Views:	324 
Size:	735.6 KB 
ID:	213807

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lupo2.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	796.7 KB 
ID:	213808

sorry about poor photo quality. I haven't upgraded my iphone4. All money has been spent on expensive ski boots, snowmobiles, hoarding STH/FFG/916s + Rossi Sickles. Hope that helps. I highly recomend this, I find it makes change overs easier with out changing the pressure from the buckle very much. I don't really need to put much downward force on that lower buckle anyway, but I think foot shape/instep height is the biggest factor with that.

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    sorry about poor photo quality. I haven't upgraded my iphone4. All money has been spent on expensive ski boots, snowmobiles, hoarding STH/FFG/916s + Rossi Sickles. Hope that helps. I highly recomend this, I find it makes change overs easier with out changing the pressure from the buckle very much. I don't really need to put much downward force on that lower buckle anyway, but I think foot shape/instep height is the biggest factor with that.
    Awesome, thanks. So you find that you dont really need that front buckle when touring? I wouldnt want my foot sliding around too much, so do you tour with the middle buckle on?
    Last edited by jdadour; 10-14-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Thanks for the pics
    Life is not lift served.

Ya that looks slick. I don't put much force on that buckle either. Probably do up the instep buckle first to keep it lined up and protect the tongue/shell connector pin I guess

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post

Name:	lupo.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	735.6 KB 
ID:	213807

Name:	lupo2.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	796.7 KB 
ID:	213808
    ^this is what makes this place great.

Props / Respect

FWIW - I like the bottom strap for some extra stability & would likely not perform this mod, but damn- props for working that out.

Thanks fellas. Jdadour I don't need that bottom buckle for touring. I just have my instep buckle done up to keep my heel in place and that's it. I leave the upper cuff with enough pressure to keep in closed and power strap together but with no pressure. All personal preference stuff.

If the buckle nor tongue doesn’t attach to the medial side what’s the point? Cool boot mod none the less.

cheers. putting the buckle on the tongue defently changes how the pressure is applied, so I don' think this would work for all footshapes/preferences. For me its great and fits just as well as stock, makes change over easier, stores some extra hardware for emergencies.

Does the LUPO AX 120 have the MY FIT heat moldable shells?

I am wondering if I can heat mold the LUPO AX 120 shells?

Just got my pair of Lupo AX 120s, and also wanted to share some initial thoughts. Big thanks to LeeLau for starting this thread and bringing some attention to this boot, because I think its a legit touring boot option as opposed to Lupo Factory/Carbon and Lupo 130 which are heavier and seem like more of a crossover boot. I also have a pair of Lupo Carbons and Lupo Ti (bright green), so will eventually share some thoughts comparing all 3.

From initial floor testing, it definitely softer than a Lupo 130 flex, but it is mainly due to the liner. The Lupo AX120 liner has great mobility and super smooth ROM, but it is soft. I put in the stiffer tongue liner from the Lupo Carbon, and noticed the flex was stiffer. And then next put in the intuition flex/wrap liners from my Lupo Ti and flex got even more stiff. Even with the "M" tongues, which are supposedly a bit softer than the stiffer "B" tongues (BTW i did a hand flex comparison of the M vs B and could not tell the difference), in conjuction with a stiffer liner the Lupo AX 120 feel pretty damn similar in flex to the Lupo Carbon.

I then put in the B tongues from the Carbons, and it seems like it is slightly stiffer than the M tongues. But I think I need to get these on the slopes to really be able to discern the difference.

Any thoughts on the Lupo vs. solly mtn lab? Picked up a pair of labs but have yet to ski them. I've always been a fan of Dalbello because their three-buckle system works well for me. Trying to weigh that benefit plus more ROM vs weight savings/everyone raves about the labs

Quote Originally Posted by COMd11 View Post
    Any thoughts on the Lupo vs. solly mtn lab? Picked up a pair of labs but have yet to ski them. I've always been a fan of Dalbello because their three-buckle system works well for me
    They ski differently but have similar flex. The Solly Flex comes on quickly like most AT boots. The Dalbello initially feels softer but it's because of it's beautiful progressive flex.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    They ski differently but have similar flex. The Solly Flex comes on quickly like most AT boots. The Dalbello initially feels softer but it's because of it's beautiful progressive flex.

Ooh interesting. How snug do the Dalbello's feel compared to the Mtn Labs? Thinking about the 98 vs 100mm last

So the orange AX125-c is a slightly lighter, slightly stiffer grilamid/carbon replica of the blue AX120?
    Life is not lift served.

Where can I find replacement tongues for the Lipo, looking for the c

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by COMd11 View Post
    Ooh interesting. How snug do the Dalbello's feel compared to the Mtn Labs? Thinking about the 98 vs 100mm last
    My 100mm lasted AX120s were about as snug at heel and had more for and forefoot room then Mtn Lab

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    My 100mm lasted AX120s were about as snug at heel and had more for and forefoot room then Mtn Lab

Awesome thanks! Looks like I might need to try a pair before I commit completely to the labs

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    So the orange AX125-c is a slightly lighter, slightly stiffer grilamid/carbon replica of the blue AX120?
    Pretty much. Slightly different liner and not carbon but some kind of composite back. I find them to be quite close to the 130 in terms of flex.

Anyone want to trade? I have Dalbello Lupo AX120 touring boots - 10 days of use sz 27. Would like to be in a size 26

EDIT _ forgot to update. They sold alarmingly quickly
    Last edited by LeeLau; 12-25-2017 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TGReek View Post
    Any thoughts on the Lupo vs. solly mtn lab? Picked up a pair of labs but have yet to ski them. I've always been a fan of Dalbello because their three-buckle system works well for me. Trying to weigh that benefit plus more ROM vs weight savings/everyone raves about the labs
    You need to try them. I tried both boots and went Mtn Lab due to the better heel hold. The toe box is definately tighter in the Lab, but I'd rather do some stretching where needed then be adding pads to try to take up room.

I also tried the Hawx Ultra XTD 120, (all boots size 28). The atomic was by far the tightest fit and best heel hold. However, for my foot, I was between sizes in the Atomic, 28 was just too short, and 29 was probably going to be too long. Interestingly, the Mt Labs had the walk mode, (least amount of friction) which really surprised me cause I had heard great things about the Hawx in that regard. All carpet testing, so YMMV, but the difference in friction was quite noticable between the Lab and Hawx. Also, the Labs were 10 grams lighter that the Hawx with stock liners.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada29er View Post
    You need to try them.
    I’ll second that, with exactly the opposite reaction to fit. I’ve always fit well in Dalbello boots (narrow forefoot and heel - high instep.) In fact, I’m still rocking an old pair of Sherpas that I’ve modded with a beefier Full Tilt tongue and a booster strap to make them a little more charge capable. Even though I really like the weight, walkability, and flex of the MTNs they created some awful pressure points for me when buckled tightly. I haven’t been in the new Lupos yet, but both the Lupos and the MTNs seem to have really specific fits that may or may not work for your foot.

Any other first hand input? Not alot of reviews out there.

Coming from Titans, these will also be a one boot quiver. Pushing Hoji's in bc, and 190 Bibby's inbounds. PNW with very heavy snow and mostly uphill skinning and some bare ground hiking.

Thanks!

I’m in the Factory..... &!what a freaking boot!

Went skining the other day & forgot my skins..... pulled the tongues & bootpacked with the group....... so much comfort without the tongue.

Ripping round hill, they are not my usual plugs, but near 90% capable. Driving big skis & even clunky 2x4’s (I’m a tester for ExoticSkis- we get some great & some gnarly garage stuff....been out on some gnar of late...) Never an issue!

Most of my skis are 184cm-193 boards. No Dentist sticks.