4FRNT Devastator vs. ON3P Cartel. Any Reviews/Comparison of Both?

Big fan of the 4FRNT lineup for the last decade or so.

Ex racer, ex coach, skiing for over 30 years, go to for the last 15 years is Kicking Horse, the Roger's Pass, Revy.

Have the EHP 193 as my daily driver. Also have a backup pair unmounted.

Also have the EHP 186 for slower days and jibby stuff around the mountain. And have another pair as my touring setup.

Renegade 186 for the really deep fun days.

Looking for a twin for the fun days cruising/jibbing around the mountain, days after the storm, that can still charge in chopped, mank, 5 day mashed potatoes in the process of packing up, and that will still handle a surprise deep day, and crusing with the wife. Currently using the EHP 186 for these purposes.

I've read the reviews and was set on the Devastator in a 184, until I saw the Cartel.

Anyone spent time on both?

Comparison?

I ski from the center (love the new school forward mounts on the EHP, Renegade and the like) and use lots of lateral movement...try to channel my inner Hoji.

Not convinced Reflect tech works for anything besides very 3D snow, having inadvertently folded my tips skiing the Renegade on hardpack on-camber/closing rollers and whales a couple of times the first couple of days I was getting used to them. In 3d snow, these and the EHP's have no equals, IMHO.

This ski would be a replacement for the EHP 186, which I'm currently using for the purposes noted above.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 04-07-2017 at 04:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

I scooped some Devs this year and freaking love them. If you ski centered, they should be right up your alley. They destroy chop and 'taters and, so long as you keep your speed up, float well enough in pow. They're also shockingly good on firm groomers - like tip them over and drag a hip good.

Can't speak to the Kartels, though.

I'll take those EHPs off your hands, if you're dumping them

Thanks for the review and info.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    I'll take those EHPs off your hands, if you're dumping them
    You'll have to pry them from my cold dead ... well maybe that's​ a bit extreme, but you get the idea.

Devs will crush mank better. Kartels will be better for surprise pow days. More effective edge on the Devs. More rocker on the kartels. The kartel seems to fit in between the size gaps of the devastator. You really can't go wrong with either.

On3p for durability

Quote Originally Posted by aevergreene View Post
    On3p for durability
    I've had a lot of 4frnt for a lot of years. Zero durability issues.

Durability is not a variable under consideration. Both are bomber.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    those Praxis Rx you got will last forever.
    I havent skied them yet, the build quality is right up there with On3p.
    Last edited by aevergreene; 04-15-2017 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Zero durability issues.
    Wish I could say the same

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Wish I could say the same

Yeah, 4FRNT makes some thin edges and soft bases, probably the fastest bases I've ever been on. Even faster than my ON3P, but soft.

I haven't skied on the Devys, but Ive done a lot of looking into them and I do own the Kartels. The Kartels are amazing. They hold a pretty good edge, handle powder just fine, and are just a super poppy playful durable ski that can charge. The Kartel 108 would be great. If you have any specific questions on the Kartel just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencon View Post
    Yeah, 4FRNT makes some thin edges and soft bases, probably the fastest bases I've ever been on. Even faster than my ON3P, but soft.

I haven't skied on the Devys, but Ive done a lot of looking into them and I do own the Kartels. The Kartels are amazing. They hold a pretty good edge, handle powder just fine, and are just a super poppy playful durable ski that can charge. The Kartel 108 would be great. If you have any specific questions on the Kartel just ask.
    FTR, I totally blame Elan for my EHP issues