Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    No, wasn't like that at all. The local MLS search engine hadn't picked it up yet, but it was listed. (The listing agent was in another area.) Zillow had it listed as a foreclosure last year so I had it on my watch list. As soon as zillow picked up the MLS listing we went at looked at it. (I viewed it within 3 hours of it being listed. ) I submitted a formal offer. Crossing our fingers now that someone else didn't come in with something crazy...
    I really like that place, I hope my offer was bigger...

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    I really like that place, I hope my offer was bigger...
    You're killing me... gah. Waiting for this is the worst part.

You're killing me... gah. Waiting for this is the worst part.
    Should have skied with us today to take your mind off it. Pretty legit day in spite of the "Fucking Liberator Express" being down again.

Too busy shooting cannons.

Should have skied with us today to take your mind off it. Pretty legit day in spite of the "Fucking Liberator Express" being down again.
    It's off more than it's on.

WHAT?!! Chair 2 wasn't running??? That never happens!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I just view it as a typical watch your own ass business transaction. I just find the way the profession either waves the "rules" in your face or totally ignores them depending on what is to their benefit. Have you ever crossed an industry that so regularly back dates documents for example?
    This kinda thing is extremely common...and a reminder that the only person realtors look out for is themselves, so exactly, watch your own ass.

Oft...can we get a ruling?

I thought this was a violation. I see it all the time on properties i work on. "This house is gonna be listed in a couple of weeks, I just thought I'd show it to you in case you were interested". Seller gets price discovery for free and then modifies listing price. Potential buyer that thought they were on the inside was just a pawn for the seller.

Good luck. Just assume everything is fucked up. Everyone getting paid works for you. Act professionally and demand the same from everyone else.
    A "violation" of what?

The agent's deal is with the seller. If the seller approves in writing this then its OK. The only potential "violation" would be if the broker negotiated a sale without listing it fully on the market and that effectively meant that the final sales price was lower than could be had - thus a violation of the agents duty to the seller. The Co Real Estate Commission has discouraged brokers doing this sort of thing, especially without getting it in writing from the Seller that they understand the strategy will mean not full exposure to the broader market. Of course sometimes the broker has a variable rate commission calling for a reduced total fee if only one agent is involved so the seller feels like they get a discount.

But the agent doesn't owe much of anything to a random buyer that visits it before it hits the MLS if that's what you're getting at, short of not committing outright fraud.

Fixed it for you
    Quote Originally Posted by blazes_boylan View Post
    This kinda thing is extremely common...and a reminder that the only person anyone looks out for is themselves, so exactly, watch your own ass.
    But of course you're probably that guy who says "I'm not the sort of person to do X, Y, Z" to someone but then push comes to shove you do X, Y, AND Z when it might be better for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

^ Not a realtor.

A listing is nothing more than an invitation to receive offers

Actually NOT a RealtorTM but a broker.

Of course that's a distinction thats beyond most people, so they constantly call me a Realtor in error.

The NAR propaganda has brainwashed 95% people into thinking it means something to the general home buying/selling population.

But sheeple on.

In WA, all real estate agents are now licensed at "brokers" per a fairly recent change. Prior to a few years ago, most real estate agents were licensed as "real estate salespersons" who were associated with a broker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Actually NOT a RealtorTM but a broker.

Of course that's a distinction thats beyond most people, so they constantly call me a Realtor in error.

The NAR propaganda has brainwashed 95% people into thinking it means something to the general home buying/selling population.

But sheeple on.
    explain the distinction, please.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    explain the distinction, please.
    A Real Estate Broker, or in various states there are legal distinctions based in large part in their experience or training and their legal authority to act independently such as real estate Associate Broker, Salesperson, etc. is the legal definition based upon State rules and regulations put in place, testing, etc. This means that in said state or states you can practice real estate brokerage.

A Realtor is simply a dues paying member of the National Association of Realtors. Which is in essence a lobbying entity that advocates for the benefit of Brokers (and sometimes homeowners). They would say that they have "Standards and Ethics" requirements, but IMO those mostly recite existing law about discrimination housing, say don't practice in an area you're not an expert, and require that Realtors treat other Realtors "fairly, " according to the "Golden Rule." Of course they often lock up MLS so thats its difficult for non Realtors to join to put listings on, etc. In other words they act like a monopoly in the sheeps clothing of sometimes advocating for consumers.

http://www.inman.com/2016/04/04/diff...tor-explained/

Basically a Licensed Real Estate Broker can practice real estate without being a Realtor but you can't be a Realtor without being a Licensed Real Estate Broker.

So IMO it should be relatively meaningless to consumers, but of course the NAR has done such a brilliant marketing job that people thing that they want a Realtor, along with a Big Mac, Jose Cuervo shot, all washed down by a Bud and everything will be top notch but then they complain b/c their Realtor was incompetent, they got fat and have indigestion, and have a terrible hangover. Who knew?

Too busy shooting cannons.
    Buy some bigger pants, what are you a hipster?

Buy some bigger pants, what are you a hipster?
    That's my hipster Industrial Designer.

My offer was accepted... now the hard part.

That's my hipster Industrial Designer.

My offer was accepted... now the hard part.
    Tell him to get some new pants. Congratulations on the house.

good luck with your new abode! very exciting!

Congratulations! Post some pics when you can.

Quote Originally Posted by DIYSteve View Post
    A listing is nothing more than an invitation to receive offers
    To the extent it controls the relationship between buyer and seller, OK.

But a listing is also a contract between the broker and the seller, requiring the seller to pay the broker the commission if they get an offer that meets the terms of the listing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Basically a Licensed Real Estate Broker can practice real estate without being a Realtor but you can't be a Realtor without being a Licensed Real Estate Broker.
    In some states you can be a Realtor without being a broker, but you work under the umbrella of the broker, and the broker is ultimately responsible for your fuckups.

Congrats Leavenworth. Get that thing inspected well.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    In some states you can be a Realtor without being a broker, but you work under the umbrella of the broker, and the broker is ultimately responsible for your fuckups.
    Actually no. The term Realtor has nothing to do with how people are licensed to sell real estate. Realtor is a purely marketing, lobbying, and ethics deal between brokers. You're talking about the difference between Employing Broker, Broker, Broker Associate, Salesperson, etc that are different levels of responsibility and independence as defined and managed by various regulator agencies in each State. You CANNOT sell real estate, at least all states that I know, as a Realtor without being licensed as a Broker/Broker Associate/Salesperson or something in that state.

No State gives a fuck whether you're a Realtor or not.

Again, only consumers care because...yeah its a brand I know and NOTHING else. Starbucks has the BEST Coffee, Taco Bell great tacos, and if you want to buy or sell a house, get a Realtor.

Low ball them all and see what happens.

Btw. What's your company's website again?

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Low ball them all and see what happens.

Btw. What's your company's website again?
    His offer was accepted.

Sorry FG... I somehow missed this whole thread! Yes, sometimes this can be a leverage situation, but at the end of the day the seller can pretty much do what they want until there's ink on both sides of the bottom of the page.

Anyway my response is moot as it seems to have come together for LS. Congrats man!

Oft...can we get a ruling?

I thought this was a violation. I see it all the time on properties i work on. "This house is gonna be listed in a couple of weeks, I just thought I'd show it to you in case you were interested". Seller gets price discovery for free and then modifies listing price. Potential buyer that thought they were on the inside was just a pawn for the seller.

Good luck. Just assume everything is fucked up. Everyone getting paid works for you. Act professionally and demand the same from everyone else.
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.