimmy went away a week later and never came back. Remember last month when my heater controls wouldn't work and I said I'd bring it in the following week?

Greg: Yup

Me: Well they started working fine a week later. Greg, now I don't know how you're doing it, but you need to find a way to charge for these services. BTW, as long as I'm here, my left front blinker only works intermittently and I was hoping you could fix it like you fixed the shimmy and the heater.

Last month, I walked into the local gun shop and said to the owner behind the counter that since all my neighbors voted for Trump and as I am a liberal, would he please recommend a firearm that would be best to kill a human at a distance of 15 feet with little or no training. But that was last month, not today.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

^That reads like Prairie Home Companion (or Mayberry RFD) meets Breaking Bad, but I like it.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Some jackass in London decided to change 50 people's job descriptions without telling them or training them to take on their new responsibilities.
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Old Larry's back!
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I wonder if Larry works for BNP. Larry if you do, shoot me a PM, I know a kid starting there (not my kid). Smart kid but everybody needs help if they can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I wonder if Larry works for BNP. Larry if you do, shoot me a PM, I know a kid starting there (not my kid). Smart kid but everybody needs help if they can get it.
    Hey ice- not a bnp garçon. My suits aren't tight enough, ha ha. Tell that kid to take advantage of any and all help offered. What's he doing there?

Last week. Was in a Board of Zoning Appeals Hearing.

Issue was whether the building inspector had observed various structure being erected in a campground that were allegedly in violation of county zoning ordinances. County zoning ordinances are in a book with about 60 pages in it. Building inspector is a contractor that failed, and went to work for the county.

Me: So you were hired by the county in 2011?
    Building inspector: No, 2010
    Me: You issued a notice of violation in 2015?
    BI: Yes
    You were in the campground multiple times each year from 2010 to 2015?
    BI: Yes
    Me: But you didn't say anything to anyone about the structures being in violation of the zoning ordinances?
    BI: No, I am familiar with the building codes, I didn't know much about the zoning ordinances. I had to read them, and this particular section is in the back of the book.
    Me: So it took you five years to read to the book?

Hilarity ensued.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by OldLarry View Post
    Hey ice- not a bnp garçon. My suits aren't tight enough, ha ha. Tell that kid to take advantage of any and all help offered. What's he doing there?
    It's my son's girlfriend, some trading shit, my eyes glazed over. She'll do fine, she's unusually attractive and super smart and determined. Speaks French like a native speaker so that can't hurt at that place.

It's my son's girlfriend, some trading shit, my eyes glazed over. She'll do fine, she's unusually attractive and super smart and determined. Speaks French like a native speaker so that can't hurt at that place.
    If she wants a good career she may want to get out of trading and banking then. Unless she can get the neanderthals to make some sexually offensive comments, then I hear the settlements are pretty lucrative.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

There is so much I cannot be typing on the internet these days.

But what I will say, is that since I got a job bartending at my favorite bar life has been a blast. My best friend swung by this evening around midnight and helped us close down the bar. I walked him home and got to hold him like a lover while he puked all over me in the middle of the street. I'm in the middle of working 60 hours in three days, and everything is still so much fun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0057.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	894.0 KB 
ID:	283480 can’t say this was a great moment- dude lying in 42nd st deliberately trying to get hit #thanksdeblasio

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

God we've missed ya OL.

Larry, did you think to tell that guy he'd have better luck getting run over if he laid down across traffic instead of parallel to it?

I might have.

edit: lay, lie, laid, fuck i should know this
    Last edited by iceman; 05-23-2019 at 09:03 PM.

Larry, did you think to tell that guy he'd have better luck getting run over if he laid down across traffic instead of parallel to it?

I might have.

edit: lay, lie, laid, fuck i should know this
    but if you slit your wrists you want to do it the long way

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    but if you slit your wrists you want to do it the long way
    Maybe that’s where he got mixed up?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Nice OL is still kick in!

My best story from today is I filled out my retirement papers and put them in the mail. FKNA!
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Last month, I walked into the local gun shop and said to the owner behind the counter that since all my neighbors voted for Trump and as I am a liberal, would he please recommend a firearm that would be best to kill a human at a distance of 15 feet with little or no training. But that was last month, not today.
    This never happened. Lol.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I get a call and letter from our condo property manager because I have been parking in the guest spots when its pouring rain or bringing in groceries as my condo faces the street but is gated and I have the longest walk around from designated parking spot to my front door.

this bothers no one as we seldom get visitors for the 16 condos in my building but it apparently pisses off one lady in the complex who has nothing better to do and they cant tow it, so they send me letters and notices on my windshield.

so, I complied and now park on the street about 5 feet from the visitor spots which I have no doubt still pisses that lady. still debating on pouring sugar around her plants so roaches are attracted just for her being a nuisance.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    My best story from today is I filled out my retirement papers and put them in the mail. FKNA!

It wasn't a story from today but.... Yesterday at work I got a phone call from Mike in Port Coquitlam. He said he was talking to a guy in the parking lot after a ride, the guy loaded his dog in the truck and drove away, leaving his $10K CAD Orbea Wild M20 leaning against a tree. The bike had our sticker on it so he looked us up to try to find the owner. I did some digging in our system and found the owner, called the number and talked to his wife. I hooked Mike up with the owner and the bike was returned. I really hope Mike got a bottle of expensive something for being an honest guy.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Jezuz. I have heard stories of driving away from a front wheel, and , I totally understand, considering my edible habit, but, an entire bike?

Dude had to be on his third post ride beer.

Shit, I did it. Fortunately not an expensive bike. Same damn thing, instead of putting the bike in the bed of the truck like usual I stopped to chat with a guy I knew who happened to be there and leaned the bike against a tree. Drove off, left it there. Never saw it again. No beers involved.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Shit, I did it. Fortunately not an expensive bike. Same damn thing, instead of putting the bike in the bed of the truck like usual I stopped to chat with a guy I knew who happened to be there and leaned the bike against a tree. Drove off, left it there. Never saw it again. No beers involved.
    You should have been talking to Mike.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

That sounds like something I would do. Couple years ago I left my bike leaning against the wall outside my garage after riding over to the local pub for beers. Opened the garage, had to move something to get the bike in it's place. Got distracted by something else and forgot the bike outside. It was gone the next morning. Fortunately it was just a beater I rescued from a neighbor's trash bin and fixed up. Maybe he recognized it and took it back lol.

Ha. I didn't even know what I'd done until two days later when I drove down to where I liked to ride and went to the back of the truck to get my bike out. I was very confused for a couple of minutes there.