Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Micro-dosing?

go big or go home

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Blue bird day would be better in my opinion. Sunshine is key and gives that warm hug from god while tripping.
    I remember riding my bike down a long paved east facing hill early on a summer morning when I was coming down from a fantastic mushroom trip. The the sun was just cresting the horizon and making the sky all sorts of colorful. That was like a warm hug from god. I can't recall a time where I was more overcome with joy and happiness.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Remember bicycle day is coming!

So instead of taking a trip you just keep strolling around the block?
    Gravity Junkie

I recently read this book, The Psychadelic Explorers Guide- https://www.amazon.com/Psychedelic-E...orer%27s+guide

It has some good information on micro dosing, mostly focused on LSD, but it's widely applicable. Seems LSD is making a come back. I hadn't seen any in years, and then some across the transom this winter. Seemed like good stuff to me. I'm curious about micro-dosing, but I haven't tried it.

I was mostly interested in using it to work through some stuff in my life, and it was good for that. I feel much more focused and productive after. I immeadiately cut out a bunch of shit that was sucking up my time and not adding any value.

According to an article in IFLS, this will be a discussion at an academic conference in Oakland soon. Focus on boomers and L microdosing.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgnar View Post
    I immeadiately cut out a bunch of shit that was sucking up my time and not adding any value.
    Must have been some bad shit if TGR didn't make the cut

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...ct-study-finds

But with so much of the evidence for microdosing anecdotal, scientists have been unclear whether taking regular small doses of the substances really achieves the boosts practitioners claim. The illegality of the drugs has not aided their search for answers.

To learn more, researchers at Imperial College London recruited 191 members of the public, who were already microdosing with LSD, for a placebo-controlled trial. It is the largest such study into the effects of psychedelics to date.

The scientists found that while those who microdosed for several weeks reported less anxiety, improved mood and better creativity, so too did those taking the placebo.

Man, that placebo shit sure does a lot of stuff well. Wonder where I can get me some?

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Man, that placebo shit sure does a lot of stuff well. Wonder where I can get me some?
    I've got some of the extra strength stuff, pm for purchasing and shipping info.

Apparently studies show even if they tell you its a placebo, they work
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

This is interesting, but not worth drawing conclusions from IMO. Participants were already active microdosers, sourced their own drugs and took unknown dosages, and self-blinded the doses. It's a clever way to get around the problem of studying Schedule 1 drugs, but it muddies the results so much I'm not sure it's worth the trouble, and it may even be detrimental if it results in false-negatives. I prefer macrodosing, FTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    https://www.npr.org/transcripts/718227789

I don't mind if y'all take all the placebo. I'm happy taking the leftovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I prefer macrodosing, FTR.
    Sig worthy.

Fuck, man, this shit is bunk.

back when I worked at Canada public archives in 1974 they gave me several boxes of files from food & drug to process which were all on Lysergic Acid Diethyalamide,

early research from the 50's and 60's, hand written clinical notes by a Psychiatrist on the process of getting stoned on pure LSD 25 from Sandoz which came in a box which reminded of any patent medicine box

correspondence between researchers in California & Vancover which was like Richard Alpert or his associates but not Tim Leary, this stuff was all fascinating shit and it was like psychedelic history

I read it all and ran it thru the shredder

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    back when I worked at Canada public archives in 1974 they gave me several boxes of files from food & drug to process which were all on Lysergic Acid Diethyalamide,

early research from the 50's and 60's, hand written clinical notes by a Psychiatrist on the process of getting stoned on pure LSD 25 from Sandoz which came in a box which reminded of any patent medicine box

correspondence between researchers in California & Vancover which was like Richard Alpert or his associates but not Tim Leary, this stuff was all fascinating shit and it was like psychedelic history

I read it all and ran it thru the shredder
    Well that was bloody silly.

The fact i was shredding history did not escape me but it was the job,

that was a long time ago but i still remember it and i don't remember much

in my advanced stages of dude ness

Maybe you could tape em back together with aqua seal eh

Quality post ^^ I just aqua sealed my first garment ever, thanks to his thread, half an hour ago!

Crack microdosing

Quote Originally Posted by Fjord View Post
    Crack microdosing
    Is that what $3 rocks are called? Back then we just called it a $3 rock.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11EEB83A-6BE2-4704-8A18-6CE3E3D5E2A6.jpeg 
Views:	61 
Size:	854.0 KB 
ID:	365687

Cheers Brian

Most modern primates eat mushrooms, so early hominids likely weren't just making blind guesses. According to Paul Stamets the most common mushroom on the African Savannah is Psilocybe cubensis growing out of the dung piles of herbivores. Make of that what you will....

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Most modern primates eat mushrooms, so early hominids likely weren't just making blind guesses. According to Paul Stamets the most common mushroom on the African Savannah is Psilocybe cubensis growing out of the dung piles of herbivores. Make of that what you will....
    That's it, I'm going!