Ski Crampon Sizing

Looking at ski crampon options for a 118mm width ski. Is a 130mm crampon too large, or should I stick with a 120mm crampon?

Apologies if crampon sizing is discussed at length in a different thread. If so I did not see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

Tech talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I would say get the smallest crampon that fits the ski, but the difference between 120mm and 130mm is 5mm on each side of the ski, which is largely negligible even with the additional mm each side from the 118mm ski. What kind of binding/crampon combo are you working with?

If it's a Dynafit crampon then they're a few mm bigger than the stated size. I've got Whitedot Ragnaroks which are 118mm and the Dynafit 120mm crampon is spot on.

You'll be fine with the 120mm size.

I was told ski crampons are sposed to fit close as possible without hitting so Ideally the ski wall will support the crampon when it deflects sideways ?

I've used 130mm on a 120 and it works I duno about the long term, if you buy 130 they will probably fit any ski in your future quiver

BTW DON'T try to bend them
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know