Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    This is, surprisingly, the correct answer.
    Why is it surprising? I actually know Mr and Mrs Leavenworthskier and I'm not as dumb as you think you are.

Which canyon is #3 located in and is it adjacent to Federal land? You can be vague, I know the area well.

70 acres of most unusable land is, well, unusable. Might as well have 5 acres.

Have you looked at that place up Derby that's for sale? 18 acres, nice house and shop, 1000 ft of stream front.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    70 acres of most unusable land is, well, unusable. Might as well have 5 acres.

I dunno...sometimes elbow room & quiet is its own reward

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post

A geodesic dome with a Chrysler emblem to greet people at the entry?
    Do not disparage the Pentastar Buckyball.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    I dunno...sometimes elbow room & quiet is its own reward
    22 acres is plenty of space for elbow room over here. Most parcels that big will be adjacent to some sort of public land.

Have you looked at that place up Derby that's for sale? 18 acres, nice house and shop, 1000 ft of stream front.
    Place I'm looking at is almost 200k cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Place I'm looking at is almost 200k cheaper.
    Yeah it's a bit spendy but close to work.

22 acres is plenty of space for elbow room over here. Most parcels that big will be adjacent to some sort of public land.
    It is, backs to USFS. Nice property, very usable. The house is foreclosed and needs a bit of rehab.

Epic views.

We're going to go make an offer on #3

We're going to go make an offer on #3
    exciting, good luck!

[edit]wait, in the OP, it was a "very nice house" and now it's "foreclosed and needs a bit of rehab"? Take a contractor friend with you to walk it thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    exciting, good luck!

[edit]wait, in the OP, it was a "very nice house" and now it's "foreclosed and needs a bit of rehab"? Take a contractor friend with you to walk it thoroughly.
    It's a very nice house. But the siding is weathered, the deck has a small issue, the trim/fascia on one area needs to be fixed where the snow load pulled it off, etc. If it wasn't for the fact it's a bank owned forclosure, it'd be 150k more.

good luck, man!

if it wasn't for the fact it's a bank owned forclosure, it'd be 150k more.
    I don't know. That's a lot of fluff and if there were that much quick equity there would be competition.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I don't know. That's a lot of fluff and if there were that much quick equity there would be competition.
    If it's in decent shape that's a good deal. The previous owners surely paid too much before the housing market failed. It's kind of out of the way for over here and the market isn't that big. It's a great location but for most folks if they're gonna live that far from town they'll choose another area. It's kind of a hidden gem.

I just creepily internet stalked your dome house. I wouldn't go for that if you are thinking of ever having kids. It would be really difficult to subdivide into private rooms. Plus, unless the real estate listing is off, it's a lot smaller than 2000+ sq. ft.

#1 is the fun cool one and the one you want. A dome house with 3 shops, can you get cooler than that? You know this because you call it #1. Without question, it's the one I want.
    Serious all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostmyboards View Post
    #1 is the fun cool one and the one you want. A dome house with 3 shops, can you get cooler than that? You know this because you call it #1. Without question, it's the one I want.
    He technically called it #2. 1 was wait and don't buy anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    He technically called it #2. 1 was wait and don't buy anything.
    I blame multitasking while tgr surfing for lack of clarity

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    there is, I saw the house before it hit the MLS. We were literally the first to view and make an offer. I made my offer at full asking. if anyone beats us it's because they offered more than asking, which happens a lot around here.

It's a very nice house. But the siding is weathered, the deck has a small issue, the trim/fascia on one area needs to be fixed where the snow load pulled it off, etc. If it wasn't for the fact it's a bank owned forclosure, it'd be 150k more.
    I hope the sale of the home isn't an auction, as in San Diego the foreclosure auctions have gone full retard in bidding shit up. Bank owned and listed, hopefully you can get a good price on it.

edit: just saw the above post. Never mind and good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Very interesting. I live about as opposent in 'merica as it gets. That siad, my thoughts when we bought our first house now (gulp) 25 yrs ago, I have no idea what city I'm gonna wind up in (it was different then) how many kids i'll have etc. so my thought was to buy the house that had the most solid investment potential. of course SHE didn't like that goddamed house (we would have sold 6 years later for 2.5-3.0x what we paid for THAT house) so we got the one SHE liked.

Even though it flooded twice from the nearby creek (2-3 ft in walkout basement leve) we got full asking within 6 hours of hitting MLS at 200% of what we paid for it six years later (i.e. doubled our money). Don't know if that helps. I also beleive that one's satisfaction in life is proportinate to commute.
    "Can't you see..."

there is, I saw the house before it hit the MLS. We were literally the first to view and make an offer. I made my offer at full asking. if anyone beats us it's because they offered more than asking, which happens a lot around here.
    Oft...can we get a ruling?

I thought this was a violation. I see it all the time on properties i work on. "This house is gonna be listed in a couple of weeks, I just thought I'd show it to you in case you were interested". Seller gets price discovery for free and then modifies listing price. Potential buyer that thought they were on the inside was just a pawn for the seller.

Good luck. Just assume everything is fucked up. Everyone getting paid works for you. Act professionally and demand the same from everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Oft...can we get a ruling?

I thought this was a violation. I see it all the time on properties i work on. "This house is gonna be listed in a couple of weeks, I just thought I'd show it to you in case you were interested". Seller gets price discovery for free and then modifies listing price. Potential buyer that thought they were on the inside was just a pawn for the seller.
    Violation of what?

In most (all?) states, contracts for the sale of real estate need to be in writing. So, two scenarios:

1. If you tell me verbally you will sell me your house for $200,000 and I say "Yes, I will buy it for that price," there is NOT a binding contract. There is simply a douchebag seller.

2. If you put it in writing, even probably an email, and I email you back and say "Yes, I will buy it for that price," there IS a legally enforceable contract.

Full disclaimer: I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last week and I think the Realtor Code of Ethics is the funniest shit I've ever read in my life. It's like 100 pages of "I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to to."

I think we are saying the same thing. Not "illegal" per se", but shady. Many listing agents around here like to get the word out with their possible buyers who are "looking" about "this great house that I can let you see before anybody else sees it" before it is listed. They they get to double dip on the commission with minimal headaches.

Full disclaimer: I purchased a non-listed house using a realtor. I could really give two shits about their rules, ethics and professional code of conduct. I just view it as a typical watch your own ass business transaction. I just find the way the profession either waves the "rules" in your face or totally ignores them depending on what is to their benefit. Have you ever crossed an industry that so regularly back dates documents for example?

No, wasn't like that at all. The local MLS search engine hadn't picked it up yet, but it was listed. (The listing agent was in another area.) Zillow had it listed as a foreclosure last year so I had it on my watch list. As soon as zillow picked up the MLS listing we went at looked at it. (I viewed it within 3 hours of it being listed. ) I submitted a formal offer. Crossing our fingers now that someone else didn't come in with something crazy...

Subscribed. I'm in the same boat, same area.
    Gravity always wins...