Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I'm on the Lupo 130s and after 4 days of resort with short tours, so far I'm quite satisfied with the performance of the boot, coming off two seasons on Salomon MTN Labs which I never meshed with. 190lbs skiing 189 Billy Goats, haven't been on my Wrenegades yet.

While the last of the 130s is fairly narrow (98) there is quite a bit of volume up/down in the forefoot. So far I've added 1 Bontex inside the liner and thats working well. Before skiing them, and a few have brought it up in the other thread regarding the stiffness of the stock tongue, I thought I might be looking for a stiffer tongue, but no, stock tongue has been totally sufficient.

Great feedback guys, thanks.

I need a wider last, and just coming back from a very bad break of my foot (plates and screws etc), so the AX wider version with a roomy area is likely required.

I can overpower my titans with powerwraps, so would enjoy a stiffer boot than that, but also require the above sizing. I also see there's an AX125 but it doesn't seem to be very prolific. I need to drive 4 hours and take a 2 hour ferry to get to a reputable boot fitter, so really trying to get my ducks in a row beforehand.

Appreciate all input.

I agree they are long, but not in a bad way. Most of my 25s are 293-295mm, these are 297. A mm is a mile in a ski boot.

FWIW, I test a ton. The 98 last is snugger than others, but with the plush Intuition liner, you can really get a lot out of the foam & not mess with the shell.

Others have said the boot is “upright” I’ve not found this to be the case at all.

My carbon ti’s are the same 295mm as my sp’s. Seamless transition for my cast set up but huge length difference to get to my tlt6’s @277 and even my vulcans @284. I wish all bindings , tech included, had adjustable toes as well as heels. It’d sure help keep boot centers dialed and avoid inserts

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Just got my pair of Lupo AX 120s, and also wanted to share some initial thoughts. Big thanks to LeeLau for starting this thread and bringing some attention to this boot, because I think its a legit touring boot option as opposed to Lupo Factory/Carbon and Lupo 130 which are heavier and seem like more of a crossover boot. I also have a pair of Lupo Carbons and Lupo Ti (bright green), so will eventually share some thoughts comparing all 3.

From initial floor testing, it definitely softer than a Lupo 130 flex, but it is mainly due to the liner. The Lupo AX120 liner has great mobility and super smooth ROM, but it is soft. I put in the stiffer tongue liner from the Lupo Carbon, and noticed the flex was stiffer. And then next put in the intuition flex/wrap liners from my Lupo Ti and flex got even more stiff. Even with the "M" tongues, which are supposedly a bit softer than the stiffer "B" tongues (BTW i did a hand flex comparison of the M vs B and could not tell the difference), in conjuction with a stiffer liner the Lupo AX 120 feel pretty damn similar in flex to the Lupo Carbon.

I then put in the B tongues from the Carbons, and it seems like it is slightly stiffer than the M tongues. But I think I need to get these on the slopes to really be able to discern the difference.

I would love to hear about your comparison thoughts against the green Lupo 130. I know the last is wider in the forefoot, does this apply to the heel and instep as well? Flex comparison on snow?

Quote Originally Posted by wantriot View Post
    I would love to hear about your comparison thoughts against the green Lupo 130. I know the last is wider in the forefoot, does this apply to the heel and instep as well? Flex comparison on snow?
    They are a bit more narrow in the heel. I have to punch them a bit on the outside of the heel pocket.

Update: Sorry. I missed out the previous post was about the AX boot. I was referring to the Carbon / Factory ..

As someone with a medium fit type of foot, I'm loving the new 100mm last. I managed to get the 125C AX model (it's a euro model, dalbello sent it to me since I ordered the 120 and they were out), which is great as it has the carbon cuff to shave a bit of weight.

Hoping someone can provide some clarity on something for me.

I just picked up a pair of the Lupo AX from Evo Denver. I have one setup with Marker Kingpins and another setup with Marker Griffons that I plan to use these boots with. When I bought the boots, I was told I would need different base plates to use them with my alpine bindings. After doing some research, I'm finding that's not exactly the case.

Looks like the Lupos use GripWalk sole plates. Just looking through Blister's binding review page (http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...-binding-guide), it says that the Griffons are compatible with GripWalk sole plates.

Is there something I'm missing? Do I need new sole plates for the Lupos or am I good to go?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post

I just picked up a pair of the Lupo AX from Evo Denver. I have one setup with Marker Kingpins and another setup with Marker Griffons that I plan to use these boots with. When I bought the boots, I was told I would need different base plates to use them with my alpine bindings. After doing some research, I'm finding that's not exactly the case.

Looks like the Lupos use GripWalk sole plates. Just looking through Blister's binding review page (http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...-binding-guide), it says that the Griffons are compatible with GripWalk sole plates.

Is there something I'm missing? Do I need new sole plates for the Lupos or am I good to go?

Thanks in advance
    That would depend on which flavor of griffons you have. If in front of the toe piece the silver badge says SOLE ID youre good to go. If not, jam it in there and turn the din up. Who wants to release?

Quote Originally Posted by japanada View Post
    That would depend on which flavor of griffons you have. If in front of the toe piece the silver badge says SOLE ID youre good to go. If not, jam it in there and turn the din up. Who wants to release?
    Well shiiiiiiiit. No SOLE ID. Gotta love the new standards. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks in advance
    I tried to make my GripWalk soles work with Griffons and they scared me enough bench testing that I bought new bindings... YMMV

Aren't there DIN plates available for these?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastdan View Post
    I tried to make my GripWalk soles work with Griffons and they scared me enough bench testing that I bought new bindings... YMMV
    Were those the Griffon ID? I am considering consolidating down to one pair of boots with the new Lupos and Jester IDs on my resort skis .

I'm interested in the Lupo because I loved my Kryptons, I love my Krypton 2s, and don't seem to like anything else. I am pretty sure I want the 98mm last though. Does anyone have any info or thoughts on the Lupo 130 or the Factory?

I feel like I always land in this weird place with boots because I want the narrow fit, but I would be happiest with a softer boot than 130.

Can anyone say anything about Dalbello's touring liners? The ID wrap liner in the Krypton 2 is awesome, I have never looked at either the ID Hike or IF Air liners.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    Were those the Griffon ID? I am considering consolidating down to one pair of boots with the new Lupos and Jester IDs on my resort skis .
    Sorry maybe my last post was not clear. I replaced an older pair of Griffon's with a Sole ID pair as those are designed to work with GripWalk soles.

I realize I could have swapped to DIN soles but they aren't very good for sledding, boot packing, etc

Sorry maybe my last post was not clear. I replaced an older pair of Griffon's with a Sole ID pair as those are designed to work with GripWalk soles.

I realize I could have swapped to DIN soles but they aren't very good for sledding, boot packing, etc
    That's a bummer to hear. Swapping soles is a pain in the ass. I'd much rather have two pairs of boots than mess around with that all the time. What do you think was keeping the GripWalk/SoulID combo from releasing consistently?

The ID liner in the carbons feels very similar to my pro tours. Wish I had kept the carbons around. The air liner in the AX120 if a very different beast. I picked up a pair and could feel the difference in the roomier fit right away. My plan was to put a new set of pro tours in them to take up some room and snug the boot up. I was able to return the AX120s and went with the orange lupo 130C. They have a similar air liner as the 120s, but with 100% IF AIR PLUS. I'm hoping it will be a little bit more dense than the blue 120s. We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    That's a bummer to hear. Swapping soles is a pain in the ass. I'd much rather have two pairs of boots than mess around with that all the time. What do you think was keeping the GripWalk/SoulID combo from releasing consistently?
    Sorry again... I had old Griffons that were not Sole ID. Put a new pair of Sole ID Griffon bindings on. The Sole ID bindings release nicely with the GripWalk soles.

The non Sole ID bindings where hanging up in the toe piece.

I found the tongue liner from my lupo carbon ti’s too roomy even with a bontex shim and a heel wedge. Through my intuition wrap liner in and it’s perfect. Doesn’t have a flex zone but apparently intuition has or will have a new wrap liner with flex zone. Someone posted that dalbello still has the dalbello labeled intuition wrap liner with flex zone in stock , that they had in the original lupo id

Sorry again... I had old Griffons that were not Sole ID. Put a new pair of Sole ID Griffon bindings on. The Sole ID bindings release nicely with the GripWalk soles.

The non Sole ID bindings where hanging up in the toe piece.
    Gotcha. Faith in Marker restored.

Could someone please tell me, what size I should go, if I'm using krypton2 in 24.5 for inbounds?

First day on my Lupo AX today. Kind of mixed feelings. After 10 years on krypton pros, having a walk mode is like a revelation. Still not sure on the 100mm last tho. For those coming from kryptons, u may find them to be a little roomy. Anyone have any advice for filling in the space a bit more? I'm gonna probably take them back to where I purchased for some revised fitting. Gonna give it a couple more days before I make any final impressions. Skied well overall.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

Does anyone know the difference between last year 'lupo ti plus' and the current '130c' and 'factory' shells? Liners aside.

Same lower shell? Different cuffs I can see, wondering if there is a difference in stiffness.

Really like my 'plus ti' but they are a little soft if anything. Comfiest boot I have ever had though. Might upgrade to the '130c' next year if it's stiffer.

First day on my Lupo AX today. Kind of mixed feelings. After 10 years on krypton pros, having a walk mode is like a revelation. Still not sure on the 100mm last tho. For those coming from kryptons, u may find them to be a little roomy. Anyone have any advice for filling in the space a bit more? I'm gonna probably take them back to where I purchased for some revised fitting. Gonna give it a couple more days before I make any final impressions. Skied well overall.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app
    First day on my ax120 today as well.

The last is great for wide feet, I even needed an extra punch. But, it also has alot of vertical room in the front and forefoot. I'll be trying to fill that in (maybe a boot board shim thing instead?)

Less forward lean than I'm used to (titans), but when you really pressure the shins they drive a big ski well (bibby pro on hardpack).

If I can fix the floaty forefoot issue without getting cold/cramped feet I'll be stoked!