Might break some stuff today

Hey guys,

I'm going to activate SSL site-wide today. Some browsers might give you a mixed-content warning while I hunt down external assets still referencing http:// locations.

Why?

BTW - you guys will make less money from your ads going SSL... just a heads up.

It's good to have for things like sign-in forums, etc.

Activating it site-wide makes it a bit easier to maintain, and Google recently announced that they will give SSL pages a slight SEO bump.

People have also been pushing for it with the latest ISP privacy concerns.

Got word that the app is not playing nice with the new settings. I'll turn off SSL enforcement for the app only and wait over the weekend for the new version to update on everyone's devices.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    People have also been pushing for it with the latest ISP privacy concerns.
    Comcast / Time Warner, etc. can still see exactly what page you are on and collect that information regardless of it being secure or not. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Comcast / Time Warner, etc. can still see exactly what page you are on and collect that information regardless of it being secure or not. Just saying.
    Anybody intercepting SSL traffic (including ISPs) can only see the IP address of both the client & server, and maybe the domain name, depending on the server configuration.

In the case of this page, that would be your IP, 146.20.41.5, and maybe tetongravity.com (never the full URI or /forums/showthread.php/310908-Might-break-some-stuff-today?p=4990084#post4990084)

The app update should have hit most everybody, so I turned SSL enforcement back on for the app. Let me know if you get any errors.