Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    What they biting on?
    Name:  worms.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  106.5 KB

On the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    On the road.

Ya baby!! You fishing Saturday? That is sadly probably going to be my only day on the water
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Another great trip is behind us. Thanks for making it happen fellas.

We knew the fishing would suck, and it did. We knew the wind would blow, and it did. We knew we would have a great time with old and new friends, and we did. I don't have a photo for proof, but I can confirm that Iceman does fish in jeans.

We rolled deep.

Mostly threw meat.

Floated around Wyoming.

We ate like kings.

Harassed some wildlife. The birding was really good.

We drove around Wyoming. We were lucky enough to find a bar open at 9am. Benny is a local, of course.

I pissed in a urinal full of ice, which was more entertaining than you might think.

Awesome time. I'll be back for sure.

That was entertaining! Thanks for the highlife and breakfast burrito. Hopefully run into you guys out your way this summer.

It was a great time indeed. Bummed we didn't get there in time to fish with you. Luckily we made up for it with drinking and eating. Im still wrapping my mind around Underoos as a white wine drinker.
    Fishing was rugged. We did manage a couple.

And more importantly I managed to restock before we crossed over the Zion curtain.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

sweet pics!

It was Iceman's wine...

Did anyone find my trailer license plate? It seems to have gone awol.

Holy fuck that was a good time! I didn't think it was possible but I did find out you can actually be too high to fish. Three of Iceman's coffee bean treats is definitely the limit for me and I'm not sure I want to go back there again.

The fishing sucked but the drinking was great. First time I've ever been skunked at the Fonts, realized I wasn't on my usual worm game on the ride home. I think the dog is going to sleep for two days, four days of a dog party was a bit much for her.

Thanks to everyone for coming and pitching in on whatever, you all made it a success. Even though no fishes were caught a lot of laughs were had.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image9.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	204896

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	810.3 KB 
ID:	204897

Name:	image2.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	204898

Name:	image3.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	204899

Name:	image4.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	204900

Name:	image5.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	204901

Name:	image6.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	204903

Name:	image7.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	871.6 KB 
ID:	204904

Name:	image8.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	204906

might be too high to catch anything

...tried to telll you two beans was enough, Bob. ha.

Awesome time, glad to hang with old friends and new. I totally chilled yesterday and I think I'm still hung over. Bob and Dibs if you get a chance send me some pics by email or text I didn't take a single one. Thanks.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    drove thru some snows

knew thered be plenty of water

was hopin to camp riverside but the neighbors were resting and frankly they reeked

a local lurker from the drakes came down and brought his cute young god

got the float on
    the roos crew pulled in from co with enough time to float

and provide double pork sustenance sammies

bmc and the iceyone showed up with the party command center aka the cougar den

420 was da kine of blur
    thc infused coffee beaners, bubba cusher rootbeer 1/2 baked floats, 7 layered pots salad doobers administered thru 1977 buzz enhancement paraphernalia, some of them new fangled vapo cart hitters hell i think the bacon had thc's in it

iceman floated in jeans

bmc manned the sticks

and i thinks i got a rainbows to eat the heaviest fly i could throw

things got blurry

im pretty sure everybody caught a buzz

i thinks the iceman won the intertubez that night w/out even loggin on
    i may haz only got ones fishes but im pretty sure i scored a pb if i were to quantify thc consumptions
    there musta been dinner

road tripped the next morn to labarge for supplies and a bloody or 3

fuck him

and those two in the ass with a dildo of melted lead shot

did i mention iceman eagle watched in jeans?
    photobuckets fuckin in full suck mode right now
    more laters
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

noice!

I fell in the river.

I may have been buzzed.

Well more like slid/fell into the river, I stepped out onto the bank and it was super slick and gave away under my foot and I went down like a ton of bricks. And got wet. Water was only like 18 inches deep if that. But still.

But, and this is true, I didn't spill my beer.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    the beer save was impressive and you werent wearing jeans which woulda sucked mur

mur birds

mur gods

mur iceman rows in jeans

mur fishin

mur catchin

mur buzz catchin

sunsets

rises

mur floatin

mur cheeze whiz

mur beards

mur mutton

mur birds 4 bunny

thanks for showin up and sharing
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

franzia!

I didn't even know there was such a thing as Solo shot glasses until this trip. I was pretty familiar with them by the end, though.

DAMN! Looks like a blast!
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

LaBarge looks better than I remember. Not much better, but some.

FFI17.b is happening this upcoming weekend. SFB and I are rolling up on Thursday afternoon, the Fugitive sometime as well.

A marked difference in fish catching on this trip, the drinking and buzzcatching remained the same. As usual SFB is indeed the best fishing bud. It was fun being a part of the new little guy figuring it all out, the dogs had more fun than we did. Good time fishing with the Fugitive and family, by the time they rolled up on Saturday I was pretty lubed up and didn't get any pics. Drinking by their campfire was Saturday's night entertainment, by the time the night was over I had lost the ability to ascertain which direction my campsite was in, thank goodness for dogs that know their way home.

Name:	IMG_6716(1).jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	210603

Name:	IMG_6722.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	210604

Name:	IMG_6727.jpg 
Size:	975.0 KB 
ID:	210605

Name:	IMG_6732.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	210606

Name:	IMG_6754.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	877.4 KB 
ID:	210607

Name:	IMG_6737.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	210608

Name:	IMG_6738.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	981.0 KB 
ID:	210609

Name:	IMG_6745.jpg 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	210610

PS The picture uploader is still fucked.

FFI17.c is being arranged. Sept. 29th through October 1st. So far SFB, Lumpy, and myself are committed. Should be a good time, the fishing is usually pretty well this time of year. I'm thinking the Slate Creek party central spot. Saturday will be the last day for fishing from the dam, it's a longer fish into camp Sunday to Slate than Weepy.

I'm pretty lucky to have friends like Dibs and Dan. Last year Dan (aka Lumpy) gave me a fly rod when we went up to the Fonts. Dibs gave me a reel spooled with line. I'd used it a few times on earlier trips this year but hadn't caught anything.

SFB (aka Dibs) headed up to the Fonts on Thursday after a Healing Waters event he rowed. He scored us the last campsite at Weeping Rock as it appeared most of Utah had headed up there. I was hoping for Party Central at Slate but it wasn't to be. We headed up as early as we could on Friday, got there in time to pick up Dibs at Hay Farm.

He did well floating to there and we headed back to Weepy to finish the night off with some elk tenderloins and hot dogs. The rest of the weekend was a blur of fish catching, wine/beer drinking, rowing, HR Puppystuffs, pigs and a belated news of Cougar winning.

The highlight of the weekend was switching over to fly gear soon after we passed under the bridge past Slate. Normally I throw spinners and such with my spinning rod. This time Dan had tied me up and had my fly rod ready with a nymphing rig. I was pretty much a wreck, but figured it out enough to pull it together and get 6 fish on the line, regretfully I only managed to get one into the boat.

I'm used to using spinning gear and submitting fish to my will into the boat. It was a new experience trying to get them into the boat with a noodle rod and small tippets. Big thanks to Dibs and Dan for putting up with noobness, untangling me even after I grabbed their streamers in mid air to the cause of massive tangleness.

Humorous highlight of the weekend was asking a guy standing on a redd with a guide what color bobber was working best, as I tossed out my worm, heh.

I've got pics and will put them up tomorrow.

If anyone wants to get in on this junk show, it looks like we'll be heading up the 27th through the 29th of October. It should be giggly. (Aka, FFI17.d)