Pomoca skins with Tipon?

Just wondering if anyone has long-term(ish) experience with any of the Tipon-membrane skins from Pomoca. Mostly concerned about durability and stickiness of glue over several laps and/or days. I've been considering some Climb Pro S-Glide Tipon momix skins. I'll probably go with the standard Climb Pro S-Glide momix if I don't hear anything. Thanks!

Bump as I'm considering a pair with Tipon. Anyone have any experience with these?

Ditto. Looking forward to any feedback on the version they have on STP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glueless skins generally suck, I wouldn't expect this one to be any better

With the STP deal plus Active Junky, I’m trying them out.. I’ll try to remember to report back in November

The folks over at skimo co have written about the tipon skins. I believe the gist was they work well if you keep them dry but they are not super user friendly.

I also talked to an employee at mammoth mountaineering about them. He said that the whole staff was using them and really liked them, but also that their Salewa rep asked them not to buy anymore because they’ve had so many complaints.

Reading between the lines (I get the sense that the people who work at mammoth mountaineering are all badasses) it sounds like if you really have things dialed you can reap the benefits of a lot less bulk. But if you have jong moments and don’t keep the skins clean and dry you might be very frustrated.

How do you keep skins dry in spring/corn conditions. As soon you get out of the shade and on a sunny patch snow is wet and your skins suck water.

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    glueless skins generally suck, I wouldn't expect this one to be any better
    Most of them are no good, but I really like the Contours, did you try those?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghini View Post
    Most of them are no good, but I really like the Contours, did you try those?
    No, I haven't. Just my couple of days of experience + what I read in different reviews. I decided that I don't want to reinvent the wheel, so came back to basic glue BD skins.

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    How do you keep skins dry in spring/corn conditions. As soon you get out of the shade and on a sunny patch snow is wet and your skins suck water.
    Try nikwax skiskin proofer, it will also keep snow from sticking to your skins

I've never done it but you could also try hot waxing the plush side

it's really important to dry the glue side or the glue will become hydrolyzed and get fucked up
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Yes. I never waxed my skins either. I heared in emergency u could use sunscreen. Of course wet skins and cold snow. Things will freeze and clog.

But what i mean is based on experience with kohla vacuumbase 2.0 The cohesion only works in a dry environment. The rubber base of the skins only has a friction to the ski-base when dry. I loved them from dec-march. As soon it got warm they were useless. Returned them at the factory and got a pair traditional glue skin. I am not talking about contour hybrid! Had them for a while and no problems. Lesson learned from hybrid don't store them glue to glue always but the folio. otherwise the coating gets funky over the time.
    My 2 cents

I'm not on the R&D team for glueless skins but the rest of you carry on with testing

My thots are that if my skin glue fucks up I can replace the glue with a 15$ tube of gold label

but I have no idea what to do to fix glueless skins
    Last edited by XXX-er; 09-27-2019 at 07:58 AM.

I used mine in spring corn and they were fine. More testing required but I hate glue hassles

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I'm not on the R&D team for glueless skins but the rest of you carry on with testing

My thots are that if my skin glue fucks up I can replace the glue with a 15$ tube of gold label

but I have no idea what to do to fix glueless skins
    They say to wash the rubber/silicon surface with soapy water to reactivate the stickyness.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    I used mine in spring corn and they were fine. More testing required but I hate glue hassles

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It happened to me twice in a row in very wet snow spring conditions. Maybe more Like slush. One time i got out of the forrest on a east face in april.
    Left the forrest and the pow was already "stung" by the sun snd was to wet. Ofcourse i was too late but anyhow... the skins where not sticking and i fixed it with 4 skifixes.

Next tour north facing but the last 300m in altitude we partly on the south face.

Fyck me i was swearing to the top!

Yeah so what if washing doesn't work

I got 20 Yar old acensions that will still be fine with a hot glue glue job, but what do I do with the glue-less skins if I can't replace the glue ?
    Last edited by XXX-er; 09-30-2019 at 06:25 PM.

I 100% agree. I returned my glueless kohla skins as they would not suit me with late spring tours and got them changed out to conventional skins.

Question how long to you use your skins?
    150days? 200days? I use my skins also on artificial snow pistetours. What reduces the lifespan too.

I have 4 or 5 pair, some I boughtand some came with used setup's of which I some how ended up owning 7 setups that can tour not that you would want to tour all of them ( verts, rads, barons, FR+, riva II, 7TM, heavy skis ) so it's hard to say

Some of the skins ( g3,pomoca, BD, acension ) have had the glue replaced but none of them are anywhere near being worn out
    Last edited by XXX-er; 10-03-2019 at 08:43 AM.