Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Runts?
    And I can't even blame auto correkt

Quote Originally Posted by iceclimb View Post

Look idiots.... take a damn breath .
    This pretty much covers it. If people would relax, stop stressing about people in their way, and accept the fact that they are going to be max 5 minutes later they would live longer. Now if I could just take my own advice--especially since I rarely have anywhere I have to be at a particular time.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Where are we going to get a chance to vent all our rage when self-driving cars finally take over? I predict a big uptick in fight clubs. Maybe I shouldn't talk about it...
    We'll just have to fly more

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    We'll just have to fly more

Golf clap!

And please fellas, remember to keep to the right and stay safe out there.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromontana View Post
    CO trip on I-70 last weekend was impressive. Electronic highway signs noting enforcement of stay right cept 2 pass. Troopers before De Beque & all through Grand Junction. Mfers be slowly learning.
    Was it the stay right law? Here on Hwy 82 the signs say enforcement of the move over law in in effect. This is for the law to move over and give space for emergency vehicles on the side of the road. I wish it was for the right lane law.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    If you were that far back in most places, you'd have two more cars slide in
    This is the problem. People feel they need to follow close enough that no one can change into their lane in front of them, which is why people who otherwise would stay in the right lane quickly figure out that unless they want to get stuck following a truck uphill at 40 on the freeway, they'd best just stay in the left lane. This practice defies any rational explanation of how much time you lose by leaving room for people to merge or change lanes--it's purely a matter of dick waving, of people thinking that they've been dissed or beaten if someone enters their lane in front of them. And I am guilty as charged.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    This is the problem. People feel they need to follow close enough that no one can change into their lane in front of them, which is why people who otherwise would stay in the right lane quickly figure out that unless they want to get stuck following a truck uphill at 40 on the freeway, they'd best just stay in the left lane.
    Then move move you old mahout. You are not astride Ganesh!

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Then move move you old mahout. You are not astride Ganesh!
    Nah I'm going to keep going 50 in the left lane while your blood pressure goes up, you have a stroke, and die.

Nah I'm going to keep going 50 in the left lane as long as my sleep apnea remains in remission.

Nah I'm going to keep going 50 in the left lane while your blood pressure goes up, you have a stroke, and die.
    I would hope just before dying, they would move over to the right lane. It's the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    My wife and her mom are on a trip in India. They are in a bus in the mountains, heading back to Delhi to catch a plane home. A rock falls on the two lane mountain road, blocking one lane. The two lanes of opposing traffic--mostly trucks-- wind up face to face in a standoff. All the truck drivers get out of their trucks, go into a field next to the road with little stoves and start cooking dinner. My wife figures she's going to miss her plane unless she does something--she gets out of the bus and starts yelling at people to back up. One car has been hit by the rock, she organizes the truck drivers to push it off the road. Eventually she gets the blockage cleared enough so her bus can get through, after which both lanes try to go through at the same time again and the road is blocked again. But she made her flight.

Here's an experiment. Drive in the right lane, maybe 5 over. See a car a ways behind you in the left lane. Turn on your left blinker. Watch car in left lane floor it to keep you from changing lanes. Turn off blinker. When he pulls up next to you--assuming he doesn't drop his speed when you turn off blinker--give him a grin and wag your index (not middle) finger at him. You have controlled his actions--he is now your bitch--and maybe made him realize what a dick he is, but probably not.
    Last edited by old goat; 04-21-2017 at 10:47 AM.

This thread is about left lane camping assholes.

Start your own if you want to talk tailgating assholes.

You can't just throw all the assholes into one bucket and mix them around. It gets confusing and no one likes asshole stew.

I'd wager the pickup at the head of the line was camping. You'll note this all occurred in the left lane.

Camping begets tailgating which begets CHAOS!

Lovely chaos...

Oh I know exactly how this started and you're probably right.

Cletus in the F350 sees a line of cars behind him and in response to their repeated flashing headlights and close proximity of their bumpers points to his right to tell them to go around and that he's got every got-damned right to drive in this here left lane.

When that didn't take he simply stood on the brake pedal like it owed him money thereby making a quick introduction between his rear steel bed and the leading edge of whatever crapcan was immediately behind him.

I drive that section every weekday at right that time of day. (this morning was stuck about a mile behind) It's like Nascar out there.

Right where that accident happened is where drivers are getting blinded by the sun. Combine that with morons texting, applying makeup, chatting on the phone, or drinking coffee. They don't see the taillights until the bumpers are smashed. The problem is aggravated by the construction blocking out the shoulders. There is just no where to bail at 60mph.

Bless you CDOT. This should be on every electronic highway sign nationwide for a week.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9249DD84-6A1A-4A3F-892D-E3A65D55583F.jpeg 
Views:	123 
Size:	773.5 KB 
ID:	377721

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Bless you CDOT. This should be on every electronic highway sign nationwide for a week.

To me the sign looks like the shoulder is the driving lane.

nah, that can’t be right… the shoulder is for passing.

80% of drivers would *still* ignore it.

Signs are just suggestions and really only apply to other people.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Those messages have been up for years now. No improvement.

I applaud the effort, though.

I went up to LA last weekend to do some riding. Someone has added "U-S-E" letter stickers to every Turnout sign on the Angeles Crest Hwy. I noticed and thought it was smart, but I'm sure most slow drivers just mosey on past, oblivious.

So right lane is for passing and shoulder is for driving.

Got it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Been chafing my ass recently how 'round here 18 wheelers act like it's there goddam birthright to go 80 down the hill and 60 up it. in the left lane. I've run blocker a few times in the left lane, particuarly 675 and ATL-Macon 75 and it's unbelievable how they act. Dickwads.

/ rant
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Been chafing my ass recently how 'round here 18 wheelers act like it's there goddam birthright to go 80 down the hill and 60 up it. in the left lane. I've run blocker a few times in the left lane, particuarly 675 and ATL-Macon 75 and it's unbelievable how they act. Dickwads.

/ rant
    Yeah, but once you pick up I-16 In Macon it’s 90mph or GTFO straight on through to HHI/SAV.

You’re right though, love the truck that thinks, let me just whip by this line of other trucks real quick and then forget to downshift 20 gears at the approach of the slightest incline. Neat, now we’re all doing 50mph for the next 10 miles.