Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I've definitely fallen for the "hey, can you fix this flat for me?" before.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I just need a husband
    PM Rontele

So those wheels I struggled to get set up for tubeless, yeah, I tacoed one today. Anyone have any experience riding two different rims? Can I replace the rim I tacoed, the front rim, with a rim/wheel that's not the same as the one good rim?

I'm currently on Jalco 28s, and got a line on a few replacements that are not Jalco 28s. I know I can use a non Jalco 28 rim for the time being, but how will it affect how the bike rides.

I have a line on some STANs MK2s for crazy cheap. Should I replace both rims even though one is still good?

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Anyone have any experience riding two different rims?
    You're gonna die.

Seriously, it'll be fine, particularly if you replace it with a rim of similar stiffness and width. If you just replace the rim (not the full wheel) then you may need new spokes since the rim diameter will be different (but you probably need new spokes after tacoing the wheel anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    You're gonna die.

Seriously, it'll be fine, particularly if you replace it with a rim of similar stiffness and width. If you just replace the rim (not the full wheel) then you may need new spokes since the rim diameter will be different (but you probably need new spokes after tacoing the wheel anyway).
    I'm going to die some day, might as well be doing something fun!

Thanks. Thats what I figured on be riding and needing new spokes.

Tubeless veteran (~8 years?), even finally going road tubeless.

Yes there's a learning curve but it's nothing like it was when I started and with the proper equipment (TR specific rim + tire) is silly easy and reliable. I schedule a google calendar reminder every 2-3 months to refill tires with sealant, don't generally break the bead until I replace the tire.

Just make sure the valve stems aren't done up so tight that the wife can't unscrew them when she flats the tubeless set up.
    If you're set up is leaking air from the valve stem, the right solution does not involve cranking the valve stem down with pliers. It's fixing the hole cut in rim tape.
    I've stoped to help someone with a trail side fix where I couldn't undo the valve stem retainer, even when a 3rd party stopped to help and offered using leatherman pliers.

I had wet spots coming thru the sidewalls on a maxxis aggressor maybe from sitting out in -20C all winter so a bit of air loss overnite but it was actualy working OK for the most part so I injected some orange thru the stem to take care of the wet spots AND then it wouldn't hold any air, only thing I can think of was that letting all the air out of the tire messed with the latex that was in all the pin holes ?

I Pulled the tire off reset the stem checked the inside of the tire which seemed fine no big clumps, aired it up and the tire is fine ... kinda weird I thot

I reused the Orange fluid that was in the tire, hanging on to the empty bottle was handy for re-injecting the stuff i had saved from the tire
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know