Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post

ROM - HawX wins unless you take out AX120 tongue
    I quite like the tongue out touring of the lupo, is the Atomic very far behind?

Change over - HawX wins hands down
    Change over is kind of a hassle with the having to take the tongue out to get the above mentioned ROM

Walking/scrambling. HawX wins unless you take out AX120 tongue
    This is something I'm somewhat nervous about with the Atomic. These will be almost exclusively touring boots, and might see some walking/hiking sections. Am I setting myself up for pain & ridicule?

Skiiing. Lupo is a linear flex. There's not much progression. To me this means Lupo skis with massive small bump absorption and wins on smoothness. I love that feel. Some may not The HawX is more a progressive flex where there's initial resistance to overcome then the resistance ramps up. To me that's a tie since it's individual preference

These lupos were my first cabrio boot, and I can't seem to gel with the linear flex. Hawx seems like a no brainer in this category.

Thanks again. Info like this is massive in decision making, especially if you don't live in a ski town with access to shops and bootfitters etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BCJC View Post
    A bit harder to quote.

The Atomic is for you then.

Quest 1. HawX is not far behind the Lupo. Reality is I'm picking nits. HawX is good for touring. Lupo sux for touring with tongue in and is outstanding with tongue out.

Quest 3. Unless you're doing technical scrambling you won't find that much difference between Lupo and HawX. I only found the painpoint when downclimbing mixed snow/ice on my boots. Most people aren't going to do that kind of crap

A bit harder to quote.

The Atomic is for you then.

Quest 1. HawX is not far behind the Lupo. Reality is I'm picking nits. HawX is good for touring. Lupo sux for touring with tongue in and is outstanding with tongue out.

Quest 3. Unless you're doing technical scrambling you won't find that much difference between Lupo and HawX. I only found the painpoint when downclimbing mixed snow/ice on my boots. Most people aren't going to do that kind of crap
    How similar is the fit? The Hawx would likely need forefoot punches for me, but the fit in the ankle and heel, and the instep height were about perfect. I'll probably end up with a pair, but prefer 3 piece boots. Should I try on a pair of the Dalbellos before I commit?

ISBD - I thought you were in the RS /RS2? What makes you think lupo?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    How similar is the fit? The Hawx would likely need forefoot punches for me, but the fit in the ankle and heel, and the instep height were about perfect. I'll probably end up with a pair, but prefer 3 piece boots. Should I try on a pair of the Dalbellos before I commit?
    The AX120 Dalbello is a tiny bit higher volume than the XTD. Otherwise both are similar fits ie anatomical lasts. Bot obviously can be punched easily

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    For what its worth, I landed on Lupo 120 AX's because the HawX was not feeling good on my foot. I had issues with the HawX being not quite wide enough, but more importantly having too shallow of an instep. My local shop told me they started carrying the Dalbello due to its increased volume compared to the HawX. Adding a little volume to the HawX probably would have worked, but their fitter was happier with the starting point of the Lupo for me.
    From my experience if the Hawx fit you well you should probably try on the Dalbello's before purchase. Might want to avoid the AX models due to them being wider as well.
    Last edited by Drazzamatazz; 11-21-2018 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Lee beat me.

[QUOTE=mtnwriter;5505133]ISBD - I thought you were in the RS /RS2? What makes you think lupo?

I have F1's as my main boot touring boot in the US. Skis I keep in the Dolomites are set up for RS's which I also use for resort skiing. The RS's are nearly dead. RS 2.0's seem bigger in the heel pocket and smaller around the toes. Not a good change for me.

Need a resort/ travel boot. I don't want an Alpine boot. Lighter boots just feel better to me now. I know Lee skis the F1's and the Hawx, which work/ would work for me. Wondering if the Dalbellos would too.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app
    Last edited by I've seen black diamonds!; 11-21-2018 at 01:23 PM.

The AX120 Dalbello is a tiny bit higher volume than the XTD. Otherwise both are similar fits ie anatomical lasts. Bot obviously can be punched easily
    Thanks. I'll try them on then. I think squeezing a footbed in the Hawx might be tough. I also love an instep buckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazzamatazz View Post
    For what its worth, I landed on Lupo 120 AX's because the HawX was not feeling good on my foot. I had issues with the HawX being not quite wide enough, but more importantly having too shallow of an instep. My local shop told me they started carrying the Dalbello due to its increased volume compared to the HawX. Adding a little volume to the HawX probably would have worked, but their fitter was happier with the starting point of the Lupo for me.
    From my experience if the Hawx fit you well you should probably try on the Dalbello's before purchase. Might want to avoid the AX models due to them being wider as well.
    More forefoot room would be good. Otherwise I need to make it. What about heel/ankle? Are the AX boots bigger than Lupo counterparts there as well?

I’m looking for a Lupo AX 120 in a size 24 if anyone is holding!

Anyone know the major differences between the 130c and the factory?

On paper it’s just the cuff eh, carbon vs ‘fibre’. I’m wondering if there are any other differences on paper, and what the different cuffs relate to on snow?

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    Anyone know the major differences between the 130c and the factory?

On paper it’s just the cuff eh, carbon vs ‘fibre’. I’m wondering if there are any other differences on paper, and what the different cuffs relate to on snow?

I think its just the cuff, Dalbello branded Intuition liner, and the power strap with cam. In theory, the carbon cuff would add some lateral stiffness but I think the 130 is MORE than sufficient and not lacking.

The last couple days I've been skiing 130s with the cork liners out of Nordica Grand Prix's and the boot has felt so great at the resort.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    I think its just the cuff, Dalbello branded Intuition liner, and the power strap with cam. In theory, the carbon cuff would add some lateral stiffness but I think the 130 is MORE than sufficient and not lacking.

The last couple days I've been skiing 130s with the cork liners out of Nordica Grand Prix's and the boot has felt so great at the resort.
    Nice, cheers. Looking to replace my current beat up Lupo Ti plus and trying to work out the differences.

I've said it before and I'll mention it again, I still believe upgrading the power strap does NOT make a difference on a boot like this (tongue with unlocked spine). I'm going to experiment some more between the stock and a Booster (since I've already done the mod last season) to see if I can feel a difference but so far I can't tell. I think that only when you have a solid/locked spine, then you would see more of an effect from a Booster.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    I've said it before and I'll mention it again, I still believe upgrading the power strap does NOT make a difference on a boot like this (tongue with unlocked spine). I'm going to experiment some more between the stock and a Booster (since I've already done the mod last season) to see if I can feel a difference but so far I can't tell. I think that only when you have a solid/locked spine, then you would see more of an effect from a Booster.
    I think the main benefit is the constant tension of an elastic strap, where a static strap will just have that tiny bit of looseness. But the Voile XL straps seem to acheive that as well. Depends on where you put it though. Booster over the tongue: no fucking difference. Over the liner, or I put it hanging over the top of the tongue, then elastic tension works well.

got a pair of these via gear swap this fall
    they seem like they fit ok...still waiting on real snow to arrive
    managed to get one walk in them

it sounds like consensus is that these walk way better with tongues out
    for those that have boots with removable tongues, what's your transition process?
    do you put the tongues in your pack or clip them somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    got a pair of these via gear swap this fall
    they seem like they fit ok...still waiting on real snow to arrive
    managed to get one walk in them

it sounds like consensus is that these walk way better with tongues out
    for those that have boots with removable tongues, what's your transition process?
    do you put the tongues in your pack or clip them somewhere?
    I haven't been out for a tour with them yet, but I was planning on putting the tongues in my pack. Clipping them somewhere seems like they would A. clank around a bunch and B. be liable to fall off, leaving you SOL for your descent and forcing you to screw around with ordering replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    I haven't been out for a tour with them yet, but I was planning on putting the tongues in my pack. Clipping them somewhere seems like they would A. clank around a bunch and B. be liable to fall off, leaving you SOL for your descent and forcing you to screw around with ordering replacements.
    i put them in the top of my pack for the shakeout walk, but they do take up a bunch of space given the 3d nature of them & not foldable

just wondered if others have more of a system in place

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    i put them in the top of my pack for the shakeout walk, but they do take up a bunch of space given the 3d nature of them & not foldable

just wondered if others have more of a system in place
    Toss em in the pack with the beer.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    What about clipping them in under the lid of your backpack with a carabiner. If no lid any compression or ski strap on the backpack should solve any clanking.
    A third idea could be using the skin-bag to hold the tongues together then feed the string on the bag trough the holes in the tongues and clip it in..

Sent fra min Moto G (5) Plus via Tapatalk

Uggggghhhh. You put them in your touring partner’s pack while they aren’t looking. Rookie.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	86624A1E-B712-4A23-BB07-6FD0753AEF09.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	767.0 KB 
ID:	258591

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FF7612AC-95EC-4277-8430-4B4E599F5E1B.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	595.0 KB 
ID:	258592

Last season I was fortunate to get hooked up with some Factory boots. They were a little narrow & slightly ill fitting. They were also a bit stiff, even last Friday night - December 1st.

This season I scored some AX 120. They fit much better & I’m looking forward to a little softer, flex a little better.

My quandary is do I harvest the carbon cuff & make a “Fat Factory” as was done earlier in this thread.

Would help the carvability, yet may make the absorbtion lesser. Thoughts?

Your boot wouldn't be softer, it would be the same stiffness cuz I believe they have the same tongue and the carbon cuff is what makes up the extra stiffness.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by markcjr View Post
    Your boot wouldn't be softer, it would be the same stiffness cuz I believe they have the same tongue and the carbon cuff is what makes up the extra stiffness.

Actually the 120 IS softer due to the different material used in the lower...I think? LeeLau seemed to find a stiffness difference between the 130 and 120.

iriponsnow, have you looked back in this thread or in the other Lupo thread? One person has experimented with this, pretty sure he used the 125 boot to get the stiffer Grilamid of the 130 but a wider 100 last. I only see the carbon cuff adding a touch of lateral stiffness for FIRM snow responsiveness but whether its enough to be even noticeable?

Yeah I could totally be wrong, don't know where I heard that. On a side note I want a soft tongue for touring. Anyone know where I can get 100 or 115 flex tongue. Sz 28.5 that would fit 130 carbon t.i.?