Suggestions on a bikepacking/ski trip in CO

I'm looking to log a weekend (probably) in which I'll bike from the car to an aspect to then skin and ski. While possibily logging enough miles to justify camping out at the bottom of the aspect or area I'd be skiing. I live on the front range so I was thinking Rollins Pass to James Peak.

I don't have much knowledge on spots more western within the state (vail/Gore, Summit, and beyond) and any suggestions would be awesome!

Take it easy, all

One the road melts, but before the gate opens, tigiwon road to holy cross fits your bill.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    One the road melts, but before the gate opens, tigiwon road to holy cross fits your bill.
    I was just looking at holy cross, wondering what the bike laws were. I'll look up that road, thank you!

Yeah, Tigiwon road is gated until June 20th every year, but usually melted out about a month prior to that. Homestake Road is similar and would get you access to Savage Peak and a bunch of other cool stuff up above Holy Cross City.

Not sure what route you're thinking for "Rollins Pass to James Peak." There's the Mammoth Gulch Road from Tolland up to the base of James's east face, but it's a pretty easy 4x4 road that you might as well just drive up by the time it's bikeable. If you go up Rollins Pass proper it's the same story re: bike vs. car, and then you have a long traverse along the divide over to James that's in wilderness, so no bikes. South Boulder Creek trail is also in wilderness, no bikes there either.

If you're looking for a singletrack approach, that could be more challenging to find. If you just want to bike up a 4x4 road instead of drive up, there's tons of options.

What time of year are you targeting? Might help narrow in on some options.