Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: FFI17.a

FFI17.a

So, it appears the first Fontenelle Fishing Invitational is a go for 4/20-4/23. Much like a BBI it isn't really an invitational, show up and fish. I plan on heading up Thursday afternoon with SFB and Iceman in tow. Hoping to get Lumpy in on the action, he was a go a couple weeks ago.

I should be ready to wield a fairy wand for the first time in a lot of years, I also reserve the right to dunk worms as well, and Iceman has that as his plans. So, if you're a purist just don't watch us.

I'm thinking Slate Creek as a rally/camping spot, if anyone has any better ideas let them fly.

Who's in?
    Last edited by BobMc; 04-04-2017 at 08:56 PM.

sounds like a blast!

My crew is doing Wed-Sat. If Slate Ck is the designated spot, we'll get there and hold it down for yas. I've never been there, so trusting you and Dibs on that.
    There isn't a meal plan, per se, but we will have a full kitchen and provide at least a breakfast and a dinner.
    Dibs said I should bring my groover. Are there no shitters? Is there a camping fee? Are there tables?

Would be nice to get a head count. There will also be guys from that other chat room.
    Also need a boat count.

There are shitters (not sure on the seasonal use of them though? Dibs can expand?), no camping fee, tables. The place is pretty money considering the exorbitant price of nothing.

We'll talk when it gets sooner, I'm pretty keen on the meal plan, half of having fun on this shit is eating.

There are shitters and they were open and functional 2 weekends ago. There was also a significant amount of dead deer for some reason.

For you guys coming from out of state don't forget to stop in Kemmerrerrrerrr to get your licenses and boat stickers. Or anything else you need. There isn't anything out by the river.
    Last edited by dfinn; 04-05-2017 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    boat stickers.
    Please elaborate on the boat sticker. This is new information for me.

Invasive species thing. $15. Anywhere that sells fishing licenses also carries these.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Fishing-and-Boa...tion/AIS-Decal

Pretty certain I am in for Friday and Saturday. I can bring a boat as well. Will most likely drag my camper up as well.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Please elaborate on the boat sticker. This is new information for me.
    Invasive inspection?

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Invasive inspection?
    Si senor
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Invasive inspection?
    Full cavity search!

I'm on shift the 22nd, supposed to be in class the 20th, if I can make that up another time I'm in, can roll down on Weds.

depending on weather I'll either head up thursday or friday after work. I can bring the boat if it's needed.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    sounds like a blast!
    Agree - will be living vicariously through those who attend - I hope there is a TR.

I just bought my AIS sticker online. Guessing I still have to go to somewhere for an actual inspection. Is this the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    I just bought my AIS sticker online. Guessing I still have to go to somewhere for an actual inspection. Is this the case?
    Depends if the station that you see when you cross the border is open or not. Last time I was up there, entering in from Evanston, it wasn't open so we didn't have to do anything. They usually have them at the same weighing stations that the truckers have to stop at, right at or near the state border.

Depends if the station that you see when you cross the border is open or not. Last time I was up there, entering in from Evanston, it wasn't open so we didn't have to do anything. They usually have them at the same weighing stations that the truckers have to stop at, right at or near the state border.
    Yea, only if you roll by a watercraft inspection station that is open. I wouldn't expect them to be open this time of year.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Icemanbaitdunksingreenjeans
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I'll dunk worms, fly fish, wade with a minnow net, lie in the sun and nap, I don't care

Bob just clued me into the fact that this thread exists. Some sort of a food plan seems like a good idea. Where is this place anyways? All I know is I'm meeting Dibs at his house. Dibs you should work Monday and Tuesday and we'll take off Wednesday with Kessler. I have shit to do in the valley anyways, I want to go to Sports Loft and that could take all day, plus there's some car stuff etc. I need to do. We can stay in a hotel somewhere Wed. nite, and go to the place Thurs.

I guess we need to figure out how many people there are and go from there for a food plan.

#Icemanmakesplansinjeans

A hotel? Wtf

I was a Boy Scout for a year, so my motto is be semi-prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I guess we need to figure out how many people there are and go from there for a food plan.
    Thanks for stepping up.
    Since you're a JONG over here, it shows a lot of class by taking the reins for the catering. Just so you know, lunches are usually BYO. Also, we may have a gluten free guest joining us.

Tight lines!

A hotel? Wtf
    who knows. it's a work in progress.

But I'll bring enough beef jerky and ramen for everyone, maybe I can find some pickled eggs for breakfasts.

I've got gout issues so the jerky as a staple isn't going to work for me. Please submit another catering plan.