Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Micro-dosing?

Are y'all talking about lsd or (synthetic?) psilocybin or something else?

This thread is about psilocybin. Geez splat. lol
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Ooooh, shit. Well, there's everything you ever wanted to know about L dosing. There was just a piece in the NYT a few days ago about a woman who was microdosing on L, apparently under the auspices of a psychiatrist, so her progress was logged in her battle against her depression, I believe. Anyone catch that article? I so foolishly assumed that was where the idea for this thread came from. Please excuse me tripping ballz all over the place....carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Ooooh, shit. Well, there's everything you ever wanted to know about L dosing. There was just a piece in the NYT a few days ago about a woman who was microdosing on L, apparently under the auspices of a psychiatrist, so her progress was logged in her battle against her depression, I believe. Anyone catch that article? I so foolishly assumed that was where the idea for this thread came from. Please excuse me tripping ballz all over the place....carry on.
    I've seen these two recently:

http://www.thestranger.com/features/...in-microdosing

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...-drugs-w470673

I'd be interested in some useful links about silly-cybin microdosing. Are people taking them with MAO-I's?

I've accidentally microdosed on acid, thinking that it was bunk but realizing after the show that I had puffed a whole eighth during the show by myself and still felt pretty "normal".

When I lived in Steamboat a big group of us "dosed" and we all ate an orange each and piled all the peels on the coffee table. Then, these two guys that were kind of douches walked in and asked, is someone burning a citrus candle?

We all just lost it laughing and they just turned around and walked out.

This was the same night our roommate from Argentina asked us, "will Matt be traveling with you tonight?"

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Varies person to person. 2-5 g seems "standard". I can ask my friend how he has been doing it weight wise. He's been making capsules.
    Sorry correction . Milligrams. My bad

Edit for dosage

Varies person to person. 2-5 MG (milligram) seems "standard". I can ask my friend how he has been doing it weight wise. He's been making capsules.
    Sorry correction . Milligrams. My bad
    .2-.5 gram

just so we're clear here, if you're talking about straight up mushrooms the prefix you're looking for is deci-

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    .2-.5 gram

just so we're clear here, if you're talking about straight up mushrooms the prefix you're looking for is deci-
    Thanks for the clarification. I suck at math. Good thing I don't microdose I'd probably be in a corner talking to something that wasn't really there.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    ..Macrodosing...
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    ...Mega-dosing?...
    I knew a guy who was a heavy shroomer. He was on a different plane all the time. Climbed the Grand once after a macrodose of shrooms. He's now a HR guy for a outdoor clothing company.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Fuckin hippies.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I took some micro doses in the late nineties while living in Madrid. Ended up exploring the royal palace at night and walking around the city for 8 hours, culminating in losing my shit when a midget walked into a cafe with a 6'1" hooker.

One of the most fun nights of my life. I didn't know they were still around!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Not so sure those doses were micro.

Micro dots maybe, as in mescaline. Had an interesting night eating those after a couple hits of window panes.

Microdots was acid. Mescaline is pretty big pills https://erowid.org/chemicals/mescali...ine_dose.shtml

Some friends and I have experimented this season on the hill. It's been fun.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Not so sure those doses were micro.
    Troof

Back in my 20-something year old ski bumming days we called that Tuesday.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Saw that was the current issue of RS and it looks like a good article. Gonna pick it up tomorrow.
    Ayahuasca...nuff said.

Ayahuasca is getting pretty trendy in certain circles apparently. The New Yorker had a pretty in-depth piece last fall: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...oom-in-the-u-s

i've been meaning to venture into ayahuasca for a couple decades since my first trip to s.a. it just hasn't worked out. i roomed with a german who did it with a shaman and it fucked him up psychologically. i don't know for how long because he moved out. also fucked up his guts as he destroyed the shitter. curiosity kicked that cat's ass.
    Last edited by wyeaster; 04-05-2017 at 11:21 AM.

reading comprension: the usual a+!!! thanks for the apple!

Sounds like he was just full of shit.

hey now highangle don't be shy

OK. I guess I like the 'german' angle...

It adds rich detail to otherwise uncompelling third-hand stonerFUD.