Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Fuck these replayed offsides

What a joke
    what I was just going to write

Video replay of offsides is so fucking stupid. It was a bang bang play and was not whistled offside, its garbage to take a goal off the board on that replay.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    what I was just going to write

Video replay of offsides is so fucking stupid. It was a bang bang play and was not whistled offside, its garbage to take a goal off the board on that replay.
    Unless of course, a Penguin goal is disallowed. Then it's great!

Call the embellishment. Pretty weak call to make it 5 on 3.

Conspiracy Theory
    The Pens will get all the brakes because this is what Bettman wants
    I hope I'm proven wrong but it won't happen.
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Good push back by the Preds.

I missed the first two periods. no shots on goal for the pens in the 2nd..? damn

pk is the best worst player in the league

NHL Playoffs 2017

Good way to watch here in Nashville, on a baseball field.

3-3!!!
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Agree with the BS that is video replay on an offsides in hockey. Makes me wonder what people like Bobby Orr think about it.

Great game in any case. The preds can play hockey. I look forward to the rest of the series, hopefully without a repeat cup winner!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

The NHL is taking a page out of the NFL's "is it a catch?" playbook.

Same here on the offsides. If they want to keep using replay for the puck crossing the goal line or goalie interference I'm ok with that, but the offsides is BS. And if they are going to reverse calls it should be for obvious errors--the kind that can be determined in 10 seconds of review; 30 seconds max. I don't think the review of the play last night was definitive--you couldn't tell exactly when the back skate left the ice. (Calling offsides has to be incredibly tough--in baseball close calls at first are made by watching the bag and listening for the ball hitting the first baseman's mitt; in hockey how can a lineman see the attacking players back foot and the puck at the same time--especially if the offsides player isn't near the puck. Disclaimer--I've refereed a little bit but with only one official on the ice you're pretty much reduced to keeping people from killing each other and dropping the puck on faceoffs; I don't think I ever called an offsides.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bronic View Post
    Agree with the BS that is video replay on an offsides in hockey. Makes me wonder what people like Bobby Orr think about it.

Great game in any case. The preds can play hockey. I look forward to the rest of the series, hopefully without a repeat cup winner!!
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Same here on the offsides. If they want to keep using replay for the puck crossing the goal line or goalie interference I'm ok with that, but the offsides is BS. And if they are going to reverse calls it should be for obvious errors--the kind that can be determined in 10 seconds of review; 30 seconds max. I don't think the review of the play last night was definitive--you couldn't tell exactly when the back skate left the ice. (Calling offsides has to be incredibly tough--in baseball close calls at first are made by watching the bag and listening for the ball hitting the first baseman's mitt; in hockey how can a lineman see the attacking players back foot and the puck at the same time--especially if the offsides player isn't near the puck. Disclaimer--I've refereed a little bit but with only one official on the ice you're pretty much reduced to keeping people from killing each other and dropping the puck on faceoffs; I don't think I ever called an offsides.)
    Agree 110% with you both. Goals should be reviewed readily if not automatically. Offsides and goalie interference calls should be a coach's challenge. Losing a timeout if it's not upheld. Or, hell, let's have some fun with it. A one-minute player penalty if you lose your challenge. Yer shorthanded for a minute, choose carefully grasshopper...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Or, hell, let's have some fun with it. A one-minute player penalty if you lose your challenge. Yer shorthanded for a minute, choose carefully grasshopper...
    That would make things interesting but just add to more controversy imo

For the playoffs this offside stupidity has to stop. If the Linesman does not catch it then let it be.....enough
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Yes. If it's too close to call, how much of an advantage is there really?

feel-good story of the day:

Charges filed against a man who threw a catfish onto the ice as the Pittsburgh Penguins and Nashville Predators competed Monday night in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final have been withdrawn.

Once inside PPG Paints Arena, Waddell went to a restroom to remove the fish from his pants, the complaint said. He told authorities that he wrapped it in a free T-shirt and towel that was given out and held onto it until he threw it onto the ice.

"Putting it where it was eventually wasn't that hard because I played ball all of my life so wearing compression shorts wasn't uncomfortable," Waddell told Channel 4's Edward Burch. "Having a gigantic fish down your crotch in compression shorts was uncomfortable, but it was good."

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Octopus=o.k. Hats for a hat trick=o.k. Catfish=not o.k. I guess they just make it up as they go. Enough with the off ice crap.

Preds even it up tonight. 1-1 going back to Smashville.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    Octopus=o.k. Hats for a hat trick=o.k. Catfish=not o.k. I guess they just make it up as they go. Enough with the off ice crap.

Agreed. On both counts.

Oh and add boarding to the long list of no calls in the playoffs...
    Last edited by lifelinksplit; 05-31-2017 at 06:32 PM.

That. Fucking. Horn.

It'll be nice to get the series out of Pitt and away from that stupid horn.

10 seconds in. Own goal. Ripped 2 on 1. Yank him and regroup. Game over.

Malkin and Subban go...never wanted to see Subban win a fight more in my life. Unfortunately uneventful.

^x2
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post

I'm thinking an octopus in your pants would be even more uncomfortable than a catfish.

And, uh ... booyah! Go Penguins!