Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Concrete. It's fucking concrete! Cement is an ingredient in concrete.

Sorry, just had to get that out.
    Haha, I was thinking the same thing.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Kinnikinnick, I'm confused. Is there a point to your semantic lesson? I mean, for the most part the people representing buyers and sellers are appropriately licensed to do so, right? So does it matter if I call him a realtor and the official title should be broker-associate? This seems to matter an awful lot to you, but based on how you've explained it I'm not sure why it should matter to the rest of us.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Low ball them all and see what happens.

Btw. What's your company's website again?
    I did not low-ball because our market is very competitive and over asking price offers happen often. The house and location is extremely unique (probably one of the only houses on the market with 20+ acres that isn't in 500k+ range or mostly steep hillside). Plus my wife really liked it.

I am the type of person who refuses to pay full price on anything (just ask many of the PNW mags about me), but several people who I really respect on the real estate front told me to offer full price and a really short closing date, which is what I did. There were quite a few other offers from my understanding (some well over asking) but our full package of good financing already put together, short closing and limited contingencies helped us have the most appealing offer. Now we just have to weather the road to closing with inspections, appraisers, etc etc etc

Oh, and www.gunfightersinc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Kinnikinnick, I'm confused. Is there a point to your semantic lesson? I mean, for the most part the people representing buyers and sellers are appropriately licensed to do so, right? So does it matter if I call him a realtor and the official title should be broker-associate? This seems to matter an awful lot to you, but based on how you've explained it I'm not sure why it should matter to the rest of us.
    If you go to a nice restaurant that you carefully chose because of its ratings and reviews and you want a gourmet hamburger would you order a Big Mac? That's how it sounds to me when people call me a Realtor. But yeah, whats the point of trying to educate everyone? I usually just shrug it off.

Yeah and since you mentioned it, I'd recommend everyone search their State Licensee database for anyone they're doing real estate with. I've found brokers on the other side that don't have active licenses and have multiple complaints/actions against them. But I guess they were Realtors, so it was all OkeyDokey. Same for mortgage brokers. Got a call once from a state prosecutor/investigator looking for a mortgage broker with a similar name - John P Smith instead of John D Smith - who had been bilking people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Realtor is a generic trademark at this point. Same as xerox, band-aid, and jell-o.

congrats mang! let's blow some stuff up this summer

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    congrats mang! let's blow some stuff up this summer
    Most importantly you can shoot 250 yards off the deck into a safe backstop. Can't beat that. Plan on having a pretty epic rifle and pistol range set up.

Also, very nice grade with lots of features for building some sweet dh trails.

And if snowpack and conditions line up right, there will be excellent mid-winter skiing up there.

Plus plenty of room for friends to come camp/rv in the summer.

Stoked.

your very own money pit. congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    If you go to a nice restaurant that you carefully chose because of its ratings and reviews and you want a gourmet hamburger would you order a Big Mac? That's how it sounds to me when people call me a Realtor. But yeah, whats the point of trying to educate everyone? I usually just shrug it off.

Yeah and since you mentioned it, I'd recommend everyone search their State Licensee database for anyone they're doing real estate with. I've found brokers on the other side that don't have active licenses and have multiple complaints/actions against them. But I guess they were Realtors, so it was all OkeyDokey. Same for mortgage brokers. Got a call once from a state prosecutor/investigator looking for a mortgage broker with a similar name - John P Smith instead of John D Smith - who had been bilking people.
    Boy you're pretty full of yourself for a person who sells fucking houses. Lawyers and relators/brokers fuck up more deals than I've ever seen. Adds complexity to the whole deal. I can order an inspection. I can make an informed decision on a house. I can search a database of available homes for sale, why the fuck do I need a paperwork filer for 3-5%? I don't need you to hold my hand. I hope the internet eventually makes your kind obselete like many other businesses.

Even if you repeatedly told me your title was broker I'd call you realtor just to fuck with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Boy you're pretty full of yourself for a person who sells fucking houses. Lawyers and relators/brokers fuck up more deals than I've ever seen. Adds complexity to the whole deal. I can order an inspection. I can make an informed decision on a house. I can search a database of available homes for sale, why the fuck do I need a paperwork filer for 3-5%? I don't need you to hold my hand. I hope the internet eventually makes your kind obselete like many other businesses.

Even if you repeatedly told me your title was broker I'd call you realtor just to fuck with you.
    You either are as astute as you think or not at all.

But yeah, who gives a shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Get a room you too.

The house needs to be painted or have new stain applied. What should I do, gurus of TGR?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Realtor is a generic trademark at this point. Same as xerox, band-aid, and jell-o.
    So I can call a realtor jello?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Looks like the preferred nomenclature is Big Mac.

Here's a pic of the house looking down the driveway. 99% of the property is behind the house up to a ridge top, which is backed by 1000s of acres of public land.

Mountain on the horizon is almost 5k tall and will offer good skiing on National Forest land.

septic inspection!

unbelievable to get to wake up to that everyday. congrats!

That looks pretty fucking stellar, congrats.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    So I can call a realtor jello?
    Does she have big, jiggly breasts?
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post

Here's a pic of the house looking down the driveway. 99% of the property is behind the house up to a ridge top, which is backed by 1000s of acres of public land.

Mountain on the horizon is almost 5k tall and will offer good skiing on National Forest land.
    I like that spot. It looks like the deck might need some work. You're gonna want some sleds, access to Chumstick is really good from there.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    I like that spot. It looks like the deck might need some work. You're gonna want some sleds, access to Chumstick is really good from there.
    Deck is one of the reasons the price was relatively low. Had a contractor friend estimate a few thousand to get it fixed. That corner is missing a pier block, hearsay in the neighborhood is it was vandalized by a neighbor who had a dispute with the home owners.

Sleds are on the radar, but first I need to buy a tractor and build a shop. Might be a year or 2 before any new toys.

Congrats on the crib! May you find relaxation and good neighbors there.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

That place looks killer. Congrats man.

Nice spot! Looks like a great buy with a ton of potential. Congratulations!!

On a somewhat related note, this article appeared in the Spokesman Review this morning regarding the housing market in Spokane. Wenatchee is apparently in similar territory...

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...ollows-trends/

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Nice spot! Looks like a great buy with a ton of potential. Congratulations!!
    Thank you!

On a somewhat related note, this article appeared in the Spokesman Review this morning regarding the housing market in Spokane. Wenatchee is apparently in similar territory...

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...ollows-trends/
    Yep. Not really sure what is driving it either. Maybe the low interest rates? Maybe people who would have telecommuted somewhere in Western WA getting pushed east due to the costs?

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Thank you!

Yep. Not really sure what is driving it either. Maybe the low interest rates? Maybe people who would have telecommuted somewhere in Western WA getting pushed east due to the costs?
    There was an article in the SR yesterday about the changing demographics in Spokane that probably reflect that last point to a degree. It used to be that more younger people left Spokane for 'the big city' than those moving to Spokane. The number moving to Spokane is relatively the same but the number leaving has dropped substantially. Part of that probably is due to affordability in places like Portland and Seattle but also a changing cultural scene is getting credit. There are more things to do with people their own ages that are fun so many are staying since it's just not as boring for young singles as it used to be. The story is just in Spokane but I would guess the same is true with Wenatchee, too. Seattle and Portland are pricing out the younger set so they're staying put and finding that it ain't that bad here. Still need more tech jobs, though....we're working on that....

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...oming-to-the-/

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    your very own money pit. congrats!
    The basement in this one is already done... no shop though, so that's gonna be spendy.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    septic inspection!

unbelievable to get to wake up to that everyday. congrats!
    Yep! In the works along with a full house and well inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That looks pretty fucking stellar, congrats.
    I'm stoked. Feel fortunate that it's worked out so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Congrats on the crib! May you find relaxation and good neighbors there.
    Well for the first few years it's going to be a lot of blistered hands and a tired back from all the landscaping and little honey-wants projects... but after that I'll be able to relax. Maybe. But kids are on the radar too, so... probably can relax when I'm dead.

Neighbors seem nice so far, met 1 of them last week when viewing the house. Another neighbor is a friend of mine from the Hi2 resort (we worked together as mitten fetchers), and another neighbor is the parents of a friends wife. So pretty solid group overall.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    That place looks killer. Congrats man.
    Thank you. I'm really excited.