What bike? 2015 Devinci Troy - Yay or Nay?

I'm in need of my first mountain bike in the last 5 years or so. My last bike was a Yeti ASR5 when I lived in Taos. I moved to Portland and have ridden road/gravel for the last 4 years. Moved to Bend a few months ago and am needing to get back on the mountain bike wagon. Looking for a good all around trail bike. Budget is <$2500.

I have been considering this...any first hand reviews. Seems like a good deal on a good bike but looks like it got a lot better in 2016:
    http://www.evo.com/mountain/devinci-...lete-bike.aspx

Checking CL here in Bend and finding a few in that range but older like Yeti SB66, Rocky mountain element. Most people are telling me to stay away from 26'' regardless of how good the deal.

Would appreciate any suggestions or if you have anything to offer up i'm all ears. Thanks.

The 15 is still a really good trail bike. They did run small though. I'd size up on those

Yeah, that's a tough one. They only have mediums left and I'd say I'm a medium in 90% of bikes so hoping it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by taoslcl View Post
    Yeah, that's a tough one. They only have mediums left and I'd say I'm a medium in 90% of bikes so hoping it will work.
    Ya tough call. I'm 5'7" but my upper body length is same as friends 5"10'/5"11'. I would probably get a medium and I was considering a large. I have a few friends with them and they all sized up

Name:  fb688591d4a500029af2feaa8581f3ea.jpg
Views: 12781
Size:  31.0 KB
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Name:  fb688591d4a500029af2feaa8581f3ea.jpg
Views: 12781
Size:  31.0 KB

Black toques though

The Troy runs really really small. I believe last year the XL became the L and the new XL was an inch or two longer then the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    The Troy runs really really small. I believe last year the XL became the L and the new XL was an inch or two longer then the old one.
    FYI, My wife, who's 5'6" rides a Medium Troy.

Redesign (2016) Troy is in line with current norms, the previous generation is small and is a good trail bike but suspension supposedly bottoms easily.

I'd take the time to look through used ads at your budget, you'll be able to get a decent 1 or 2 year old bike in good condition.

Thanks for the input. I guess that explains why Evo has a ton of Mediums left in stock. I called Evo yesterday and they just quoted the manufacture sizing recs to me and told me it would fit "perfect". I guess I'll pass up on it and keep looking used. The Bend Bike Swap is this weekend so hoping to find something there.

My lady is 5'6" and rides a small 2014 Troy, but it's barely big enough. I'm 5'8" and rode a medium 2015 around Moab for a few days and found that the fit was good the the stock (50mm?) stem, but a slightly longer top-tube would have been nice. The design does go through its travel fairly easily but you should be able to increase the ramp-up of the shock by adding Rockshox bottomless rings. Seems like a very well-designed frame.

I now ride a medium 2014 Banshee Spitfire and the fit is similar, but with a smidge-longer top tube. I also used to have a medium 06' Giant Reign which fit similarly to the Troy, but with a shorter feeling front end.