Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Gary, those Norwegian fishing village girls have thighs like WWE wrestlers. You be karevul. You don't want a broken pelvis.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

M/C>Visa>>>AmEx as far as acceptance rates. That said, I almost never had a problem paying with a CC through euroland.

That reminds me, I need to get some Canadian pesos.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Some ATMs will ask if you'd like to convert to the local currency, always select the option to continue WITHOUT conversion. Your bank will do the conversion at a better rate than what the ATM operator will give you.

Good one. Thanks. Just digging into my first pretzel, weissbier & weiner wurster!! sehr gut!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Make sure to sew a little US flag onto your back pack, they love Americans over there.

Exchange rate question. Should I change $ for € before I go.

I'm not sure I'd go that far, but I find the "they hate Americans over there" to be a lot of bullshit when I travel. Everybody seems to ask me some version of: "what the fuck is going on over there?"

Hmmmmm haven't been to Syria tho...
    Last edited by plugboots; 04-07-2017 at 12:33 PM.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Isn't Gary Canadian?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I think that was Iceman's point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Isn't Gary Canadian?
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I think that was Iceman's point?
    Yeah I thought it was pretty obvious but...

In Amsterdam we watched a skit show about how Americans can make people think they're Canadian. On the schedule for the next week--how Germans can make people think they're Dutch. (The comedy group was American). Anywhere we've been in Europe people have treated us like they do here. Some people are cold and rude--generally service people who seem to be sick of tourists in general, and some people very friendly--basically anyone you have a non-service interaction with. I wouldn't wear a MAGA hat, though.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Make sure to sew a little US flag onto your back pack, they love Americans over there.
    Duno if its true but the idea that Americans will sew on the Canadian flag is kind of an urban legend up here, but in yurp they can tell if yer a canuck when they see out door clothing with the MEC logo and if they see the Taiga brand you are obviously from Vancouver

I found all french to be very nice, spanish could be kind of short but I took that as their manner and that madrid cab driver i got into the big argument with was just being in character
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Duno if its true but the idea that Americans will sew on the Canadian flag is kind of an urban legend up here, but in yurp they can tell if yer a canuck when they see out door clothing with the MEC logo and if they see the Taiga brand you are obviously from Vancouver

I found all french to be very nice, spanish could be kind of short but I took that as their manner and that madrid cab driver i got into the big argument with was just being in character
    I thought it was interesting that in Madrid no one seemed to speak English but in Barcelona most people did.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I thought it was interesting that in Madrid no one seemed to speak English but in Barcelona most people did.
    Did you go to a bullfight in Madrid?

Interesting observation, I didnt make it to Barcelona, maybe there is more english spoken because of more tourists ??
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Well in Barcelona they don't want to speak Spanish, and nobody on the planet speaks Catalan but them, so many of them learn English.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    We did not.
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Well in Barcelona they don't want to speak Spanish, and nobody on the planet speaks Catalan but them, so many of them learn English.
    They also don't allow bullfighting.
    We arrived in Barcelona on Catalunya Day--the bus from the airport couldn't get us anywhere near the plaza where they were supposed to drop us off. Lots of Catalan flags; never saw a Spanish flag the whole time we were there. Barcelona was the last hold out against Franco; I visited the Montjuic castle where he kept, tortured, and executed prisoners. Lots of kids were visiting that day. There is not a single sign in the place explaining what happened there. The civil war is still an open wound in Spain.
    Oh, and they took our Visa cards there.

One other word of warning about credit cards--if you have a Wells Fargo card in France it might take you a while to get it back. The clerks seem to be fascinated by the horse drawn stagecoach and want to show it to everyone in the store. (Next time I go there I might wear my western boots and get a cowboy hat--they'll probably treat me like royalty.)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    We did not.
    Too bad. It may have been the highlight of my time in Madrid. One of these days I'll post a TR in the right forum.

Too bad. It may have been the highlight of my time in Madrid. One of these days I'll post a TR in the right forum.
    I have no interest but I have to admit, it's a little fairer fight than shooting feral boars with an AR 15 from a helicopter.

On acid?
    I still call it The Jake.