Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: FFI17.a

Tofu. You can do so many things with it!

Looked up where this is, and saw a name I hadn't seen in a long time: La Barge. I spent a summer in my youth building fences there, a mile a day. What a hell hole! When I left, I made a promise to myself to never return. They didn't have the reservoir then. Maybe it's nicer now? Well, you guys have "fun".

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Looked up where this is, and saw a name I hadn't seen in a long time: La Barge. I spent a summer in my youth building fences there, a mile a day. What a hell hole! When I left, I made a promise to myself to never return. They didn't have the reservoir then. Maybe it's nicer now? Well, you guys have "fun".
    Sheesh how old are you? Im pretty sure it was built in 1961...
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Sheesh how old are you? Im pretty sure it was built in 1961...
    Yeah, just looked that up. Started in 61 and finished in 64. In 66 they had to drain the reservoir due to leaks threatening dam failure. I was there in 67 when the reservoir was only partially refilled, which is probably why I don't remember it being there.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Yeah, just looked that up. Started in 61 and finished in 64. In 66 they had to drain the reservoir due to leaks threatening dam failure. I was there in 67 when the reservoir was only partially refilled, which is probably why I don't remember it being there.
    That sounds about right. I used to have a crusty old project superintendent that worked for me who was on the original dam construction crew. Which is how i knew the dates. I am guessing you would find LeBarge hasn't changed much since your fencing days.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

make sure somebody brings the gopro!

tofurkey!

FFI17.a

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    I just bought my AIS sticker online. Guessing I still have to go to somewhere for an actual inspection. Is this the case?
    URoos- if you don't get the AIS sticker before you come up, make sure you print the receipt. If you have to stop at a check station they will likely want to see the receipt. I paid for mine over a month ago and it hasn't appeared in the mail.

-- I might join you guys for a fish. Feeding warm weather salt addiction now. Depends on the ratio of fishing days to family days for the remainder of my vacation. If I come down, I'm happy to bring my boat.
    Last edited by schwerty; 04-07-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Here's an interesting presentation on the dam's near failure in 1965.

https://www.mtech.edu/mwtp/conferenc...la_Tuesday.pdf

Tow vehicle SFB has a fresh batch of erl in her and a lookin' over by my kid, now we just need to get the IceAudi modified to tow the cougar den.

Looks like the fairy wand thing is coming true, Dibs took the reel he gave me and is getting it equipped with line, the rod came from Lumpy, I can't wait to get my nymphing on!

man, already heading to St G. to ride bikes. this sounds like a good time.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Meal Plan.

I'm just kinda wingin' it here. There is a group of us who will be there Wed afternoon - Sat morn. We will provide three dinners and three breakfasts for those days. We are planning our meals for 10 people. That's a bunch of our guys, plus SFB, BobMc, and the jeans guy. I believe the rest of you guys were "maybe, we'll see, depends on weather, I gotta ask my girlfriend, I'm a non-committal pussy," or you're there for different days. If you didn't see your name above, meals have not been planned for you. If I overlooked you, my apologies. There is no meal plan after Saturday morning.

There is a full kitchen if you would like to use it, but it's leaving on Saturday. We will have two easy-ups, but if you have one please bring it and any other camp luxuries you would like to show off. Maybe grab a couple bundles of fire wood.

The flows look to be juuuuust a bit high. Alternative sources of entertainment are welcome.

I can't make it. Bummed. Lookin forward to some stories.

I'm going to have to take over one of those meals. I'll plan on the Friday night meal. I'm experienced in the whole cooking for a bunch of hungry folks, I won't disappoint. I'll also plan on plenty of crap for lunches and snacks. I'll be dragging up the Cougar Den, so far myself, Dibs, and Jeans dude (and possibly my buddy Vince) are sleeping in it. Even if Vince goes I'll still have room for at least one more. (Where are you Lumpy?)

We'll be sure to bring firewood. Be careful with awnings/ez-ups and tents, the wind can come up and be a bit vicious. It's Wyoming, count on a breeze. I'm planning on bringing my pontoon, not sure if I'll be able to use it though. If flows are too bad it'll be just like a cycle, drink till it's over.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    whats goin on?
    include mr toaster
    im fixin root beer floats with my rei shake n bake ice cream ball
    butts i need the hook a bubba up
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

can't wait for a tr. remember kids, only fish breath in water! stay safe!

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I'm going to have to take over one of those meals. I'll plan on the Friday night meal.
    It's all yours.

Andy and I are on the hunt for your root beer, Dibs.
    Thanks for reminding me about Mr. Toaster.

I'm planning on a pulled pork sammie thing for Friday night, I'll include the usual side dishes. If that was one of your plans already let me know and I can pivot. The weather looks fairly reasonable. I'm going to try to work a Wednesday night arrival, we'll see how it goes.

Dibs has me a pretty sweet nymphing rig, I'm looking forward to stacking up some numbers.

I'll kick down cash for food thanks for dealing with that. I'll be driving the allroad to Dibs' house tomorrow so we can do whatever but if we're gonna take it I should get the snows off it so let me know if you think of it.

goin to grab the rubber today
    im thinkin we'll just deflate and/or take the raft frame apart if it wont sit on top the drifty
    im probably gonna leave the god
    as much as i'd like to take him its gonna be a lot for him and me to deal with
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Are you floating on Saturday Dibs? As much as id like to do the whole deal I'm most likely an out and back Saturday thing...
    Life is kickin my ass at the moment.

im in thru sun
    probably do a dp quickie sunday morn
    i scrounged up 5 pfd's could use 1 more
    and a boat net for the raft

Sweet I am planning on bring me my boat along - if it looks like i don't need it let me know.

Y'all catch any yet? Any size?

What they biting on?