Fly Fishing Fraser/WP CO

Hey guys,

I'm planning on doing a little bikepacking weekend this summer via rollins pass from the front range down into the Fraser Valley. While I will be camping out and then hitting single track in the area, I'll also bring along my rod and reel to toss a few flies.

Now, I've never fished in this area and I'm not looking for GPS coordinates to your honey holes, just shoot off some areas in a very general sense of where to be. I like finding my own way and discovering spots on my own, but I just need to be pointed in the correct general direction... I.E - in town, north of town, south of town, etc.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by J_Berg View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm planning on doing a little bikepacking weekend this summer via rollins pass from the front range down into the Fraser Valley. While I will be camping out and then hitting single track in the area, I'll also bring along my rod and reel to toss a few flies.

Now, I've never fished in this area and I'm not looking for GPS coordinates to your honey holes, just shoot off some areas in a very general sense of where to be. I like finding my own way and discovering spots on my own, but I just need to be pointed in the correct general direction... I.E - in town, north of town, south of town, etc.

Thanks in advance
    Pro tip: fish live in the river. I'd fish there.

I'm not too worried about giving out directions to the honey holes, the local flyshops will take take of that. If it is the weekend, just put your nose in the air and follow the scent of smug. Once you find the high dollar SUVs, flyshop receipts and bottled water blowing through the parking lot...you are close. Looks for the lawyers and accountants taking themselves way too seriously outfitted in the latest and greatest from Simms and your there.

Seriously, did you even look at a map? We've got one river flowing down the middle of the valley. Care to hazard a guess as to its name?

Upstream from town, fish above Robber's Roost campground. Down from town, fish anywhere between County Rd 8 and CR 83. Just park anywhere along the highway. Frank Creek is good, also Deep Creek and Lower Meadows. If you want to hike, check out Lupine Lake and Marmot Lake.

Might want to send a PM to Foggy_Goggles. He's local.

edit: I see Foggy has already chimed in while I was typing my response

What an asshole ^^^? Next thing you know, he's gonna give up the goods and tell'm to fishing the ponds on the east side of the road between Fraser and Wanker Park!

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Pro tip: fish live in the river. I'd fish there.

I'm not too worried about giving out directions to the honey holes, the local flyshops will take take of that. If it is the weekend, just put your nose in the air and follow the scent of smug. Once you find the high dollar SUVs, flyshop receipts and bottled water blowing through the parking lot...you are close. Looks for the lawyers and accountants taking themselves way too seriously outfitted in the latest and greatest from Simms and your there.

Seriously, did you even look at a map? We've got one river flowing down the middle of the valley. Care to hazard a guess as to its name?
    I appreciate the humor about big money "outdoorsmen" hahah

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Upstream from town, fish above Robber's Roost campground. Down from town, fish anywhere between County Rd 8 and CR 83. Just park anywhere along the highway. Frank Creek is good, also Deep Creek and Lower Meadows. If you want to hike, check out Lupine Lake and Marmot Lake.

Might want to send a PM to Foggy_Goggles. He's local.

edit: I see Foggy has already chimed in while I was typing my response
    I always enjoy trading crowds for a quiet lake, thanks

St Louis Creek is laden with small, lightning-quick brookies. And there's a pretty decent trail network that can be easily accessed from the campground. The alpine lakes accessible from the Rollins Pass trail head hold cutthroat, rainbows and brookies. And then there's the Fraser River. The public access spot down from the Phases parking lot gets crowded but for good reason.

Note to self. Never fish with this guy.^

Thanks for hot spotting asshole. Delete that shit.

Those aren't exactly secret spots to anyone who fishes the Fraser Valley. And I didn't divulge my fave holes on St Louis Creek. Not that there are a ton of them. Any motivated angler, especially riding those well-travelled trails, can find them. It's small water. Live and let live.

And lighten up, Francis.

Quote Originally Posted by ienjoydrinkingbeer View Post
    And lighten up, Francis.
    Fuck right off, Francis. No need blowing up spots. I hope all your days fishing are elbow to elbow with Denver douche bags who learned about your holes from random loud mouths on the internet. I'd explain why I'm fired up but you wouldn't get it.

Wow, first-ever internet beef for me. Had to happen here. And for hooking a mag up with fishing tips that can be found on any fly fishing forum. G'nite.

Quote Originally Posted by ienjoydrinkingbeer View Post
    Any motivated angler .
    OP is clearly not motivated enough to figure it out for himself. He wants it the easy way, and you enabled him.

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    OP is clearly not motivated enough to figure it out for himself. He wants it the easy way, and you enabled him.
    I'm riding my bike to the area from the other side of the Continental Divide, but anyway, I got what I needed. A simple "down yonder" I don't get why people are such dicks on here sometimes man haha, relax.

We're talking about fishing, right? Catching stupid fucking trout, right?

I thought we were getting all huffy about something important, like telemarking.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

FREE THE HEEL - SKI FOR REAL