Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Dunno. Email Dalbello? Which is also volkl Griffon..right. Or is it a diff owner

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Have you skied the 120s on any other skis other than the Hoji? What length Hoji are they? I bet the full rocker is whats contributing to the imbalance. It seems like the sweet spot on those could be pretty small, and you would have to ski them pretty centered. Also wondering that if they are the 187s, they might be too short. I am going away from my Belafonte 186 Triple Cambers because i felt something similar due to the fact that they are a touch too short and lack the longer effective edge and stiffness of the OG Belafontes.

FWIW, one day I skied some pretty aggressive top to bottom laps at mammoth with my 120s, Navis Freebirds, and Tectons, and they felt REAL solid.
    Had one day on 187 hoji with my titans before making the shift to lupo. Was a shit day so non conclusive. Have skied my bibby 190s with the lupo and felt the fold. Most evident when hitting a deep patch of very wet snow at speed, or when carving a turn at speed and trying to tighten it up/bend the ski more mid way through.

Agreed the rockered hoji contributes though.

What length bibby tours did you get?

Your freebirds are 185 with lots of camber, right?

Appreciate the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by BCJC View Post
    Had one day on 187 hoji with my titans before making the shift to lupo. Was a shit day so non conclusive. Have skied my bibby 190s with the lupo and felt the fold. Most evident when hitting a deep patch of very wet snow at speed, or when carving a turn at speed and trying to tighten it up/bend the ski more mid way through.

Agreed the rockered hoji contributes though.

What length bibby tours did you get?

Your freebirds are 185 with lots of camber, right?

Appreciate the feedback.
    Navis Freebirds are 185 and have camber, I wouldnt call it LOTS though. Got the 190 Bibby Tours and have very high hopes for them.

I think you might be expecting too much from the Lupo 120. I wouldnt be surprised to hear that it would fold in that situation with that big of a ski. Hopefully Dalbello makes a 130 flex touring boot at a lower weight soon. That would solve all our problems.

I haven't bothered listing yet but I;m going to sell my Dalbello Lupo AX130 which i got from this forum - EDIT - i bought from Reemdog Same price i paid $ 350 USD + shipping

Wait - what size?

Come on 26.5 or maybe they’re sized down?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I haven't bothered listing yet but I;m going to sell my Dalbello Lupo AX130 which i got from this forum - EDIT - i bought from Reemdog Same price i paid $ 350 USD + shipping
    Lee, did you ever review them anywhere?

What are your thoughts on the 130 vs 120? Could you tell much of a difference?

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Does everyone else's boots have "Lupo AX100" stamped on the inside of the main shell?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180913_072909.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	777.5 KB 
ID:	247197

Also, the upper buckle has two positions available. Is this more for fitment, ie calf muscle position/thickness etc, or would the higher position engage the cuff and tongue in a way to allow more leverage?

Does everyone else's boots have "Lupo AX100" stamped on the inside of the main shell?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180913_072909.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	777.5 KB 
ID:	247197
    I think that may refer to the AX series being a 100mm last. But, I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Come on 26.5 or maybe they’re sized down?

They're 26.5

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Lee, did you ever review them anywhere?
    Just the AX120 on NS which I had in size 27.5 which was too big

What are your thoughts on the 130 vs 120? Could you tell much of a difference?

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app
    Too freaking stiff for me ...

So are these the ax 130 - C? If so I’ve got dibs pending some pics. I know dibs probably don’t mean dick around here anymore.

Didn't know they made an ax130. Thought it just went ax120 to 130c

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    So are these the ax 130 - C? If so I’ve got dibs pending some pics. I know dibs probably don’t mean dick around here anymore.
    Correct 130C. AX just means that it's slightly wider. Pics sent

Correct 130C. AX just means that it's slightly wider. Pics sent
    Roger. Surprised the 120 and 130 so diff in flex. Same AIR liner?

Also I hate that liner

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Roger. Surprised the 120 and 130 so diff in flex. Same AIR liner?

Also I hate that liner

Can you weigh the shells of your 130s? What size are they? I got the 120s for the weight savings, now wondering if they really are that much lighter. And yes, the liners are garbage.

120ax in 27.5 with booster straps. Boosters are 35 grams more than stock strap (Boosters are hardly a weight penalty, and well worth it):

- Shells with tongue: 1494 grams
    - Tongues: 160 grams
    - Stock liners: 343 grams
    - Pro Tour MV 28: 281 grams

Can you weigh the shells of your 130s? What size are they? I got the 120s for the weight savings, now wondering if they really are that much lighter. And yes, the liners are garbage.

120ax in 27.5 with booster straps. Boosters are 35 grams more than stock strap (Boosters are hardly a weight penalty, and well worth it):

- Shells with tongue: 1494 grams
    - Tongues: 160 grams
    - Stock liners: 343 grams
    - Pro Tour MV 28: 281 grams
    I'll do this today.

Boosters are indeed sweet. I have them on all my inbounds boots. I am currently in love with my XL voile strap mod for backcountry use - lighter than stock and maybe better rebound than boosters. I am going to do an A/B on my kryptons with one voile and one booster and see which rules supreme.

Have my eye on that intuition tour wrap. i've never actually bought an intuition liner (despite owning a bunch) and kinda am balking at the price tag

1750 grams without liners and without power straps for 28.5. Straps weigh 50g

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    How did you remove the bolts for the front buckle on the inner side of the boot? I tried to remove mine with a 3.5mm allen key, which is the right size for the fitting, but it stripped the hex hole. And upon further tooling, the metal of the bolt is really soft and seems to be a rivet instead of screw. Did you grind them off?

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    I am going to do an A/B on my kryptons with one voile and one booster and see which rules supreme
    Keep us posted. I'm super curious about this one. Been using Boosters for 10+ years, but I'm always interested in new ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    Keep us posted. I'm super curious about this one. Been using Boosters for 10+ years, but I'm always interested in new ideas.
    Im getting some Voile XL straps to try it too. Seems like a great option, and Margo is raving about them.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    After putting on my 130Cs the other day for the first time this season and examining the flex, I'm of the opinion there is no difference in flex between a Booster and any other type of strap for this type of boot. A Booster is designed to attach to a rigid spine and offer a rebound of the shin/leg back to the original spine position. Since these boots are three piece and the spine is NOT fixed and rely instead on the stiffness of the tongue, the Booster or any other strap simply acts as a way to tighten the cuff of the boot around the leg. Just flex the boot hard to see. With the Lupos there is no stretch and rebound of a Booster whereas there would be on a 2 or 3 piece boot with locked/rigid spine.

Lee: Having tested both the ax 120 and the Atomic hawx XTD 130, can you share a few comparison points?

Specifically interested in:
    -touring (ROM, ease of change over, walking/scrambling etc)
    -skiing (in your hawx article you really emphasize the progressive and stiff nature of the hawx, which is really what I'm looking for. In your ax 120 article, you say " Put plainly every other touring boot I've skied feels like sub-par compared to how the Lupo AX120 skis". Can you expand on the differences a bit? FWIW I live on the island and ski similar snowpack)

Many, many thanks for your efforts.

Lee: Having tested both the ax 120 and the Atomic hawx XTD 130, can you share a few comparison points?

Specifically interested in:
    -touring (ROM, ease of change over, walking/scrambling etc)
    -skiing (in your hawx article you really emphasize the progressive and stiff nature of the hawx, which is really what I'm looking for. In your ax 120 article, you say " Put plainly every other touring boot I've skied feels like sub-par compared to how the Lupo AX120 skis". Can you expand on the differences a bit? FWIW I live on the island and ski similar snowpack)
    ROM - HawX wins unless you take out AX120 tongue
    Change over - HawX wins hands down
    Walking/scrambling. HawX wins unless you take out AX120 tongue

Skiiing. Lupo is a linear flex. There's not much progression. To me this means Lupo skis with massive small bump absorption and wins on smoothness. I love that feel. Some may not The HawX is more a progressive flex where there's initial resistance to overcome then the resistance ramps up. To me that's a tie since it's individual preference