Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rope Burn Treatment + Preventing Scaring

Well... I'm a dumbass and took a ropeline to the neck a week ago.

Wonder if anyone has any suggestions for treating / preventing scaring when you have a beautiful 5 inch long rope burn on the neck.

Be like Digital death and duck that rope next time.

Quote Originally Posted by straightlineorbust View Post

Wonder if anyone has any suggestions for treating / preventing scaring when you have a beautiful 5 inch long rope burn on the neck.
    Start working on a better story.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Be like Digital death and duck that rope next time.
    Don't worry, I'm bringing my shovel next day I'm out and building a kicker to clear the rope. Fuck ducking, I wanna soar.

Quote Originally Posted by straightlineorbust View Post

Wear it with pride that you survived a hanging, chicks dig scars.

The best way to prevent scaring is to wear a scarf until it heals.
    (True story--I did an carotid artery operation on a minor member of the defense team of a certain ex football player accused of slashing his wife's throat. This was well after the trial of said football player. The patient complained about the scar--it seems he was afraid people would see it and draw the wrong conclusion as to who slashed his throat and why.)

If you're concerned about scarring--unless it's full thickness it shouldn't scar. If it's full thickness using antibiotic ointment a couple times a day with a gauze dressing over it will help. I'm guessing it's not full thickness. Did it bleed? Post a pic if you like.

Giant neck tat?

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    (True story--I did an carotid artery operation on a minor member of the defense team of a certain ex football player accused of slashing his wife's throat. This was well after the trial of said football player. The patient complained about the scar--it seems he was afraid people would see it and draw the wrong conclusion as to who slashed his throat and why.)

If you're concerned about scarring--unless it's full thickness it shouldn't scar. If it's full thickness using antibiotic ointment a couple times a day with a gauze dressing over it will help. I'm guessing it's not full thickness. Did it bleed? Post a pic if you like.
    No silicone recommendation? Pretty sure that's what plastic surgeons use to treat post-burn graft scarring, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post

So basically this should be fine, just wear collared shirts when not skiing and maybe a buff when skiing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170402_190436.jpg 
Views:	1970 
Size:	782.4 KB 
ID:	203773

I've had worse abrasions on my penis ffs.

Never said it was too bad, just don't want a scar ffs.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2918339/

Go to Walgreens and get some silicone scar gel. I had a cut on my forehead a few years back that I was very concerned would scar. Used that. Happy with it.
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

P.S.- I don't think that's going to scar. $20 or whatever is cheap piece of mind that you did all you could.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    P.S.- I don't think that's going to scar. $20 or whatever is cheap piece of mind that you did all you could.
    Booom! Exactly what I'm thinking.

when people ask, just way you were in the process of killing yourself with a power saw when you miraculously found the will to survive right when the teeth started tearing flesh. fortunately, you had a failsafe -- the power cord wrapped around your ankle.

or an unwillingness to use the right tool for autoeroticasphyxiation.

or a super aggressive partner who likes bondage, slave roll playing and pain but forgot your safe word until you best the shit out of him. trump will probably deport him anyway.

That will not scar. No treatment needed.

Sweet, just being cautious cause it would fucking suck. It's almost healed already tbh

You dodged a bullet on this one. Keep on keeping on straightline.

"You shoot the rope, eh Blondie?" -- Tuco

"I picked that one up ducking the rope at Buttermilk." -- Digital Debris

"Mother-fuck the poe lease" -- Rodney King

"You're So Vain" -- Tyler Durden

Dude, get a tattoo of ropeburn when it starts to heal up a bit more.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Go swim off the shores of Iceland.
    Old sailors say the salty cold water of the North Atlantic was the fastest rope burn cure ever.

To prevent scaring you should piss on it. Guaranteed not to scar. What's the downside?

I've had rope burn before and it didn't scar but my skin was shiny in that spot for like a year

also while it heals you could consider wearing multiple scarves like johnny depp
    Name:  scarves.jpg
Views: 2918
Size:  9.1 KB
    skid luxury